Jim Sterling leaves The Escapist

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Mr Cwtchy said:
Oh dear, my box of fucks appears to be empty. How dreadful.

In all honesty, I'm not at all sad he's leaving. Jim's facade of being pro-consumer shattered when the whole GG mess kicked off, and with it went his credibility, far as I'm concerned.
What? GamerGate doesn't support one of the most pro-consumer people in the industry? Or is yours just a radical opinion?
If your against GG, no matter how long you've been calling out industry bullshit, your corrupt and a hypcrite. End of story.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Jim clearly wanted to be free of all that politicking, and now he is.
I remember at the height of the hysteria that he took a break from engaging with twitter. It may have been a request specifically from the Escapist or, what I think is more likely, he sat back seeing hundreds of personal messages from both sides directed at him and simply came to the conclusion it wasn't important enough to consume his career.

I don't think GG was the root cause of the decision to go his own way but I certainly think the incoherent screaming at him for weeks might have pushed him to accelerate his plans. I think the ad-block episode (and that fallout) was the inciting incident.