Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Fitting End

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Bummer. I've watched every one of these as they've come out. Now I'm sorry I didn't comment more often; I really loved this series. I understand Jim being too busy, but I hope Yahtzee throws a poem up on fullyramblomatic or his youtube account once in a while.

Farewell Rhymedown Spectacular: you'll be missed.

nihilanth1911

Sep 12, 2012
Thank you For all the awesome rhyming you've given us. You truly are wordsmiths. And i look forward to seeing what your next project turns out to be. salutations gentlemen.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
Aw man, I'm gonna miss these.
And Jim, I think people thought it was a contest because it was called "Rymedown" which everyone concluded was a play on "throwdown". The show's very title made it sound like a battle of rhyme and verse.

But I digress. As weird and inappropriate as some of Jim's poems were sometimes, there were some really great ones too (the dark syde being one of my favorites because WOW that guy's incompetent).

Whatever's next, we're looking forward to it.
In the mean time, we will all thank god... for Jim and Yahtzee.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
It's obvious Jim's routine is taking a toll on him. I'm going to miss this.

LoneWolf83 said:
You have to be careful, Jim, when having sex with Pokemon, you could catch Poke'herpes and you relay don't want that.
No Jim! Don't listen to this knave! You go catch Poke-herpes, Poke-AIDS... gotta catch 'em all, man!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Wow they've been doing this show for a year? Where did the time go? So many unforgettable memories... and therapy sessions thanks to a certain Pokemon themed poem :p

It's been fun and I look forward to whatever project you've got lined up next.

evilnancyreagan

May 1, 2014
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Was there some warning that the show was ending that I missed
The writing (pun intended?)has been on the wall for a while now, Jim's contribution to the Smackdown has been a regression into to a rhyming addendum to Jimquisition for as long as I can remember.

I will miss Yahtzee's twisted, lyrical tales, however.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
I never expected this to last as long as it did. Don't get me wrong, it was mostly great but coming up with an actual good poem every week is pretty hard. At first I thought it was a one-off thing or maybe one video every 2-3 weeks but you guys really produced a lot of weekly videos that were really mostly good.

I'd love to see more poems, maybe when the mood grips you two you can release one. That way you'd probably end up at a 2-3 week irregular schedule anyways. I'd certainly prefer it to having declining quality on a weekly show.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, I did not expect to see the end of this series so soon. Yahtzee, your poem makes me rethink about all the group quests and Flashpoints I did in Old Republic, from the perspective of the NPC's I interacted with. Jim, thank you for that goodbye message, and don't worry about it being a competition: we are all winners for your poetry.

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
NO!
First they kill off the probably sanest person on Mad Men, and now Rhymedown Spectacular is no more, as well. I is sad. :eek:(

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008

Here endeth the Rhymedown Spectacular
With an episode unexpectedly crepuscular.
Both Yahtzee and Jim
Were in it to win...
*sniffle*
Man, I ain't crying - shut up, you liar.

Thanks Yahtzee and Jim for taking the time to do something new. I loved what I saw and really look forward to your next project.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
How about Yahtzee going at it alone?
He's clearly enjoyed it, I read somewhere he likes to do poetry, and it was always very good and usually mighty clever.

Jim phoned it in a few times, and boy, what a bummer ending he gave us... :(

Fitting captcha: one of those shitty brand ones where you "need to describe this brand with any word(s)". :mad:

Xardas

Mar 28, 2012
Well I guess I'm with the majority on this one, and I'm disappointed to see this end, but if Jim and Yahtzee think it's time to end it, then I guess it's time. So yea it was fun while it lasted and I hope the new thing you guys are doing is at least as good as this.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
What? No more Rhymedown Spectaculars? Damn it! I loved this show. As much as your poems often made me squirm Jim, I am going to miss them.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
ech, i reacted deeply to the news of it ending but then jims SINCERE[footnote]and the thousand meters stare[/footnote] speech somehow made me feel strange. i always loved you Jim but this..... made me realize there is yet another level of respect i have for you. Thank you for this brief speech. now i go cry a little.

P.S. why was it that majority of people posting here didnt seem to get how yatzees poem fits with ending series? they do rhymedown every week, they slay demon lord every week, now the demon lord decided to pack away and move on and the show is over....