Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning

AoGenius

Sep 9, 2009
Are we really arguing over religious text now? What does it matter? It's all man written and man edited, and whatever argument you give against it, someone is going to say you read it wrong...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Duruznik said:
AoGenius said:
Crazy people. They don't really hold any sway with the rest of us.

Also, while I'm not praising what the religious extremists are doing here, I think it's quite different, quite very very different, than what Islamic extremists do in the rest of the world.

Also, you're like, the third guy that posts something about this in the last day... wtf
Agreed. We just ignore them- they're a small minority and usually get ignored. These guys are obviously not exactly busy upstairs, and mainstream Judaism would ignore anyone who goes on about reincarnation.

Are you saying that America doesn't have its own nuts too? Doesn't every country have some?

Ooooooooh yes, America has them, a whole cult of them >.>

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
Fair enough.

I would love to get my hands on some original pre-Constantine writtings as that would be close to the original writings, more so than any king james or modern translated or "softened" print but I would still like some directions pointed.
As then I can mend my "limited experience" of world religions. Either way I'm going back to reread my copy of Tanakh when I get sick of that head back to what I was currently studying, Tao Te Ching or I could always keep chasing that ever argued about text of Arabic mysticism the necronomicon.
Yes its greatest claim to fame is through a fiction writer but an associate at the Uni was saying that a lot of H.P. Lovecraft's books pin exact sections of the supposed beliefs recorded in our own records that he would be surprised if H.P. didn't have some form of text.

Good night.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Lawyers, Rabbis, crazy religious convictions... Does anyone else see the potential for a good one-liner here?

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
it's bad enough, but when they're encouraging children to do the stoning, I seriously think the head should be removed for that blatant display of paranoia

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Well, if it was the reincarnation the dog deserves what came to him. I mean I wouldn't be surprised to be stoned if I insulted a Jewish court.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
henritje said:
I thought Jew,s didn't believe in reincarnation?
Same here. I had no idea *any* Jewish "school of thought" believed in reincarnation.

OT: Just...what in the heck?

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Quaxar said:
Well, if it was the reincarnation the dog deserves what came to him. I mean I wouldn't be surprised to be stoned if I insulted a Jewish court.
Stoning people is a more serious offense, and a Jewish court couldn't get away with it in Israel. Animal cruelty, maybe (The government is pretty biased, and turns a blind eye on small issues), but murder? Naw, they'd be sued by the state.

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
ravensheart18 said:
arc1991 said:
OT: Poor dog =\ This is the reason i dislike religion at times =\
You know what I dislike? That no one actually reads more than the headline anymore.
Its not going to help if you don't point people towards the right material and just belittle them online.
The only thing that will do is shut them up, not allow them to learn something and grow through it.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
its astounding how stupid some people are...

also, i think being a dog is at least one step up from being a lawyer.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
I find the worst part of this episode is that the court is forcing kids to kill the dog, slowly, with stones...I don't think it's ever OK to kill an animal for doing what it do, if it's that bad of a creature send it away or something, but damn man...making kids kill the beast is just awful, these guys are goin crazy enough to kill a possible reincarnation of a dog but can't do it themselves? wacky

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
Wait, it's a dog they thought was a lawyer. That is just like the old Disney movie The Shaggy D.A... except for the stoning to death part.

But seriously, the world needs to grow the fuck up.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
And shit like this is the reason why I oppose all religions. Even if 99.9% of all practitioners of a given religion are perfectly sane, well functioning members of society, the remaining 0.9% tend to be this sort of raving lunatic. Religion is used way too often as a justification for abhorrent and insane behavior, so why not outlaw it? You won't find atheists in this day and age who would order children to stone a dog for some reason that defies all common sense. Perhaps a padded cell is in order here?

In case this isn't true after all, I think Poe's law applies: The parody is now indistinguishable from the original, so the above still stands.

standokan said:
Did they have proof that the dog in fact was the lawyer, did he have like the same hat or something?
And also this. Or did the voices tell him it was the same guy?

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Well, when some crazy belief supports animal cruelty, that belief needs to be put down.

...Just like any other belief which support illegality or discrimination.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
The dog was sent there to troll those bastards judges and the dog's job was done perfectly.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Imperator_DK said:
Well, when some crazy belief supports animal cruelty, that belief needs to be put down.

...Just like any other belief which support illegality or discrimination.
The guy was a nut. He should be put down, not the belief he used as an excuse.

Why blame a religion for the actions of a lone idiot?