I've finished Assasins creed Revelations (I think)...what did you think?

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I preferred Brotherhood to Revelations. Brotherhood at least had the Borgia story to wrap up, but I couldn't get invested in the Sultan arc in the slightest.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
One thing that confused me in revelations was why we even had to play as ezio. All he did was replay altairs life to pass a message to Desmond.

So why couldn't Desmond just play through those memories?

On the other hand, I did really enjoy seeing ezio getting to know altairs story and discovering where he came from

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Vault101 said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
I quite enjoyed Revelations, but even as a big fan of the series I can admit it lacked direction. The plot seemed to meander back and forth and the final "revelations" was information that had really been implied in the previous games.

Still, the game was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to wrapping things up this year with AC3 =)
is AC3 suposed FINALLY end the series?

because I get the impression they want to play this out for as long as possible
Well AC3 has been in development for three years now. The plot is coming to a point in 2012, and UbiSoft said that it'd be weird to continue the plot after that point in time had passed in the real world.

Having said that, the AC Universe does lend itself to further games. I think Ubisoft's plan is to finish the Desmond arc and then start releasing games more infrequently, as opposed to once a year.

Summary: AC3 will probably be the end of Desmond, but not the end of the franchise =)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
WaysideMaze said:
One thing that confused me in revelations was why we even had to play as ezio. All he did was replay altairs life to pass a message to Desmond.

So why couldn't Desmond just play through those memories?

On the other hand, I did really enjoy seeing ezio getting to know altairs story and discovering where he came from
I think to wrap up Ezios story

LavaLampBamboo said:
Vault101 said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
I quite enjoyed Revelations, but even as a big fan of the series I can admit it lacked direction. The plot seemed to meander back and forth and the final "revelations" was information that had really been implied in the previous games.

Still, the game was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to wrapping things up this year with AC3 =)
is AC3 suposed FINALLY end the series?

because I get the impression they want to play this out for as long as possible
Well AC3 has been in development for three years now. The plot is coming to a point in 2012, and UbiSoft said that it'd be weird to continue the plot after that point in time had passed in the real world.

Having said that, the AC Universe does lend itself to further games. I think Ubisoft's plan is to finish the Desmond arc and then start releasing games more infrequently, as opposed to once a year.

Summary: AC3 will probably be the end of Desmond, but not the end of the franchise =)
really? well in that case there may be hope for assasins creed yet

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Loved it, maybe not as much as Brotherhood or AC II, but still, any time with Ezio is good!

Looking forward to the end of Desmond's story this October and then to see where ubisoft will take the series next.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I've got to agree with the majority of the posters here.

The game wasn't 'bad', it just didn't add ANYTHING to the series.

I used to like Ezio. In AC2 he was a new take on the series. A middle ground between the rigid, cold Altair, and the naive, boyish Desmond. After experiencing his story and his conclusion at the end of AC2, he was one of my favorite characters in gaming.

But then we got not one, but TWO new games with him as the protagonist, where he doesn't do much of anything of interest, (at least in terms of the main plot,) and now he just makes me feel... bored.

The funny thing is, if Ubisoft had made Assassins Creed 3, and THEN came back and released these games, I'd probably be praising them. I guess I'm just more upset that it feels like Brotherhood and Revelations were made JUST to take our money from us, without the heart and soul that seemed to go into the making of AC2.

Shaunofthebread

Sep 21, 2011
With the bombs, that mechanic of the game was so needless, i used them once or twice when i HAD to. And both them times was smoke bombs. The explosive ones were quite usual but in the heat of comabat, i just forgot they even existed. There was no need for the bombs to be in the game, just having a smoke bomb was fine. Although i loved the game, especially the cave parts and the freerunning just looked amazing. Enjoyed it more than brotherhood but wish there was more to do after the story was completed.