Japanese Engineers Build Bottle Rocket Firing Exoskeleton

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Really , really cool.
The movements were awesome and fluid, though it did have some problems picking up a can of coke.
But still, I'd love to try it out. And if they could put some covering stuff on it, too...holy shit, it would be even more awesome.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
I think the most important question raised by this video is this: where the hell did they get that 1litre can of coca cola?!

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
This this is the precursor to the Shirow Masamune's Landmates or the Arm suits from Ghost in the Shell?

Well, I guess you have to start somewhere...

Actually, this is totally sweet.

Aug 25, 2009
YOu can just see him giggling maniacally as he runs down a street in broad daylight firing rockets at terrified Japanese pedestrians.

I know it isn't powered yet, but this is clearly the beginning. I don't think it'd be too hard to fit a motor in there, add some pistons to the joints and armour plating and suddenly you've got a fully functioning battle mech.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
It only needs 2 things to be complete, "armour" (plastic, aluminum, whatever, just for looks not functionality) and then a curved display linking to a head so the 'driver' can see where he is going in the suit.

But it's so damn awesome even without those things!

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Is it just me, or does the rig look like a Version 1 mock up of a Portal 2 robot cosplay suit?

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I would totally give this thing a try, lol! Too bad there isn't one being made in Canada o~O.

Jun 11, 2008
All they need to do now is fix up the design and make it a bit better. Like changing the arms. They need to be dropped down a bit lower and made a bit longer maybe. Other than that it looks quite good.

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
Practical? Not really as it is.
Awesome? Hell yes!

I for one support our new power armored overlords. Now where do I sign up to pilot one?

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Bottle rocket in the wrist was absolutely epic.
Thank you Japan, for providing everyone with the best and worst that humanity has to offer.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Rayne870 said:
Daemascus said:
Power armor, o so close to being reality.
Actually there already is a powered exo suit, I can't remember who made it anymore but yeah we are getting very close :)
the company that made it is called "Cyberdyne", and the suit itself is called "Hal"

seriously

i´m not joking look it up!!!

the owner called it like that because of the obvious implications

and well, there is one in dev within the US, but thats for military use... like everything they develop, it looks like its about 5 to 10 years behind the one from Cyberdyne (something like that), but it still is cool.