Jaffe Says Twisted Metal Reveal Was "A Joke"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jaffe Says Twisted Metal Reveal Was "A Joke"

The Twisted Metal [http://twistedmetal.us.playstation.com/] back-and-forth continues as series creator David Jaffe has once again denied the game's existence, saying Michael Pachter's accidental announcement of the game was "a joke."

Over the weekend, analyst Michael Pachter appeared to either drop the ball or intentionally stick it to Twisted Metal and Move [http://www.godofwar.com/Index/] first-party content like David Jaffe's Twisted Metal 2 Game," Pachter said.

"Whatever it's going to be called," he added. "Sorry Jaffe. Jaffe called me his ***** the last time I saw him, so ***** that, Jaffe."

But Jaffe denied, not for the first time, the existence of the game on his Twitter blog. "Amused & surprised people not seeing Pachter's comment as the joke it was," he wrote [http://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/15015087599]. "Hell I don't care. Come E3 I'll be sitting right here at my Mac."

Jaffe had already shot down rumors of a new Twisted Metal game Electronic Entertainment Expo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100889-David-Jaffe-Not-Working-on-PS3-Twisted-Metal], AKA E3, begins on June 15.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/30/jaffe-pachter-was-joking-about-twisted-metal-reboot/]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Thank you for ruining my Blimp Ride Mr Jaffe. I can see the lovely countryside but what does it matter now that my hopes for a Next Gen Twisted Metal is ruined...

Calumon: Maybe he's just killing our hopes down until he makes a super amazing reveal at E3! ^^

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Oh dear, the suspense is killing!

I wish people would stop listening to Pachter and I also wish people would stop pestering developers so much. Revealing secrets never helped anyone, all it does is make people less trustworthy and the industry more hostile to outsiders.

Personally I'd like to see a new IP, but that's mostly because I've never played Twisted Metal. Whatever Jaffe does, I have faith he'll do it well.

Oh yeah, I remember Jaffe talking about not making Sony E3 conference because they didn't want him to, so I highly, HIGHLY doubt they'd delay him another time. Jaffe isn't exactly a small fish in development and Sony could certainly use another awesome reveal of whateverthehell he's working on. So much for sitting in front of your mac.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Thank you for ruining my Blimp Ride Mr Jaffe. I can see the countryside no lovely but what does it matter now that my hopes for a Next Gen Twisted Metal is ruined.

Calumon: Maybe he's just killing our hopes down until he makes a super amazing reveal at E3! ^^
He's making sure that Pachter isn't right about something.

He's doing the world a service.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, isnt this fun...how com no one can ever give straight answers...well, just going to have to wait till E3

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Damn people teasing Twisted Metal all the time.

I WANT MY SWEET TOOTH ICE-CREAM TRUCK!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I also would love another Twisted Metal game, preferably based off of Twisted Metal 2.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
No! Damn you, Jaffe! Why must you crush my hopes and dreams like so many crushed crackers in chili!
Jack and Calumon said:
Thank you for ruining my Blimp Ride Mr Jaffe. I can see the lovely countryside but what does it matter now that my hopes for a Next Gen Twisted Metal is ruined...

Oh god I hope so...

[small]Darius!!! Darius!!![/small]

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Pachter.... Seriously. Can the Escapist find someone less trivial to use as an industry analyst?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Bretty said:
Pachter.... Seriously. Can the Escapist find someone less trivial to use as an industry analyst?
No, because industry analysts are ALL trivial. Besides, Pachter has a show on GT now.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
We can only hope that's the case calumon.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:

You've gotten my hopes up Calumon...if he doesn't make the new Twisted Metal reveal at E3 I'll explode into a flame ball of doom. I love Twisted Metal. I need a Next-Gen Twisted Metal. I stuck through the series from its start (well...I didn't buy Twisted Metal 3 but really who did). I even loved Twisted Metal 4 (if only for the car creation thing).

I honestly, desperately hope that a Next-Gen one will be announced (I don't mind if its a continuation of Black or of the previous series). It would be epic. And also if you take anything from the two not as good Twisted Metals (3 and 4)...bring back a Make Your Own Car option. Even if its only for Co-Op Multiplayer campaigns. Please.

And if it is a joke...well this guy is MEAN. It is a very cruel joke.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Hmmmm... No. I believe in Twisted Metal. I think Jaffe is screwing with us. I hope I'm not wrong...