I've never been punched in the face

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
It's not exactly a pleasant feeling, take the flat of your hand and hit yourself on the nose lightly, now imagine that, only much much harder. I was taught to box from an early age and know how to take a punch, but it's not something anyone sane goes looking for.

Oddly enough I've never broken a bone, sprained and cracked stuff, but never actually broken something, how does that feel?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You havent? Hunh, you're lucky (or sheltered).

It hurts. Thats all I can say really. And the hurt is relative to the guys momentum and upperbody strength.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, it always hurts. But how much and what kind of pain depends on whom is doing the punching and in what kind of state you are.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Never got hit in the face with a fist without having a helmet on already (hockey).

But I have had plenty of tennis balls and even a hockey puck hit me in the face once. Shit hurts just as much as a fist I assume.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
tkioz said:
It's not exactly a pleasant feeling, take the flat of your hand and hit yourself on the nose lightly, now imagine that, only much much harder. I was taught to box from an early age and know how to take a punch, but it's not something anyone sane goes looking for.

Oddly enough I've never broken a bone, sprained and cracked stuff, but never actually broken something, how does that feel?
Persistent pain that gets worse when you use a muscle near the break/cracked bone. I'm sure different places have different levels of pain it would cause to have them break. (Femur versus forearm for example.)

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I have, only once though. Can only really remember being stunned. Got me right on the nose, which of course started bleeding profusely.

Yarggg

Apr 17, 2010
It sucks.. If hit hard enough can leave a nasty bruise.. Not pleasant at all..

lokitheinane

Feb 17, 2011
i once got attacked on the street by three guys. tried to talk my way out of it when one the one to my right, who had been a way's off, ran up and punched me in the jaw. i used to box and have done a bit of thai-boxing and that so its i know how to take a punch, but my total unreadiness and the guys momentum caused me to have difficulty chewing for about 2 months afterwards. the point of this triade is that it dident hurt untill the following morning, because if youve trained for it, the fight is what your thinking about, not the pain. anywho, imagne the most stuffed sinuses youve ever had, with a bit of repeating shooting pain in your teeth and a full facial ache, and thats a basic punch. and if its head on, your eyes water or and if its a hook, you could well be knocked unconcious

laol1999

Apr 15, 2010
ive never been punched in the face but if its anything like being hit to the face with a basketball it probobly realy hurts

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Never been punched in the face - unless you count the time my friend was showing off his Bruce Lee skillz (sigh) next to my face and I turned my head and he bonked me one on the nose. Didn't hurt much though.

I HAVE managed to give myself a black eye or two. My first was on the parallel monkey bars at school when I was 10; I was showing off and bang! bar right in the eye. The second time I opened a kitchen cupboard and well...

Yeah. I'm awesomely dumb that way.

People at work teased (at least I hope they didn't mean it) that my room mate was abusing me.

Hurt like a sonuvagun.

Ah, good times... /sarcasm