Jeff Bezos launches into space today!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
All the while Amazon employees have to piss on bottles, and literally fall down dead on the job and aren't found for hours.
But at least little Jeffy got to go up on a shuttle ride and prove that rich people simply better than us peasants.
No worries, I'm sure knowing Bezos is very grateful that they helped pay for his little suborbital saunter will do wonders for employee morale.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
No worries, I'm sure knowing Bezos is very grateful that they helped pay for his little suborbital saunter will do wonders for employee morale.
Smaller business owners often say similar things every year-- implicitly conceding virtually the entire Marxist critique-- when tipsy at the Christmas, Holiday, or New Year party (if they bother with such things).

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Might’ve already been mentioned, but didn’t the Virgin Mobile guy beat him to it?
I honestly didn't think so because I don't think either actually went into space. They went to the edge of the mesosphere, about 50 miles up, not to the edge of space in the thermosphere about 200 miles up. They mostly just spend millions on a really high flying plane, not a space ship, and they're not astronauts, they're really high flying plane riders.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I honestly didn't think so because I don't think either actually went into space. They went to the edge of the mesosphere, about 50 miles up, not to the edge of space in the thermosphere about 200 miles up. They mostly just spend millions on a really high flying plane, not a space ship, and they're not astronauts, they're really high flying plane riders.
No amount of money is worth it until you could at least see the entirety of earth. Sounds like they weren’t even close to that level.

Didn’t some dude from Redbull do a suborbital skydive years ago anyways? That’s way more impressive.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
No amount of money is worth it until you could at least see the entirety of earth. Sounds like they weren’t even close to that level.

Didn’t some dude from Redbull do a suborbital skydive years ago anyways? That’s way more impressive.
If I recall that guy was at like 25-30 miles up, so to be fair the billionaires did go higher, but like in cock planes with teams of engineers. They went on sky safari, and that redbull guy hold a record for highest skydive, so I can agree that's a cooler bragging right.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I've been avoiding this thread because I don't really care about billionaires being assholes, but I ran across this

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I've been avoiding this thread because I don't really care about billionaires being assholes, but I ran across this

I know they don't care but I found it amusing, that the FAA officially came out and all but said "Nah, you guys are joyriding in space".

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha! Oh that’s just fucking delicious. I love it.