I've seen a lot of stories lately on the Police in the US. This is by far the worst.

Jul 5, 2009
Strangely, lately I've seen an increase in people being arrested for video taping cops, cops being over enthusiastic with their firearms and jumpy over-all.

But this:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/09/13/39729.htm

In San Antonio two 14 year old boys got in a fight outside school, the school police officer stopped it and told one of the boys, Derek to freeze. Apparently the boy panicked and ran away. The cop gave chase but couldn't find him. Soon after he received a call that a little boy had jumped into a nearby garden and was hiding in the shed. The police officer arrived quickly, drawing his weapon as he exited his car. He swiftly entered the garden and promptly shot the boy dead.
Yeah.

Okay thanks to Eri we also have this:

http://www.ksat.com/news/25797958/detail.html

According to this piece, the officer slowly approached the shed saying police, the boy jumped out hitting him with the door and the officer accidentally fired his gun. I doubt however, he would be fearing for his life against an unarmed 14 year old.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
the cop had been reprimanded 16 times in the previous 4 years, suspended without pay 5 times, and "recommended for termination for insubordination," but the school kept him on the force "without remedial training."
Thats all I need to read right there.

When the cop gets charged I think they should also charge whoever kept him in employment. It's just as much their fault.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Here's some of the story they "left" out.
Ksat said:
The officer didn't see him at first, but "approached the storage shed to search further for the suspect announcing several times 'Police, Police.'"
The report also stated that the "(Lopez) lunged through the doorway at (Alvarado), intentionally knocking the shed door into (Alvarado's) face."
The report further details that "fearing for his life, (Alvarado) discharged one round striking (Lopez) in his torso."

3nglish

Sep 13, 2011
The news article posted tells the story mostly from the point of view of the mother of the boy being shot. How would she know what the boy did and didn't do when he was hiding? I'm not defending the police officer's actions, but the story seems to be biased and is clearly from the point of the wronged party. I would like to see more information before jumping to conclusions.

Jul 5, 2009
Mackheath said:
And he will probably not be punished.

I'm cynical enough to believe some asshole cop will give him an alibi, and the ranks will close.
You are right actually, I think he got to keep his job but now the state is being sued because he's getting away scott free and the county continues to half train their officers.

Jul 5, 2009
Eri said:
Ksat said:
The officer didn't see him at first, but "approached the storage shed to search further for the suspect announcing several times 'Police, Police.'"
The report also stated that the "(Lopez) lunged through the doorway at (Alvarado), intentionally knocking the shed door into (Alvarado's) face."
The report further details that "fearing for his life, (Alvarado) discharged one round striking (Lopez) in his torso."
Dammit every damn time I post a story on here :/
Still he should not have had his weapon drawn, but he's not as Hitler as I make him out to be.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Wow, 10 posts without some moron spouting out "I lost my faith in humanity!". That's probably a record.

OT: That's a shitty cop.
After seeing the post with the explanation, I take back what I said. The cop was pretty much in the right.

WhiteHawk0117

Feb 2, 2011
An officer who has been reprimanded 16 times in the previous 4 years, suspended without pay 5 times, and 'recommended for termination for insubordination,' but the school kept him on the force 'without remedial training.'" Should NOT EVEN HAVE BEEN ON THE FORCE AFTER THE 1ST YEAR. This is an EXTREME Case.

I don't suppose that any of y'all are criminal justice majors? Also, a lot of the time the media does go overboard.

Simskiller

Oct 13, 2010

That's a huge over reaction on the police officers part.

Captcha: schöff ofoncess

I imagine that saying "Scoff at offensives."

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
the cop had been reprimanded 16 times in the previous 4 years, suspended without pay 5 times, and "recommended for termination for insubordination," but the school kept him on the force "without remedial training."
Thats all I need to read right there.

When the cop gets charged I think they should also charge whoever kept him in employment. It's just as much their fault.
I have to agree with you here.

Even IF the kid ran from the law and "attacked him with the shed door," it doesn't detract from the fact that he is a hormonal child, while the officer is expected to be a professional, trained law enforcer with strict abidance to a set of rules and conduct. There is no doubt as to who should be held to the higher standard, and neither should there even be a debate as to which one of the two TRULY lost their shit in the stressful situation.

Jul 5, 2009
Mackheath said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Mackheath said:
And he will probably not be punished.

I'm cynical enough to believe some asshole cop will give him an alibi, and the ranks will close.
You are right actually, I think he got to keep his job but now the state is being sued because he's getting away scott free and the county continues to half train their officers.
And people wonder why other people take the law into their own hands...

I've been assaulted in the street, and so have a number of my friends, and not one of them have reported it. When we all feel safer relying on ourselves instead of the law something is wrong.
Yes which is why a lot of people are for guns, but lets not start that argument now :/

Comando96

May 26, 2009
genericusername64 said:
But he was disobeying a direct order. In SCHOOL!!!!!! Does he have no manners?
Where I'm from that^^^ is a detention.

What happened where I come from was murder.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Eri said:
Ksat said:
that doesnt change the fact that the victim was underage, which removes justification.
WhiteHawk0117 said:
I don't suppose that any of y'all are criminal justice majors? Because a lot of the time the media does go overboard.
in the US its only justifiable homicide (ie you are within the law to kill the offender) if:
"homicide may be considered justified if it is done to prevent a very serious crime, such as rape, armed robbery, manslaughter or murder. The assailant's intent to commit a serious crime must be clear at the time."
therefore this is unjustifiable homicide, which is murder.

also, why does a school police officer have a gun?