Japanese Man Marries Videogame Girlfriend

RoseBridge

Oct 27, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Yeah, Japan is full of crazy people. It doesn't even surprise me anymore.
Too right mate, I only wonder if he had to fill any paperwork out and is jealous of anybody else that has the game and picked the same character.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
This was real...

I... I...

Am lost for words.

Actually, scratch that - what will their children be like?
I'm guessing he'll never have any. Thank God.

nokelso

May 24, 2009
You all are just jealous that he was able to touch all of her ones and zeros.

But, in all seriousness, wow, that his a new low, Japan.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Psychophante said:
Archemetis said:
Psychophante said:
The walls have truly been broken down.
Hmmm, progress....
How long before someone tries to marry Lara Croft?
I could imagine that in a world where people can marry videogame characters you'd actually have to go to dinner at their respective development studios to have dinner with the "parents" and ask for their 1's and 0's in marriage...

Such an odd world we're becoming.
Amen.
There's a sitcom in there somewhere.
A very bad one...
most sitcoms are bad anyway...

I'll ge to work on writing it :p

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
objectophilia... it's wierd. But whaterver rocks your boat, I guess.
I believe there was a sweedish chick who married the Berlin Wall in secret, I saw a part of the interview.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Japan has once again demonstrated us that there exists such a thing as too much imagination.

But frankly, if you can recall the time a Japanese man married a fictional character from manga, this is actually a step forward. The men went from girls on paper and/or tv screen to girls in a game, ones you can actually interact with. Who knows, they might one day be ready for the real thing!

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
...What does this guy even get out of the marriage? Where's the bond, the emotion, the sharing and caring?

DOES NOT FUCKIN' COMPUTE.

Honestly, why? Why why, why why why? I just can't understand the logic behind it. I understand people do stupid things when in love...but he's not.

Is he?

I think this news broke the part of my brain that thought it made sense of the world.

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
So she's in a new Nintendo DSi LL/XL already? They weren't even married and she was already putting on weight. Just wait until they have kids.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Argh! I already expended my joke about marrying Noa from HomeMate on the forum thread for this before it was actual news...

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
dalek sec said:
Doug said:
Is "elevated" really the right word for this? Ok, one day, when we have sentient software, MAYBE then this'll be ok, but this in the here and now? It makes me ashamed to be a gamer if this is what people are going to think of us.
Same here, plus people already think of us as violence junkies before this guy came along.
I think a lot of gamers would prefer to be thought of as violence junkies before this.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
...but if this is real Sal9000 has likely ended his chances of ever getting a real girlfriend.
I dunno...now that he is "off the market", his charm just went up 2+!!

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
For the first time in my life, I'M PRAYING.............that this is the work of those madmen behind the Dante's Inferno advertising campaign...............