Japanese City Blatantly Rips Off Pikachu For Mascot

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
In my oppinion the original sketch is fairly cutesy and sort of original. Its the costume thats the big problem.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
vansau said:
Why didn't they just cut out the crap and said "hey, Nintendo, is their any plant type pokemon we can use to promote our recyling program? It would save us a lot of trouble, get more people willing, and give YOU a better corperate image!"

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
looks like what happens if you cross a leafeon with pikachu
just change the face the body isnt really pikachu like just the head

Not G. Ivingname said:
Why didn't they just cut out the crap and said "hey, Nintendo, is their any plant type pokemon we can use to promote our recyling program? It would save us a lot of trouble, get more people willing, and give YOU a better corperate image!"
or they could use trubbish the trash bag pokemon

Trubbish (for the non-pokemon trainers/those who dont play 5th gen)

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Honestly, if you only go by the design drawing, they aren't that similar at all. The consume production however... fell apart big time.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I think its actually quite a bit more pathetic that people actually complained about it and said tehy didnt like the pikachu rip off. you'd think only Nintendo and Gamefreak would have to send a letter eah saying they know whats happening and are giving you a day to fix it.

awdrifter

Apr 1, 2011
This thing looks like Kyuube and Pikachu had a child.

+[/img]http://realitymarbles.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pikachu1.png[/img]

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
"The city has received 96 comments from citizens. 82 of the comments could be categorized as complaints about how Ecoha looks too much like Pikachu."
I can't believe that no one mentioned or noticed that there were 14 complaints unrelated to the likeness. What else was there to complain about?

"I was upset that the character was not more similar to Pikachu."

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
Nah that looks nothing like pikachu, i mean pikachus green and thin not yellow and large. wait....

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Looks like a Pikachu got with a Leafeon (Which I am pretty sure those to are in the same egg group... God I am such a poke-nerd) and made a leafy Pichu hybrid.
Stalydan said:
werewolfsfury said:
TeeBs said:
In all fairness Pokemon is really underground in Japan.
I... I'm pretty sure that that is a completely incorrect statement.
I was just trying to find a picture of the Pokemon Centres they have in Tokyo because I was like "I'm pretty sure that Pokemon is massively popular over there". So yeah... incorrect statement is VERY incorrect.
I am pretty sure TeeBs was being... Oh what is that word? Oh yeah! SARCASTIC! Do you SERIOUSLY believe someone on this site would think Pokemon was unknown in Japan of all places?

The Keeper

Feb 19, 2009
Since when is Pickachu a grass type?

Also, I love the new character design they chose. "Well our Pickachu ripoff is a failure. What do we do now?"
"I know!"
*Takes a rock and sticks a beret and giant nose on it*
"PERFECT!"

Except now all I can think of is Nosepass. Hmmm....

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
GamemasterAnthony said:
To be honest...I thought Pikachu already WAS Japan's mascot!

Boy...and I thought that purple Sonic recolor as a future Olympic mascot was odd.
what is this about Sonic? I want to see...

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
orangeapples said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
To be honest...I thought Pikachu already WAS Japan's mascot!

Boy...and I thought that purple Sonic recolor as a future Olympic mascot was odd.
what is this about Sonic? I want to see...
First off...I screwed up. It was a GREEN recolor, not purple. Second...

Crap...I don't know where to find it now.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I think that, while the costume is the same, the drawn design looks quite a lot different. The only thing similar on the drawn design is the rosey cheeks and eyes, and neither of those are all that unique to start with.

But yea, the costume is a cheap knock-off.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Leaf ears? Guess this is a grass/electric type pikachu, like if a pikachu got with a bulbasaur. Also my mind's eye made sure to ruin both those characters for me.
*Insert vine whip bondage joke here*

Yes, you're welcome for raping your childhood.