Japanese Man Marries Videogame Girlfriend

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
So basically japan has the entire hierarchy of 'sad and weird' marriages covered now;
3. real dolls
2. pillows with anime girls printed on them
1. video game characters

I guess that's... something to be proud of? lol I'm trying to think of what could possibly be sadder than being attracted to a collection of digital data, maybe a non existent character that exists only in ones mind?

neosman8

Nov 9, 2009
i loled when i read that its just weird why would you wanna do something crazy and insane like that hope this dooesnt become the next step into the gaming world.

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
Only in Japan.

I don't know what's worst, him marrying his DS or them clapping the prenuptials. They should be admitting him instead :S

This is full of

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Its funny how there are countries that allow this and yet two people of the same sex can't get married in the US. Makes you wonder who is progressive and who is backwards.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
....anyone ever read the manga caleed "The world God only knows?" I have and honestly this just didn't even suprise me after that. Now I feel like less of a gamer.
XD I can only imagine what'll happen if Sal9000 ds data gets deleted or overwritten. What would the funeral be like?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Best thing is, if he breaks her he can just buy a new one.

Hang on, you can do that in real life too...

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
http://www.gaglio.co.uk/Theme-Pages/cybercouple/wife.htm
On the plus side, at least this means he'll be less inclined to procreate.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I still can't get over goddamn wierd that is.

I don't even have to brainpower to make snide remarks I'm just dumbfounded by it.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
I think I understand why Japan was isolated for so long: Whatever force created everything wanted to put the surplus of wierd stuff away from the rest of us. So they put the one culture that would spawn the most of it on a small set of Island in an ocean. Of course they hadn't counted on the boat, had they?

FailingwithStyle

Jun 18, 2009
If this can happen, then why do people still make a fuss about gay marriage?

Anyways, good luck with the marriage, hope it works... out? >.>

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
I'm done with all this ''japan is crazy'' news. I get it. Japan is crazy. You can't suprise me anymore!

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
This man can marry a video game and I can't marry a young child from Vietnam who'll do anything I say? Where is the justice.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
This will be good if some how his DS crawls into a weather balloon and gets floated away, but then you find out the DS wife was really in the garage attic hiding because her husband yelled at her....

And she was caught sleeping with Solid Snake.