It's Time To Forgive George Lucas

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
It's Time To Forgive George Lucas

It's time to stop hating George Lucas, gang.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You know what? I never blamed him in the first place. There is nothing to forgive.

The next time I see Star Wars, it will be the remastered versions. Because it doesn't fucking matter.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
"...if Greedo shooting first "ruined your life" then your life was in a pretty sorry place to begin with"

EXACTLY!

Hit the nail on the head with this article. I'll be e-mailing it to a bunch of my friends to read over. Doubt it will change there opinions but whatever, some people are just thick headed

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
To be honest, I never really had this problem, by the time I was old enough to appreciate the Star Wars films the prequels were just rolling out, so I don't really mind them, since I wasn't nostalgic about the original trilogy, same about Indiana Jones too.

Hell, I never watched all of Return of the Jedi until after the first prequel, I was poor so we only bought VHS tapes occasionally.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Confession.

I prefer the prequels.
There is nothing to forgive, George, if I want intelligent social comment from you, I'll watch Graffiti or THX. You've earned your stripes, and everyone likes a bit of fun.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
C.S. Lewis, in describing his gradual personal transition from staunch atheist to Christian philosopher (and author of the Narnia books) described his period of unbelief as a state of being "angry with God for not existing."
Ow Ow Ow, I don't know who that guy is but that comment made my brain owie, I'll have to read Page 2 some other time

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I've gone over excessive hate against Lucas long ago and currently trying to stop hating on Twilight so much.

I think i'd rather spend my time obsessing over things i love and preach about the good words (and images, and sounds) than obsessing over things i hate.

That said, why don't you go and listen to some "The Human Equiation" by Ayreon while buying a bunch of Scott Pilgrim books before the movie releases and round out the evening with some Firefly or Summer Wars, an anime movie so good it comes close to Ghibli.

That would make a pretty awesome day...

porschecm2

Jun 5, 2009
Hm, good article. I am myself guilty at times of complaining too much about his dud Star Wars movies. I think what really did them in was the amount of hype/hope that surrounded the prequels, because almost every famous director has dud movies, yet we usually don't remember them for that. For that matter, even Lucas has dud films that no one rails at him for (Howard the Duck, anyone?).

ghaldar

Apr 2, 2009
I will always drink the Starwars koolaid. It does not matter what "it" is that is released I will be a fan. I have no idea why but I simply love it all.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Why do I have to forgive him? There's nothing to forgive. I actually liked the Star Wars Prequels and Indian Jones IV. *runs away before the flaming starts*

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I don't think the prequels were bad, just different. Me? I love the Clone Wars era.

...and that's about as much as I really need to say haha

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
I don't hate George Lucas because of the prequels or animated series.
I hate him because of the Star Wars Holiday Special, which is unforgivable!
Producing Howard the Duck doesn't help.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
I always blamed the advancement in technolgy for the flunk of the newest Star Wars films.
Yeah, same here.

People were used to seeing what it used to look like...and now it looks so much more...shinny. I know it put me off a little when I saw them.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
No Forgiveness!
No Regret!
No Mercy!

Actually, I never understood the hatred of George Lucas. Sure, Anakin was an irritating little **** in the Ep.1, But that's no reason to subject him to unending raeging.

May 28, 2009
slowpoke999 said:
C.S. Lewis, in describing his gradual personal transition from staunch atheist to Christian philosopher (and author of the Narnia books) described his period of unbelief as a state of being "angry with God for not existing."
Ow Ow Ow, I don't know who that guy is but that comment made my brain owie, I'll have to read Page 2 some other time
I think the theory there is that you can't be angry with God and not believe in Him at the same time. Or is it just the strangeness of the sentence that vortexed your brain?

OT: Sure I'll forgive the little scamp! But only if I get to tug on his magic beard for luck.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Very well-written as always, Bob. Of course, not mentioning Crystal Skull is kind of a cop-out, but there's really no way to defend that...

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
To be honest, I liked all the films more or less.

except epsiode 3, the writeing in episode 3 was too weak in my opinion.

episode 1 was really good in my opinion, and episode 2 gave us another Fett so no worries there.