Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Fitting End

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
A Fitting End

After more than a year of poetry, Jim and Yahtzee will be putting down the pens to work on another project together.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Well, Jim was right about one thing; it was a bit of a letdown. Was there some warning that the show was ending that I missed, or was this all that was planned to let viewers know? Did someone actually tell Yahtzee that the show was ending? His poem could have been about that, or it might have just been his regular work.

Well, it was something while it lasted. I hope they do do something again in the future; maybe actual discussions on video game things, like that short-lived column that had Yahtzee and James from Extra Credits (along with others).

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wait what?

WHAT?!

Well that came out of left field. Surprise! No more rhymes! I'm sad, but I can totally see why Jim and Yatzhee would be too busy to keep up with it.
But still saddening...

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013

It's sad to see the Rhymedown Spectacular come to an end. The poetry styles of Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw and Jim Sterling will be greatly missed. I do hope that their next project together will be just as epic.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am sad to see this go. I've watched and enjoyed them all. The only reason I didn't comment all that often was because I didn't really want to post a low content reply once a week just to say I liked it.

I cannot believe it has been a year already though, that caught me off guard.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
Ah, Rhymedown Spectacular. Good night sweet prince. It was fun while it lasted. Here's hoping that the next project Jim & Yahtzee will be working on will also be entertaining.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
"I think I won a moral victory." - Jim Sterling

I dunno if you can count that Pokemon poem a "moral" victory, but you certainly won.....something. Laughter and praise, I guess.

Fare thee well, Jim and Yahtzee and may your future projects be as fascinating as this one was.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit."

LoneWolf83

Apr 8, 2014
You have to be careful, Jim, when having sex with Pokemon, you could catch Poke'herpes and you relay don't want that. You don't feel it that much but you hear it, every day and night, Goddamn, I am so sick of hearing "Herpy, herpy, herpy" coming from my crotch all the time.

This is sad. I really enjoyed these.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Well, Yahtzee didn't do anything special. But it's nice to see him insulting "MuMORPuGers".
I, for one, am just a bit sad about this ending. Now, there's nothing to tide me over in the 11 (a.m.) EST hour before ZP comes out. But it's no surprise as Jim often can't find enough time to make a rhyme.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
[https://imageshack.com/i/5mpfsij]
Real said to see this show go.

But it was fun while it lasted. :)

I look forward to what you two do next! :D

Also, I'd say each episode had only one winner.

The audience. ;p

Bke

May 13, 2013
Myself, brother and friends are sad to see this go, we watched it every week. However it was clearly on its last legs towards the end as Jim was unable to keep up the schedule etc... pity there are so few hours in the day.

Thank you both Jim and Yahtzee for a year or so of fun poems and much laughter.

Hope the next thing is something like a podcast, I'd love to hear the two of you discussing games together.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Was there some warning that the show was ending that I missed, or was this all that was planned to let viewers know?
Jim mentioned it on Twitter a few weeks ago, but as far as I know there's been no mention on here.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Dang... it was a darn good run, that's for sure.

I'd re-watch them all in a chain, but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to stop talking in rhymes afterwards.

Symion

Aug 30, 2012
You couldn't beat Yahtzee fair and square so you had to call off the war? How sad...

Seriously: It was an enjoyable ride and its disappointing more people didn't tune in.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
At least Yahtzee ended on a takedown of the grind-tastic nature of video games. I kinda regret missing one of the episodes now (I'm not sure which one), but I am glad to have seen all of them as they came out. At best we can hope for a Lisa Foiles' esque triumphant return in 2016 only to get even less views on each video. Still, farewell to the Rhymedown Spectacular, you were more than just a Sonic/Mario crossover on the Wii.

/sniff

Here's to the future: A Smash Bros on the Wii U!

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Only the mighty Calculon can show I truly feel about this series ending.

Seriously though it was a very welcome addition to the site, and it was really nice to see how funny Yahtzee can be when he isn't saying 19745893038 words a minute. Good luck in your next project guys, and thanks for all the laughs. :D