Japanese Town Menaced by Giant Marble Phallus

peruvianskys

Jun 8, 2011
"The statues are, of course, beautiful rather than obscene, but it seems the toddlers and their parents are unable to tell the deferens."

Boooo

Anyway Japan's relationship with dicks is weird and I honestly just don't get it.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
I don't know what to do with the news in this article, but reading it is a delight. Very well played Escapist.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Skeleon said:
So... many... puns... urgh!
And...so...many...more...in the comments...

This issue has grown for no reason. I had no idea doing this sort of thing was so hard in Japan. The reasoning behind that course of action is quite thick and at best a long shot. I think they ought to grow some balls and just show the male body as it is. There's always going to be someone who gets a throbbing headache from this sort of stuff and ends up bursting veins because they have nothing better to do. If they can't get it (the statue) up, I think they should file a formal complaint of some sort. But if the censorship law gets thrust into this, it could becum a hairy situation.

I'm a totally mature person!

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
This has got to be the most unironically amusing news title in the history of the universe... "Japanese Town Menaced by Giant Marble Phallus."

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
They seriously need to put the underpants Arthur wears in Ghosts and Goblins on this statue pronto then it can be art and funny at the same time.

Or turn the statue into a fountain with him piddling into a pond.

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
Erected... cock-up... came to a head... I see what you did there, Mr. Carter, good job

EDIT: Just googled the word "deferens" OH GOD WHY

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Deferens.

I see what you did there Grey.

Some people will correct you, like the guy above, but I see what you did.

I see it.
I saw it too. He made a pun. I was not impressed.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
Such dick joke mastery. It is magnificent. The whole thing reads like the best The Onion has to offer.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Binnsyboy said:
CriticalMiss said:
Binnsyboy said:
Senare said:
Penis or not, a 16-foot statue could be pretty intimidating to a child.
But this is a country with a giant robot statue. What's scarier for a kid, the clearly marble guy, or the possibly real giant robot? :p
Japanese kids love massive robots. Provided they don't have some kind of techno-dong.
Firing main 'cannon'.
Beat me to it!