Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Buy An Xbox One Today

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
Jim first gave us his version of "Wonder Wall" and now this. Bravo! Yahtzee's was about... um... a racing game?
Bit.Trip Runner, most likely, though all the stuff like Bit.Trip Runner on the iOS could be just as appropriate.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I stopped watching these for a while, this episode made me regret that, time to go watch the ones I've missed!

The whole machinima/microsoft deal is suspicious, but in this case I'm willing to go with "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice"

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Triality said:
Jim. I love you to death, but your presentation is sloppy. You look like you just woke up and are wearing the glasses to hide your hangover or lessen the glare that is feeding your migraine. Clean up, for your sake. You offer brilliant and biting poetic insight into the worst trends in the games industry. Don't delegitimize yourself with such an unserious amateur-hour vlog look. I thought that's why you got that podium.
It's all on purpose, though.

If you do poems, you should look like a poet.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I really loved this week. As did most posters here it seems. Great job and thanks for putting forward such excellent content. Jim, you're really onto something with these musical entries.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Jimothy Sterling said:
Triality said:
Jim. I love you to death, but your presentation is sloppy. You look like you just woke up and are wearing the glasses to hide your hangover or lessen the glare that is feeding your migraine. Clean up, for your sake. You offer brilliant and biting poetic insight into the worst trends in the games industry. Don't delegitimize yourself with such an unserious amateur-hour vlog look. I thought that's why you got that podium.
It's all on purpose, though.

If you do poems, you should look like a poet.
Well, I guess you would dress up more for these. IF, you had been paid.
;D

Loved the song Jim. Especially how you make it look like it's harder for you to keep going near the end.

Also; =w= bThumbs up face for Yahtzee's twist at the end of his. :D Didn't see it coming.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
And i never realize before that Jim had such a beatiful singing voice....

Sotanaht

Mar 6, 2008
The ironic thing is that most of the microshills in the recent debacle actually HAVEN'T been paid, they are merely hoping to be paid without even so much as an actual promise of money behind that hope.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
Triality said:
As I understand it, his appearance and presentation are part of the satire. Hiding something (the sunglasses), the camera set up intentionally looking like vlog-ish to emulate some content-makers that participated in the paid promotion with the NDA that prohibited them from disclosing that they were paid, figuratively singing to Microsoft's and Machinima's tune, etc. Unless you already realized that, and were being sarcastic. In which case, I just didn't pick up on it, and my comment can be disregarded.

At any rate, it's always fun to see the differences in styles between Jim and Yahtzee. And I always have different reactions to each of them, even if I enjoy them equally.

Triality

May 9, 2011
vagabondwillsmile said:
As I understand it, his appearance and presentation are part of the satire. Hiding something (the sunglasses), the camera set up intentionally looking like vlog-ish to emulate some content-makers that participated in the paid promotion with the NDA that prohibited them from disclosing that they were paid, figuratively singing to Microsoft's and Machinima's tune, etc. Unless you already realized that, and were being sarcastic. In which case, I just didn't pick up on it, and my comment can be disregarded.

At any rate, it's always fun to see the differences in styles between Jim and Yahtzee. And I always have different reactions to each of them, even if I enjoy them equally.
Yeah the reference escaped me. If it was intentional I didn't catch it. No harm I guess.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I have no idea what Yahtzee's one was about. Hell for video game heroes, perhaps?

Jim's one almost had me laughing. That's some Suspiciously Specific Denial, there, Jim.