Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Tale of Two Poets

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
Both poems were great, but I'd like to see Yahtzee's written down. The rhyme scheme, if it was regular, was very difficult to follow. I thought it was a limerick at first, like his Wolfenstein review, but now I'm not so sure.
I concur. It was hilarious, to be sure, but it was hard making sense of the rhyming scheme.

Jim killed it though (as we say in the streets).

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
ShadowKatt said:
While both were good, I liked Yahtzee's more. Jim had more structure, but it was the asymmetry of Yahtzee's rhyme that did it for me. So...

WHO WON? WHO'S NEXT? YOU DECIDE!

EEEEPIIIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY!!!!

And I reckon Yahtzee's asymmetric style was cool, but Jim had the passion and the force.

Also fuck always-on DRM.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
DjinnFor said:
Am I the only one who thinks poetry is stupid and the escapist must be getting desperate?

Yeah probably, this was an awesome idea.

Also this article should have had a poll asking who won =D

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Is it just me, or does Yahtzee have that absolutely bat shit crazy gleam in his eyes on multiple occasions in this?

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Serious Business said:
Oh. My . God.

I've had an Account for Months now, and I haven't posted a single thing on the Forums. Always silent, watching.

But this. This! When i Read that Jim and Yahtzee are both in the same show AND THEY ARE DOING POETRY i was screaming like a little girl!

This. Was . Epic.
Welcome to the forums. :)

OT: This is fantastic. I figured I'd give it a go after Jim tweeted about all the praise. I'm glad to see I wasn't led astray. :)

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I was choking back tears by the end of that magnificent performance. All music and art is nothing to me now, as we have reached the peak.

...Unless there are more episodes.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
That was something not quite entirely unlike FRAKIN' AWESOME.

Now I have a whole new reason to look forward to Wednesdays.

IncrediBurch

Jul 23, 2012
This was definitely neat. Keep it going.

I would love to see Jim and Yahtzee coordinate so the video could look like they are reading at each other, exchanging lines. Maybe as a special episode or something.

I listened to Yahtzee twice because something sounded off. I don't know what beat Yahtzee was hitting/trying to hit. I didn't get it, but that's probably me not understanding that style.

Hoping for more!

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
At first I was pretty impresses by what Yahtzee was doing, but by the end of Jim's segment it felt like it was just beating a point that I've already heard a hundred times before. If they can keep up original material for this it will be good I think.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Great stuff. I didn't actually expect to like it but I ended up enjoying it a lot. More please!

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
That was certainly interesting. I feel like Yahtzee had the more clever poem. It wasn't until about halfway through it that I realized it was about the PS4. The Diablo 3/DRM bit just seems a little stale.

I thought Yahtzee's rhyme scheme was pretty clear, ABAB CDCD etc..., much like a sonnet. Jim's just had couplets which we are all more familiar with from rap or Dr. Seuss.

I wonder where this series is going to go. I'm intrigued either way.

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
The grin on yahtzee at the end.. just epic xD
and awesome series.. can't wait for more eps

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Yahtzee takes the cake for having the most expressive(psychotic) eyes. Jim, your poetry is sound, but something is lacking... Maybe I just have a bro-crush on Yahtzee's psycho-eyes... Or jealousy masked by compliments and praise...

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Well, that was...unexpected. Cool, but unexpected. Yahtzee, if you could just keep your head straight we'd have a new hit on our hands.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
After the Escapist Expo last year, I found myself thinking that Yahtzee and Jim had a surprisingly good chemistry. I almost wish they lived closer together, so they could interact in the video, but hell, I still really enjoyed this. Yahtzee's PS4 metaphor was great, and Jim's scathing indictment of always-online requirements was top-notch, as always. I'll be interested to see where this goes. Can't wait for next Wednesday. :D