Japanese Slim PS3 Commercials Are Really Weird

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Ah yes, Sony you continue your amazing trend of advertising a product without actually explaining a damn thing about it. Not that you needed to for this one but seriously, I didn't think you could out-crazy the psychotic "doll in a white room" ads.

Hell half of these people look like they're in full-on Dr. Rockso [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqUXGWOpAk] mode

Destal

Jul 8, 2009
Between this and that boob advertisement, I'm getting a little disturbed by the marketing technique's coming out of Japan. Combine this with the Gundam guy and the guy who killed his mom over the remote...the creepiness factor is certainly rising.

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
Why must every thing sony do be nit-picked. It wasn't that good an advert but there was nothing that creepy about it.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Arrers said:
Name one sony console ad that wasn't bizzare (bet you can't).
The commercials where Crash Bandicoot was storming the Nintendo HQ with a megaphone.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
FloodOne said:
Arrers said:
Name one sony console ad that wasn't bizzare (bet you can't).
The commercials where Crash Bandicoot was storming the Nintendo HQ with a megaphone.
Also the ads for Crash Team Racing. In fact, all the ads that had Crash in them were remarkably sane by comparison

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Onmi said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Onmi said:
Pendragon9 said:
They know how to market to the japanese. That's for sure.
not sure about consoles but with games THIS is how you market to the japanese.

also Funk
keeps getting improved.
i.....saw...the....SHINEING FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is this the newest Super Robot Taisen?
I MUST HAVE IT!!!!
(G gundam 4 evah)
Neo is coming out for the Wii in japan
http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_neo/about/index.html

Looks like they are using a Sakura Wars style map.
aw man both of those games have some of the best story and art work.
i hope they bring it our way.
ever sence i say the ones that started comeing out on the gba i have been a huge fan.
just dont ask me about characters and mech model's.
i dont pay attention to the details well enough. XD

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Onmi said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Onmi said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Onmi said:
Pendragon9 said:
They know how to market to the japanese. That's for sure.
not sure about consoles but with games THIS is how you market to the japanese.

also Funk
keeps getting improved.
i.....saw...the....SHINEING FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is this the newest Super Robot Taisen?
I MUST HAVE IT!!!!
(G gundam 4 evah)
Neo is coming out for the Wii in japan
http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_neo/about/index.html

Looks like they are using a Sakura Wars style map.
aw man both of those games have some of the best story and art work.
i hope they bring it our way.
ever sence i say the ones that started comeing out on the gba i have been a huge fan.
just dont ask me about characters and mech model's.
i dont pay attention to the details well enough. XD
Hahahahahahaha, the licensing issues behind SRW means we will never see a game in english, unless some guys happen to code there own engine and make there own but what are the chances of that.
sigh.
thats to bad,i dont recgonize most of the series in here aside from the burning gundam from g gundam, but just the art style of them brings me back to the good old macross.
btw if you love robot anime check out vandred. one of the best newer ones i have seen.
back to topic: sence i wont play get to play it in english, i hereby make it a goal of mine to learn japanese just for this game.
SHINEING FINGER!!!!!!! GOOOOOO!!!
sigh good times, good times.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Because there are no crazy and weird commercials in the western world, you just notice this one more because it's foreign.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Onmi said:
Ya sure?

I mean in comparison I guess.
Actually I think that was the most crazy of the CTR commercials, which was still fairly straightforward (the others were just him trash-talking elderly people next to him in traffic). Hell out-of-control driving was how the Game Boy Color was advertised at one point.

Still, there was gameplay footage involved, which was sort of my point but not really.

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
Aphex Twin vid. I liked it.
Didn't they make Rubber Johnny?
what else did they make?
PM me if you want.
And I like the commercial.
It's just...absurd.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
My PS3 Commercial:

"Hello I'm Douk. And this is a PS3. Its got a lot of cool games where you do things. Some games for the Ps3 only because its such a greedy magnificent bastard are ___, ___, and ___! Only $399.00(or something) so buy one today!"

I bet I'd get tons of sales like that, then I'd deliver the same speech with different stats for Nintendo then Microsoft. I'll make millions!