I've been watching shows on HBO Max, but disappointed at the lack of certain shows

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The point of HBO Max is that its supposed to house not only HBO shows and movies but pretty much everything else under the umbrella of Time Warner Media/AT&T to which HBO is a part of. So it includes Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Warner Brothers Film and Animation, DC Films and Animation. And their access to anime that being Crunchyroll, also the entire Ghibli catalog.

But at the moment the streaming service is missing a lot of things that I am disappointed at so here's what they are missing in regards to things that I am interested in:

Still waiting for:
Dexter's Lab: Ego Trip film, Ed, Edd, n, Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Kids Next Door, Grim Adventures, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Freakazoid, Duck Dodgers 2003, Sym Bionic Titan, The Venture Brothers, Batman the Animated Series and its movies, Superman the Animated Series, Justice League, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, 300, Goodfellas, Grave of the Fireflies being their only missing Ghibli Film.

And the Extended Cuts of LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Snyder's Watchmen, and Christopher Reeve Superman. They only have the original theatrical cuts.

And no Donner Cut of Superman II either.

Like the library is already great as is like I am glad it has my absolute favorite Cartoon Network shows in Dexter, PPG and Jack,, but if these other shows and films makes it in, I would constantly stay subscribed to this service long term.

Because Time Warner/AT&T at the moment has a so much stuff in their vault that I grew up with and enjoy. My favorite films, cartoons, series, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Time Warner and WB the same? Does this make the DC Universe streaming service redundant? Thinking of getting it for a month to see Doom Patrol, Titans, Swamp Thing.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dexter's Lab: Ego Trip film, Ed, Edd, n, Eddy
If they don't get Dex's Lab or the Ed Boys, I would not be upset. I even have trouble watching the older season of Dexter, because I hate Dee Dee so much. Ed, Edd, Eddy is so depressing, and I hate Kevin, Sarah, and the Kankers even more than Dee Dee. Once you see the movie, which is the series finale, it's hard to go back and watch the series. The options are great and fine, but I can live without Grave of the Fireflies. I don't have HBO MAXm so no big deal for me. I understand your frustration though.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I think some of those shows are on other streaming services, so they probably can't put them on HBO until those contracts run out.

I remember rewatching all of the DC animated series (Batman, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond, etc) on Netflix a little while back.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Why the hell has Tartakovsky's complete Dexter's Lab not been released on DVD? I'd love it on Blu-ray, but if I can't have that then at least release the damn DVDs in full. Been half a lifetime since I've seen them.

I own some of those on Blu-ray and UHD, by the way. Feels nice not relying on streaming services for all my entertainment. Animaniacs is on my shopping list, and I'm waiting for the inevitable release of Superman TAS.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
If they don't get Dex's Lab or the Ed Boys, I would not be upset. I even have trouble watching the older season of Dexter, because I hate Dee Dee so much. Ed, Edd, Eddy is so depressing, and I hate Kevin, Sarah, and the Kankers even more than Dee Dee. Once you see the movie, which is the series finale, it's hard to go back and watch the series. The options are great and fine, but I can live without Grave of the Fireflies. I don't have HBO MAXm so no big deal for me. I understand your frustration though.
1. Dexter's Lab is already in the streaming service, I mean that its missing its TV movie special, Ego Trip, essentially the true finale to the series:

2. Eh, I don't hate Dee Dee too much because essentially I view Dexter and Dee Dee's antics as no different from Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. Its all part of the comedy of slapstick.

3. So far its really Sarah > Kankers > Kevin for me. Because what makes Sarah worse is that she's a sibling to the main charcater. And nothing is worse in life then having a family member that treats you like a piece of shit. But in the end the Eds are dumbasses that deserves it sometimes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
1. Dexter's Lab is already in the streaming service, I mean that its missing its TV movie special, Ego Trip, essentially the true finale to the series:

2. Eh, I don't hate Dee Dee too much because essentially I view Dexter and Dee Dee's antics as no different from Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. Its all part of the comedy of slapstick.

3. So far its really Sarah > Kankers > Kevin for me. Because what makes Sarah worse is that she's a sibling to the main charcater. And nothing is worse in life then having a family member that treats you like a piece of shit. But in the end the Eds are dumbasses that deserves it sometimes.
For Dee Dee, it depended on the writer. Some episodes she was okay, other times I couldn't stand her. For the record, I was usually more sympathetic to Tom when it came to Tom and Jerry.

oh I definitely agree. Sarah was the worst period it's just that I pretty much have near equal for all of them. well yes they could be dumbasses at times, the neighborhood kids would take it too far at times. They did things my older brother would never do the Ed's.