Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning

AoGenius

Sep 9, 2009
The actual affair happened quite some time ago (more than two weeks), it's old news. It's illegal and they have no right to do what they wanted to according to Israeli law, which is why they didn't do it, and why they're now claiming it didn't happen -- to save face and avoid legal action. In any case, there's no way to legally prove they actually did it, which is why legal action is complicated.

Normal people reacted much in the same way you are all reacting. These extremists are a minority, they have no right to tell the rest of us what to do, which is why I get a little miffed when people blame all Israelis, as a people, for their crap.

The point I was trying to (badly..) get across, was that whenever something stupid happens in Israel, everyone around the world shouts how bad we are. But a lot less attention is given to much much worse atrocities against PEOPLE happen in a much larger portion of the world.

And I'll say again, these posts don't belong in this forum, there's another thread for this.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
oy vey. well, the dog should be presented with a case to see how well he does. if he performs similarly i doubt theres anything people can do legally. also, why children? was one of the protestors outside yelling 'Think of the children!' and he did.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
The story is misleading. There is more information in the thread that was started yesterday on this topic.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.294603-Jewish-court-sentences-dog-to-death-by-stoning
That's the same post.. :p

And I call (semi) bullshit on this story, whether the verdict took place or not, this article provides us with WAY too little information..

Even religious extremists aren't this chaotic. If a dog walks in you don't immediately think of that one guy you sentenced 20 years ago, we're obviously missing lots of the story here..

Also, those wacky jews! (sorry :p)

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
I love that the Jewish texts say differently yet their believing this.
Its not that their text says nothing about reincarnation but that it says that it DOES NOT happen and that you either go to heaven or hell and that all go to "a place of waiting" for those who live before the coming of Christ which they believe hasn't happened yet.

This is why some scholars look at the traditional texts and see a religion twisted to the needs, wants and desires of those who practice it.

The problem with Word of god as written by man. Man tends to edit, omit and change things they don't agree with.

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
Where do the Jewish texts speak about reincarnation as punishment from god or as a system rebirth at all? Ravensheart18?

Point it out, Text, Chapter, Verse, Line and I will happily eat Yahtzee's hat sir.

One odes not have to believe to read or study Raven and the only places I've seen reincarnation taught is in Hinduism and Buddhism.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You know... its not the stoning that bugs me hte most (because that does bug me), but that they want children to do it. I mean, thats basically saying if you think a dog is someone you dont like, or someone has wronged you, you can stone it.

Whether or not this happened or not, just he principle is so... wrong.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Alon Shechter said:
Stupid Jews.

See, that's funny because i'm a Jew.

Stupid Rabbis...
At the end i miss-read, thought you said stupid Rabbits xD

OT: Poor dog =\ This is the reason i dislike religion at times =\

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
standokan said:
Did they have proof that the dog in fact was the lawyer, did he have like the same hat or something?
*place your hand here for an honorary internet high-five*

OT: but yeah. I mean, that's there religion, I'm not gonna badmouth a belief I personally know next to nothing about because I like doggies, but I do wonder what kinda sense that makes... I mean, in Judaeism, aren't pigs above dogs on the scale of animals you WOULDN'T want to be re-incarnated as? and how did they know that this SPECIFIC dog was THE lawyer dog? was it just more of a dick? did it open up a law office? (come to think of it, "Brown, Kowalski, and Dog: Attourneys At Law" sounds like a bitchin' sitcom). I'm just asking, because this legitimately fascinates me (I'm not trying to sound like a smartass here), how DO you tell that this particular dog has a lawyer trapped inside?

Off Topic: also, the FUCK is with these captchas? we have to watch a COMMERCIAL NOW? THE. FUCK. (and no, I will NOT play Xbox Live. as a matter of fact, just for this commercial (and the price, the red ring, the lack of exclusives, etc.) I can safely say that I am NEVER buying a 360)

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
AoGenius said:
Crazy people. They don't really hold any sway with the rest of us.

Also, while I'm not praising what the religious extremists are doing here, I think it's quite different, quite very very different, than what Islamic extremists do in the rest of the world.

Also, you're like, the third guy that posts something about this in the last day... wtf
Agreed. We just ignore them- they're a small minority and usually get ignored. These guys are obviously not exactly busy upstairs, and mainstream Judaism would ignore anyone who goes on about reincarnation.

OP, are you saying that America doesn't have its own nuts too? Doesn't every country have some? We're a country, and like all others we have some crazies.

Comparing these to the Islamist extremists who condone murder of civilians is rather silly, in my opinion.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ravensheart18 said:
arc1991 said:
OT: Poor dog =\ This is the reason i dislike religion at times =\
You know what I dislike? That no one actually reads more than the headline anymore.
Woops, missed the escaping bit, i read it, just not well =\

My bad!