Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: About The Drought

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
About The Drought

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Does the "summer games drought" actually bother any consumers? I know people in the business have less to do (fewer reviews and guides, etc.), but most people I know are happy to play the dozens of great games they missed during the last year or so, now priced much more attractively.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Hah, both great yet again. Does this mean Yahtzee doesn't feel the need to do a Zero Punctuation on Saints Row IV then? The poem pretty much summed up his feelings. Jim's got funnier as it went along, and it was nice that it wasn't too creepy this time, I was starting to wonder if that was going to keep escalating.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
After EA's conference yesterday, I do have to say Jim's was more "current" but again I enjoyed them both :D

Gotta love those Emotions[sup]TM[/sup]

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Jim's poem don't have enough polygons to be emotional, he should work on the graphic quality on his videos, not the writing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Not enough polygons in Jim's poem.

Thunderous Cacophony said:
Does the "summer games drought" actually bother any consumers? I know people in the business have less to do (fewer reviews and guides, etc.), but most people I know are happy to play the dozens of great games they missed during the last year or so, now priced much more attractively.
enough people complain that it must bother consumers to some extent. And keep in mind, while catching up on old games sounds good, a lot of gamers only want what's new now because reasons.

canadamus_prime said:
Sorry, the context of Jim's poem is completely lost on me.
That's because you have no emotions. If you had emotions, you would understand the emotions.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Goliath100 said:
Jim's poem don't have enough polygons to be emotional, he should work on the graphic quality on his videos, not the writing.
Holy crap, you must have posted this joke literally SECONDS before me.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I'm going to stop thinking of this as a competition with both participants doing such good work.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
I see a full circle in Yahtzee's behavior. When Zero Punctuation was starting out along with the new console generation he was bitter and harsh the same way he is now. He got softer around the time Human Revolution and The Darkness came out but now I don't get anything but cynicism out of his poems and reviews.
Jim's super subtle message reminded me that Beyond was coming out soon. I hope David Cage tones down the nonsense in this game but considering that the story is about Ellen Page being obsessed by a demon I doubt that would be the case.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
Jim's poem made me weep and laugh with joy and sorrow... Of course if I hadn't been watching in high resolution I'm sure it would have sucked

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Watching Jim's poems, I rarely don't get the faint impression he'd jump through the screen to strangle me, giggling like Gannondorf, with the general look and his delivery. Somehow this makes them more fun to watch.

empirialtank

Jan 22, 2010
I liked the part where Jim said the word "emotions"

It really spoke to me and gave me more polygons making me more emotional.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Quite liked Yahtzee's this week.

I swear Jim can't say "emotion" any more without a hint of his David Cage. Or maybe that's me reading hearing things in to this.