Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Because I Could Not Stop For Loading Times

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Because I Could Not Stop For Loading Times

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Aug 1, 2010
I lost my shit at Yahtzee's punchline.

I also loved Jims constant looking over at the camera.

Seriously, these just keep getting better and better. I hope this show never ends.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Took me quite the time until I figured Yahtzees out, it was at the brother vacuuming part for those who care.
Jims I figured instantly, blue runner with the little hint on the top shelf didn't make it too hard :p

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I love how Yahtzee has managed to give *Spoiler character* more personality in a 2 minute poem than *Spoiler game company* has in *Spoiler amount of years*

Simply beautiful work guys. keep it up.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Goddamn Yahtzee you made a poem that is the Mario equivalent of the video for Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Yanno usually I don't say whether one won or the other and just judge based on the quality of the rhyming and how well it works and such.

This week though, despite being depressing Yahtzee totally won.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Well, I do wish Jim wouldn't use the back ground noise to clue us in on what he's talking about. I did like the mystery from Yahtzee's rhyme until the very punchline hit.

Other than that, I think yahtzee's was better than Jim's. Maybe I just like longer poems rather than the short ones.

captch - Carry a towel

Well, to the beach maybe, but nowhere else.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Knew Yahtzee's was about Mario. Just KNEW it.

canadamus_prime said:
Both of those were rather disturbingly accurate.
Although I've heard Jim's before. From a webcomic. Maybe VG cats.

IrenIvy

Mar 15, 2011
Strangely, the topic of Jim's part reminded me a part of Yahtzee's review of "Sonic Generations", only in reverse (bad stuff first, excitement later, instead of the other way around).

I really like today poems, both. Yahtzee painted very well a very disturbing picture, while Jim's was more intense.

Edited to add: only I don't understand why Jim paused and smiled from time to time. Was it supposed to mean anything?

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Was Jim trying to match up the pace of his poem to the background music or is that just apophenia talking?

I don't know if I'll ever see Mario in quite the same way again.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
hickwarrior said:
captch - Carry a towel

What? You carry your towel everywhere! Especially when hitchhiking the galaxy!

OT:
I didn't get what Yahtzees poem was about until Guffe said he got it at vacuuming. That poem is truly quite depressing.

shadowxvii

Jan 9, 2013
Felt like Jim took random comments from sonic fans to make a poem out of it. Not that it was bad. Just felt like that to me.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
hickwarrior said:
captch - Carry a towel

OT; Although Yathzee's started out depressing, the ending was gold. Should i be ashamed that i only knew what he was talking about with the "Mamma Mia" bit.

Anyway, the real question is; when can we see Susan have a go?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Brilliant punch line from Jim, though it hits a little too close to home for the little part of me that hopes that each new Sonic will actually be good.