I've finished Assasins creed Revelations (I think)...what did you think?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SPOILERS

so It was 1am last night and I played through what I think was the ending sequnce and everything (get to that in a second) then I think after the thing with those "god aliens" it goes to a white loading screen..which it got stuck on, Im not sure if there was somthing wrong or if it was intentional

so I just quit and since it was late decided to continue in the morning..I loaded up and it went to the credits..

so Im guessing I did finish it..if theres anything I missed please let me know

anyway..the ending[/B]

so the ending..ummm I didnt exactally get it, from what I can gather it shows that civilisation was pretty advanced in the "before time" thanks to the alien gods...also as Im sure you would have noticed the whole seaquence was similar to Pompee

Im not entirly sure what specifically the "message" ezio was giving to desmond, or what desmond had actually lenrt..Im gussing the location of another vault or somthing, again there could have been stuff I missed

the good [/B]

I know its generally annyoing that Ubisoft want Assasns creed to be their "COD" as we can tell with the 1 game a year thing

to behonest I think revelations was ALOT better than Brotherhood, mainly for the fact brotherhoods existance didnt feel all that justified, at least revelations mixed things up a bit

I liked the puzzle sections and focusing on Desmond..as bland as he may be

I liked playing Altiair again, though I wish he got more games, also I like that Altairs son looks like subject 16...nice touch there

The bad [/B]

although it did bother me I've noticed that the AC games have gotten alot more cutsceny, I like them just fine, but I wish they would tone down the action seaquences and the overbearing set peices there were times I felt it got over the top ..I mean considering the first one had virtually no cutscenes

is it me or was this one shorter than the others? hmmmm

also I dont need to repeat the whole "gameplay" thing and how they keep shoveling more stuff upon the core gameplay, I didnt see the need to "rebuild shops" or "recruit assasins" like in Brotherhood

and I only ever used a bomb once

also [/B]

so imagine your just a simple farmer/peasant minding your own buisness and working on the feilds

then right the fuck out of nowhere a carrage comes flying round the corner flanked by gunmen on hoarseback driven by an iltialian lady and with a man [i/] flying [/i] behined with a "batmna-like" chute, swooping down and killing the solders

that whole seaqunce I was thinking how rediculosly hilarious it was

so anywa, what did you think? better or worse than brotherhood?

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Oh god, the carriage chase at the end was so gloriously stupid, it was hard not to enjoy it.

So anyway I would say it's better than Brotherhood, but since Brotherhood existed, Rev felt like it was dragging on even worse. Rev also had a somewhat less gotcha, bullshit "ending" so that was nice. I can't really remember what was up with the Aliens/message thing, but I think I'm just so ready for the arc to finally get to damn ending that I barely care about it... which is weird.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
burningdragoon said:
Oh god, the carriage chase at the end was so gloriously stupid, it was hard not to enjoy it.

So anyway I would say it's better than Brotherhood, but since Brotherhood existed, Rev felt like it was dragging on even worse. Rev also had a somewhat less gotcha, bullshit "ending" so that was nice. I can't really remember what was up with the Aliens/message thing, but I think I'm just so ready for the arc to finally get to damn ending that I barely care about it... which is weird.
true...

I am annoyed that it turns out Ezios story only really gets closure in some "extra" little film thing, though I may have missed that with the loading screen thing (did that happen or was it just me?)

I know I was getting sick of ezio/renisance italy, but that was only because AC2 took me a LONG drawn out time to finish so by the time i picked up brotherhood I felt like Id been playing assasins creed for ever

I just started a second playthrough of the first one, and I find it a shame that they didnt keep with their aproach to cutscenes (in fact not many games use that aproach) their more like "guided" in game scripted moments, where your control is still there only limited at certian points, it makes you feel "in" the action rather than observing

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Soxafloppin said:
It was okay, AC2 still remains my favourite by far though.
Assassin's Creed 2 is a masterpiece. It's easily one of the best games of this generation. Revelations was the biggest disappointment of 2011 for me because I expected it to be awesome.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
It's sad to see how far they've fallen after how amazing Assassins Creed 2 was. Revelations was a horrible disappointment. It was the worst game I've ever bought, though I am usually very careful about buying games at launch. I beat it and sold it back to Gamestop right away, and I'm done with the series. I'll read the story on the internet for the next games. Ubisoft milked the cash cow and now the cash cow is dead.

Also, 2 threads where Adam Jensen is above me. You could say he is... on top of me. I am a lucky girl.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
It's sad to see how far they've fallen after how amazing Assassins Creed 2 was. Revelations was a horrible disappointment. It was the worst game I've ever bought, though I am usually very careful about buying games at launch. I beat it and sold it back to Gamestop right away, and I'm done with the series. I'll read the story on the internet for the next games. Ubisoft milked the cash cow and now the cash cow is dead.

Also, 2 threads where Adam Jensen is above me. You could say he is... on top of me. I am a lucky girl.
wow....you didnt like then...?

It wasnt that bad, but I thnk they need to remove alot of the annoying crap

lord canti

May 30, 2009
In all honesty the whole game felt rather pointless to me. It seems they could of done just a movie and it would of been about the same.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
I didn't like it nearly as much as i liked Brotherhood, which is my favourite game in the series. I did find the multiplayer superb but I thought that the single player could have been summed up in a 2 minute video. In Brotherhood you were against the god damn Borgia, which was much more exciting than 'find seal repeat, find seal, repeat". It also helped that Brotherhood was set over a few years as you could see Ezio become stronger. There were also more 'epic' moments in Brotherhood where I felt like the best assassin in the world, while in Revelations I felt like an old man who was more interested in hitting on a girl about 20 years younger than him than finding the seals.

Overall multiplayer is the only reason I would give Revelations more than a 6/10. I think it's an 8.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I rather liked it but towards the end I was getting more and more pissed of at Ezio. Rather than just say, stab the main antagonist when he had the chance (several times) he always seems to let him get away.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Revelations was ok, not great, borderline chafing at times.

Cons: The Desmond's memory sections I would have rather had delivered to me in literally any other way than a clunky first person platforming segment.
Love interest needed a HUGE crowbar to get it into the story.
Way to easy (this has been true since 2).
Tower defence? Really? (Also, ironically, stupidly hard tower defence)

Pro's: Enjoyed the story up until the magical aliens turned up and confused me.
Did quite like bombs. Handy for taking out large groups of guards, but added to the lack of difficulty.
Altair was fun to play again, though a lot of back story got kinda dumped on you about him.
Multiplayer was a good laugh.
Probably still one of the best looking games of the last 5 years.

So, in conclusion, it was alright, but needs work. Hopefully a sequel will make it a little harder, a little more thought into the assassinations (the
Tarik
assassination was insultingly easy, putting a platform 5 feet above his head) and the story a little more organic.

Still hopeful for a decent end to the series.

EDIT: And, as has been mentioned above, the hell happened to Des's face? Why is he Adam Sandler now?

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Terrible. I quite liked AC2 and thought brotherhood was alright too, but revelations was a frustrating game to struggle through; Not because it was difficult, but because I didn't like playing it.

It was very, very clear that the people developing it had been given no time at all to make it and it more than showed.

Can't wait to sell it.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
I was incredibly disappointed with Revelations, it wasn't bad per se, just.....

Not needed I guess, it didnt really add anything to the story, and it's story itself felt average.
I left the game feeling very.....'meh'. It's going to take alot of convincing to get me to buy another AC game.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
I liked it but I have a soft spot for Ezio heh. I did find the single player was lacking the big bad guy of the previous games to kill at the end. Bombs were fun, tower defence wasn't but could be completely avoided so seemed rather pointless to even put it in the game.
I like the scenery and there were some good sections for exploring and running about.

Mar 9, 2010
I fucking loved it, there hasn't been an AC game that I haven't loved in fact. I was disappointed by Desmond's ending in this one, I thought I was going to get a bit more of his story, but clearly they've left that for 3 so I can deal with it.

The bombs, hideout battles and assassin recruits still feel like they've just been tagged on, but the recruits are getting better as the games progress, I reckon they'll have quite a larger impact on the third iteration, what with the assassin purges.

I can't wait to see the ending though.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I quite enjoyed Revelations, but even as a big fan of the series I can admit it lacked direction. The plot seemed to meander back and forth and the final "revelations" was information that had really been implied in the previous games.

Still, the game was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to wrapping things up this year with AC3 =)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
LavaLampBamboo said:
I quite enjoyed Revelations, but even as a big fan of the series I can admit it lacked direction. The plot seemed to meander back and forth and the final "revelations" was information that had really been implied in the previous games.

Still, the game was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to wrapping things up this year with AC3 =)
is AC3 suposed FINALLY end the series?

because I get the impression they want to play this out for as long as possible

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I am worried that assassins creed is having less and less actual assassinations in game.Revolutions just seemed to be wandering around blowing shit up and then getting into a large fight.

I feel the stealthy sneak to your target then take him out gameplay is slowly disappearing that is weird.As i think that was the thing that made these games stand out.

Also some of the things they try to weave into the "secret" history of the world is just so out of place.It just seems they have a bunch of pictures of people from history and threw a dart at them.Going he was templar so he is was assassin so thats why they killed them.

I understand they are trying to do the secret ongoing war through history route but at least think abit about the person before labeling them one of the two sides.