Jazz music!

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
I've been on the look for some good jazz recently, and thought I'd ask the 'scapist for advice. So, show me your favourite jazz music! Be it slow, upbeat, from whatever subgenre, I want your jazz music!

Well, I'm more into Swing and Big Band, so anything of that sort you've got, throw it at me. I'm open to other subgenres too, however.

I'll start with a few faves of mine:

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well...
Here's some stuff i found, just on the fly.
Isn't it just... fantastic?

Alfonso, get us a scotch, would you?
*claps hands*

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
I'm lovin' all the responses so far, thanks! Anyone got any more jazz they'd like to share?

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008

If you dig this, check out more of his stuff - Sonny Rollins is possibly my favorite jazz saxophonist.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Might I suggest some Scandinavian nu-jazz? Not exactly your standard fare, but surprisingly good in my humble opinion. Think: a lot more catchy, more orchestral, and liberal use of electronic elements. Though I'm sure especially the latter is considered heresy to some (if not many), it has my wholehearted recommendation.

Two names spring to mind in particular:

I really hope you like it. :)

Toga112

May 28, 2008
Django Reinhart is my suggestion. Although I say the best way to discover Jazz is to find your nearest Jazz Club (seriously, every city has one, you just have to look!), kick back and get lost in the rhythm.