Jack Black Cosplays Brutal Legend at MTV Awards

May 28, 2009
Warrior Irme said:
I like celebrities admitting they like things like gaming. Makes them seem a little less prick like and a little more likable. (No reference to this particular celebrity)
However I hate it when they do it to try and look popular with people who really do enjoy gaming. For example, when they name-drop without seeming to know anything else about it, or even worse, when they mention a particular aspect of the game which the game has never had.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
CaptainChaosify said:
Hearing this makes me want the game so much more.
You got to love Jack Black.
CD-R said:
Only 29 more days till Rocktober 13. And only 3 more days till the demo comes out. Fuck Yeah!!!!!!!!

ACTIVISION TRIED TO STOP THE METAL!!!!
BUT THEIR CEO!!!!!!!!!!
WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, is the demo for ps3 as well?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93970-Br-tal-Legend-Demo-Coming-in-September

Yes

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
The thing is, with this kind of promotion, I have a hard time seeing Brutal Legend selling poorly. I think that Brutal Legend is just the push Double Fine needs to really get going. I'm picturing at least decent sales for Brutal Legend.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
Jack Black has always been pretty laid back and open, hell he even uses public transport! Name me another celebrity that does that on a regular basis.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Blessed be the Blackiest of Jacks. As unfortunate as it is that not many of his movie roles are very notable, he still kicks ass, which is more than I can say for Tim Robbins, who was, if I'm not mistaken, his mentor(-ish type person) at some point.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
I like how Schafer has really been covering all of the bases as far as advertising goes. Making sure this doesn't turn into the marketing disaster that was Psychonauts.

Get that money Tim.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
dnaloiram said:
Y'know, that's why I like Jack Black.

Really looking forward to this game.
Me too. Not a massive fan of Jack Black, but I respect a guy who doesn't look down on games as just a quick buck for voice work.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
Ever since Psychonauts, I've been a Tim Schafer fan, so I really hope this game does well. I'll certainly look forward to more games by Double Fine if Brutal Legend is a success.

CantFaketheFunk said:
Though it is amusing to imagine Tim Schaefer strapping an electric collar to Jack Black's neck in order to shock him if he doesn't comply.
Hmmm... I would expect the shock collar treatment more from Peter Molyneux than Tim Schafer. At least Schafer can DELIVER on his promises of great games.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
KazNecro said:
Ever since Psychonauts, I've been a Tim Schafer fan, so I really hope this game does well. I'll certainly look forward to more games by Double Fine if Brutal Legend is a success.

CantFaketheFunk said:
Though it is amusing to imagine Tim Schaefer strapping an electric collar to Jack Black's neck in order to shock him if he doesn't comply.
Hmmm... I would expect the shock collar treatment more from Peter Molyneux than Tim Schafer. At least Schafer can DELIVER on his promises of great games.
Even though more people probably played Fable 2 than Psychonaughts.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
Kiutu said:
KazNecro said:
Well, that's what happens when most independent studios launch a game (their FIRST game, even) vs. a Microsoft owned studio like Lionhead. And just because a game has been played by more people doesn't quite mean that its better. It just means it used better advertising to hook us in. I probably only saw one ad for Psychonauts, compared to the massive ads for Fable. But I've heard more complaints and disappointed comments about Fable from friends and fellow gamers than I ever did with Psychonauts. To me, that signifies that we should be supporting more indie developers...

Er, I'm ranting over a friendly (I assume) comment. Definitely time to stop. JACK BLACK RULES!!!!

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
KazNecro said:
Kiutu said:
KazNecro said:
Well, that's what happens when most independent studios launch a game (their FIRST game, even) vs. a Microsoft owned studio like Lionhead. And just because a game has been played by more people doesn't quite mean that its better. It just means it used better advertising to hook us in. I probably only saw one ad for Psychonauts, compared to the massive ads for Fable. But I've heard more complaints and disappointed comments about Fable from friends and fellow gamers than I ever did with Psychonauts. To me, that signifies that we should be supporting more indie developers...

Er, I'm ranting over a friendly (I assume) comment. Definitely time to stop. JACK BLACK RULES!!!!
Im just pointing that out. I loved Psychonaughts.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Kiutu said:
KazNecro said:
KazNecro said:

Well, this, and the fact that Pyschonaut's publisher screwed up massively.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
KillerMidget said:
Warrior Irme said:
I like celebrities admitting they like things like gaming. Makes them seem a little less prick like and a little more likable. (No reference to this particular celebrity)
However I hate it when they do it to try and look popular with people who really do enjoy gaming. For example, when they name-drop without seeming to know anything else about it, or even worse, when they mention a particular aspect of the game which the game has never had.
Valid point my good sir.