Japanese Survey Lists Top Reasons Why 3DS Isn't Selling

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
I don't have one because I don't have the money for one, I'm waiting for the newer one to come out (because we all know it will), and the games I'm interested in aren't out on it yet...and probably won't be for a while. I can wait until my target two or three games come out, and that'll be a while yet.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
imnotparanoid said:
it dispensed free blowjobs and pudding.
And my little pony toys.
Oh god that would be great and id buy it then lol

OT:
1. They will release many versions of it so why not wait til then when it will have better everything.

2. Why get somthing when theres nothing to play on I dont give a flying fuck for remakes since I still have working copys of each one that I still play *hugs N64*

3. 3D is a gimick that I cant even use since I cant see 3D

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
My main reason for not getting one is simply because the 3D doesn't work with my glasses. It gives me a headache, and I can't see it being played for too long... which is good, because extended play would kill the battery. :p

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I was waiting for the first party titles to come out this summer, until then there's nothing worth buying the 3DS for. I was extremely impressed with it when I tried it out at a friend's place. My favorite was the cards you set on surfaces that have games in them. I freaked when I was able to actually move around the table and get better vantages on the field of play as if I was actually looking at it.

I think it has alot of potential to be a damn good handheld console, the question is if devs will use that potential to it's fullest or just shove mounds of third party shovelware at it that are total crap. What I really want to see is virtualized versions of trading card games where you can set the cards on the table and the system recognize them and do like what they have with the character model cards that come with the system. Probably won't see that though since it seems kind of obtuse when one would apply it to reality but a man can dream.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Several reasons:

#1 - Don't have spare cash and would rather spend it on PC games or save up for next Nintendo Console since the new Smash Bros. would be released on that.

#2 - It's a remake machine and that's about it. I have yet to see one original title or new title on the handheld yet. And I'm completely disappointed with the Ocarina remake. It isn't the best Zelda game, and even if it was, it's not worth me shoveling out another $40 just to relive the experience again when it is already on the N64, Gamecube, AND Wii's shop channel. I'd be more interested in a game that hasn't already been remade a billion times, like Final Fantasy VII... and I hate Final Fantasy.

#3 - 3D is a gimmick and nothing more. If I buy the system, I'm folding on this belief. I'm pretty much saying that I give in to the 3D craze that has hit hollywood, Nintendo, and Sony (tvs) by storm. But I refuse. I'm not paying extra money for movies or games simply because the quality is supposedly slightly better.

#4 - Why haven't we released a new StarFox, F-Zero, or Fire Emblem game yet? You're back to remaking Zelda. Pokemon has already mentioned they're in the works for a 3DS title. Mario will no doubt rerelease Mario Sunshine for the 3DS. But why haven't we even seen anything for a NEW one of these guys? I know they are not your big sellers, but they're better than Mario or Zelda anyway. Also, when is Mother 3 going to be released outside of Japan?

that's about it because my food is getting cold and I'm tired of ranting.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
I still have Vanilla DS games to play, why in the world would I buy a whole new console with no games I want to play on it yet. Maybe when I'm done with Pokemon White and Radiant Historia I'll consider getting it for Kid Icarus and that Zelda game, but for now the 3DS seems like a whole lot of money for a feature that I don't even like.

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
I haven't bought a 3DS because I still have a normal DS that plays the games I want to play. When the 3DS puts out titles I want to play, I'll consider picking it up. At the moment, the 3D hardware isn't enough to win me over (my husband can't even use it due to his eye alignments), and I'm not interested in any of the released or scheduled titles. It will definitely come down to the games over the hardware.

Alluminn

May 7, 2008
Namely, that price tag and the nogaems

I might consider it when it's dropped about $50 and Ocarina, the Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover, and Dream Drop Distance are out

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Why haven't you bought a 3DS yet?
1 - It's expensive.
2 - Nintendo products bore me.
3 - 3D is more of a gimmick than a fancy new feature.
4 - Nintendo games bore me quicker than sports games.
5 - I don't like handhelds, unless they're variants of the Gameboy Advance or PSP.
6 - Nintendo's Terms of Service preventing me from having fun unless it's approved by them.

and what would it take to get you to purchase?
1 - Nintendo changing its Terms of Service.
2 - More and (hopefully) better games that pique my interest.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
The reasons i don't own a 3ds are pretty much the same.

1. price
2. not much of an upgrade
3. CRAPPY 3D. (brother has one)
4. No games worth playing.

I suppose eye strain and crappy 3d are somewhat related in my case, but yeah, this thing was, IMO, a pile of junk. I can't belive it even had a good week. Nintendo has some pretty decitiated fanboys that's for sure. My brother being one of them, but in his defence, he really REALLY enjoys that dynasty/samuri warrors game that launched with it, so, at least he's got something he plays ALOT. Or at least did for a long while. without 3d turned on... cause it's crap. LOL.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
1- Waiting for inevitable major hardware revision
2- No games

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Haven't bought one. I don't use my DS anymore, & don't feel the need to upgrade (at full cost) for the sake of having a slightly newer dust collector.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
How about over-priced, no good games, no concrete plans for good games that aren't from the 90s in the next year, a $40 price point on games like Pilot Wings which would cost $.99 on the iPhone, a "mobile" gaming console that requires you to stand like a statue and hold it at the precise working distance away from your face, eye strain, Nintendo's lack of a reasonable online multiplayer network, and oh yeah, did I mention NO GAMES? The top rated game is only an 8.5 average and a PORT of one of the most successful series of all time. I loved the DS...but the 3DS is best enjoyed at the demo station for 5-8 minutes at Best Buy.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
How about over-priced, no good games, no concrete plans for good games that aren't from the 90s in the next year, a $40 price point on games like Pilot Wings which would cost $.99 on the iPhone, a "mobile" gaming console that requires you to stand like a statue and hold it at the precise working distance away from your face, eye strain, Nintendo's lack of a reasonable online multiplayer network, and oh yeah, did I mention NO GAMES? The top rated game is only an 8.5 average and a PORT of one of the most successful series of all time. I loved the DS...but the 3DS is best enjoyed at the demo station for 5-8 minutes at Best Buy.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
The number 1 reason I havent bought a 3DS is because I have no money. I really need to buy a new video card for my PC. Plus I need color ink for my printer. Then theres gas money for my car. Plus I really wanna pick up a copy of Dynasty Warriors 7. If Nintendo gives me money, then I shall buy a 3DS.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
It probably has something to do with the fact there really isn't really that great a line up of games worth buying the 3DS for.

Also, I refuse to buy one until the inevitable 'lite' version that has better screen resolution and longer battery life.
Oh My God!!!

A shitty line up being the reason for shitty sales!? Who would of thought? (excited sarcasm)

OT: I totally agree, they should of waited for a better line up instead of jumping the gun.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
#5 and #6 (which are pretty much the same thing) are the biggest detractors for me. Not really planning on getting it either way, but having some really solid launch titles is a huge deal.

Radioactive Kitten

Nov 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
It probably has something to do with the fact there really isn't really that great a line up of games worth buying the 3DS for.

Also, I refuse to buy one until the inevitable 'lite' version that has better screen resolution and longer battery life.
This. If there's anything I've learned from the past few generations of handhelds, it's that early adoption is usually a big mistake and the smartest move is to wait for the inevitable improved version to be released. By then, there should also be some good games available that make it a worthy purchase.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
You know... if they released 3D bejewled, I'm pretty sure it would sell embarrassingly well.

Hell, even mahjong 3d would sell some copies.

...... it's not about quality, it's about addiction.