Jewel Staite Offers Alternate Firefly Ending

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Hubilub said:
And this is why she shouldn't be hired as a screenwriter.
Are you kidding? This is why she should!
Like many others, I do wish this show got a better run. I gotta say I don't think her ending would have been in keeping with the shows atmosphere and whatnot. A hilarious vision, but best kept that way. Put Staite behind a new property or something and let her go nuts. Honestly, I'd watch it just to see how many guys she makes get pregnant...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
brunothepig said:
Hubilub said:
No, no she shouldn't. This is one of the worst endings I've ever heard of. It's shit. It's on the same level as poor fanfiction.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Unlike most of the series that were around recently, two things were actually important:
1. series itself didn't take itself too seriously, story was almost always tense and serious but in general the humor and atmosphere were light and fun
2. something actually happens in a freakin' episode, todays series are made either as by the book format (CSI, House etc.) or nothing happens in a single episode (Lost, Heroes etc.). In a Firefly episode there's a character development, overall arc progress (this was season 1, so it was hard to have an overly big one) and there was an actual story of the episode which expanded the universe

The movie, while interesting and showing what Firefly could be molded into with a higher budget, had a problem of trying to connect and sovle everything. Personally thought it had too many things going on and the pacing was off.

Maybe it's better it ended this way, I think series have a problem of turning into soaps after 4-5 seasons. Usually the peak is somewhere in the middle, but basically every character gets not only a backstory but whole backstory through the series itself and writers run out of ideas. Would be nice if Firefly had like 2 or 3 seasons and then a movie wrap up.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Fusionxl said:
I sadly haven't seen Firefly, but I loved Jewel State in Stargate Atlantis so I just found another reason to check it out. Not that I really needed one :p
Quoted for truth!

I love Jewel State!

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
And then in the next season, Kaylee's imaginary friend turns out to be not so imaginary when she and Susie, an alien humanoid with gills in her shoulders, switch places in their universes...

Wait, no, wrong Jewel Staite T.V. sci fi series...

Though, Kaylee with a rainbow wig seems appropriate.

ArtPhsyc

Sep 6, 2010
Time to go write my own fan-fic. Oh, and as for the comics...not terrible. I think Patton Oswalt's latest attempt at covering Wash's history was a bit rushed. It was a one-shot so not much chance at really expounding it, but having Alan Tudyk's performance in my head, I still got attached to the dialogue.

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
That's pretty hilarious, Staite is awesome. But I don't even want to know how Jayne got pregnant. You know, If he is, fine. But don't tell me how.

Also, Do you guys think that if Firefly hadn't been cancelled, it would've made less of an impact? I've always thought that the show was good, but its cancellation made it special, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Also, In case nobody hasn't already:
From some episode of Firefly:
River: Jayne is a girl's name.
Jayne: Well Jayne ain't a girl!

Oh Jayne, you would've been. You would've been.

roman gnome

Feb 1, 2009
gsf1200 said:
I liked Firefly and the movie was good. Another series I liked a lot was "Dead like Me." It was canceled, then they made a movie that was utter crap. So be happy that at least the movie was good!
Jewel Staite was in an episode of Dead Like Me. If you didn't recognize her (probably because you saw it before Firefly came out), the episode was called Rest in Peace, and that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
Icehearted said:
I stopped at Jayne is pregnant.... She's so adorable, and I cherish the series, but the thought of that man being with child... my face just hasn't stopped twitching yet...
Twitching? You didn't think she was being serious did you?
Hubilub said:
brunothepig said:
Hubilub said:
No, no she shouldn't. This is one of the worst endings I've ever heard of. It's shit. It's on the same level as poor fanfiction.
Don't tell me you thought she was being serious too?
I did not. I just didn't think it was the least bit funny, clever, or adorable.

Oh, and that other guy you quoted? He isn't serious either. He said that he's twitching from the thought of imagining Jayne pregnant, not because he thought this was serious. Don't tell me you thought he was serious?

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
Hubilub said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
Icehearted said:
I stopped at Jayne is pregnant.... She's so adorable, and I cherish the series, but the thought of that man being with child... my face just hasn't stopped twitching yet...
Twitching? You didn't think she was being serious did you?
Hubilub said:
brunothepig said:
Hubilub said:
Don't tell me you thought she was being serious too?
I did not. I just didn't think it was the least bit funny, clever, or adorable.

Oh, and that other guy you quoted? He isn't serious either. He said that he's twitching from the thought of imagining Jayne pregnant, not because he thought this was serious. Don't tell me you thought he was serious?
Well that's just it, this is text. it's rather difficult to tell whether one is serious or not. As for you, just because you evidently aren't a fan of the series doesn't give you the right to be snarky malarkey.
I'm a huge fan of the series. I have the Firefly boxset and Serenity on Blu-Ray. I just did not think this was funny.

gsf1200

Oct 22, 2008
I checked the episode of "Dead Like Me." Jewel looked absolutely awesome. It was a tiny part, though.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, the best part of Firefly was how well they conveyed the sense that the crew were a family.

duchaked said:
I need to finish watching this series!
How can you not have finished! It's only 1 season!

=\

I just made myself sad.