Japan Gets Final Fantasy XIII Tomorrow

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Games I've waited or more than a year: Diablo 3, FF13, Halo Reach (just wanted a game after 3 and still play as a spartan), and a couple others but those are the big ones. At least 2 of those will come out this year *cough* Diablo 3.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
OmegaXIII said:
Shocking that, what with it being a Japanese game n'all :p

Sarcasm aside though i agree with Furburt, the exposure before our release date will be interesting
Australia had to wait about 6 months after the US got XII. During that time I feverishly read any review I could get my hands on, just to feel a little of the experience (yeah, lame, I know). I won't be doing that this time, but I am curious to see if this one's as epic as the promotions will have us believe.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
lenneth said:
Ziadaine said:
spikeyjoey said:
how could it possibly take 9 months to convert over?

does voice acting really take that long?
Look at FF XII's English voice acting, do we really want that again?
Yes, Balthier's voice was awesome
Indeed :D He was also Kaim in Lost Odyssey.

Edit: Whoa, oops. I'm thinking of Basch. But Balthier wasn't so bad.

Editos

Sep 14, 2009
Wow I didnt think it was out so soon.

Good job i'll have Mass Effect 2 to tide me over until its released.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Gasp? Japan is its origin.
Anyway, I gave up on FF when I found out that Vaan was supposed to be the protaginist to 12, and not someone slightly badass, like Basch or Balthier.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Kiutu said:
I thought it came out last year.
And sheesh, "most antipated game of the decade". Yeah, sure. Maybe, maybe not. MW2 in its own commercial declared that. How do people even know? Its such a cocky and rather douchy thing to say.
Final fantasy is one of the few series that consistently puts out amazing games with even more amazing stories. Plus, if the trailers are anything to go by, this game will be the most amazing yet (in terms of graphics) on the next gen systems. At this point, FF has earned the right to call itself amazing. There is always the chance they could screw this up, as with all things, but they have had alot of practice ya know.

GodAnnihilation

Oct 17, 2009
Chancie said:
I wonder how many spoilers I'll accidentally come across before March. Dx
Im gonna hide under a rock till this game arrives. I've been waiting too long on this game too be finding out spoilers before i even get to hold the box, never mind play it

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Gasp? Japan is its origin.
Anyway, I gave up on FF when I found out that Vaan was supposed to be the protaginist to 12, and not someone slightly badass, like Basch or Balthier.
killed me inside too, because balthier is the only character I would be openly gay for if he was real......ahem* i mean........But i have hope, Nocta looks badass, and lightning looks....redheaded, and i love red headsXD

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Fuck, it would have been an awesome Christmas full of getting stoned and drunk and farming for FFXIII's equivalent of the Sunflower. Oh well.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, time to see early reviews from people who import games. And the japanese themselves.