Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Marking Mad

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Marking Mad

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
Jim just can't stop thinking about Edward James Olmos...
But if you think this is crazy, listen to his podcast....

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was expecting poems relating to the YouTube copyright thing this week as that seems to be the big hot issue lately.
Ah Jim. I see you're going for one of your incredibly twisted poems again eh?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
How did Jim's make any sense at all?

I can kinda tell what it's making fun of, but how the hell does Edward James Olmos come into it?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Insanity, thy name is Jim Sterling. A man so crazy, his high school voted him "Most likely to have a mental asylum named after him". JK ;P

Great job, gents. But, seriously, Jim, seek professional help. ^^;

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I love Yahtzee's punchline this week. To the point.

But honestly, he should have known there was no way to get rid of the quest marker.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Is that a return of the Extra Punctuation clothing I see?

I found Jim's poem a bit confusing, though I must admit I admired it'd oddness.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Zhukov said:

I can kinda tell what it's making fun of, but how the hell does Edward James Olmos come into it?
It does make a bit more sense to those of us who listen to his podcast (the dismal jesters) but admittedly not much.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
What has EJO done to deserve this? I mean, really? Imagine you were EJO and someone forwards you this. You'd be all like "What the hell? Not cool, bro! Not cool at all..."

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
So... did Edward James Olmos do a thing recently that I wasn't aware of? Like, any form of a thing at all? Because I'm deeply confused.

Vedli

Jul 5, 2013
Zhukov said:

There is no hidden meaning. Jim just has a bit of thing for Edward James Olmos currently. The last 2 or 3 episodes of his Podcast have involved Jim coming up with new show ideas for Edward James Olmos. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS9AvQiKxOA

Shloogor

Jul 25, 2011
I never thought Edward James Fuckpig would be much more than a one-off joke. How wrong I was.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'm not sure I follow either of them this time...
Maybe I was distracted or something, but Yatzhee was an open-world RPG character who ignored a starting quest?
And Jim complained about sexism in the industry? I think...

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Yatzhee had a pretty good punch-line but Jim's was...well, I understand that he's a bit off (or maybe he's perpetually on as it were) most of the time except I could not get what the hell he was talking about. Half-way through I got a tad disgusted by it, which may or may not have been the point. I don't follow his podcasts for the same reason: don't feel like listening to 20 minutes of mindless talking of dildos.

Meh, there's always next week/year.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
Got to agree with redknightalex (also stopped listening to the podcast for those reasons)

Still this was one fantastic impassioned, break-neck trip through madness from Yahtzee that I thoroughly enjoyed followed by... well, I will say this for Jim; At least this one had a point and some direction to the vulgarity but I don't know the particular issue being referenced and it seems to me to be one of those stupidities I will continue to avoid so it kind of didn't work work for me...

Yahtzee really does allegorical stories well but Jim always seems at his best when he's really focused and narrowly directed at a particular issue with no literary trappings save his own passion. Neither seem to benefit from trying to bogart the others style.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Master_of_Oldskool said:
So... did Edward James Olmos do a thing recently that I wasn't aware of? Like, any form of a thing at all? Because I'm deeply confused.
I haven't listened to Jim's podcast, but I do know that LRR has been using EJO as a running joke for years:
http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/Edward_James_Olmos

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I know what you mean Yahtzee. Sometimes through the day, my vision is filled with Objective Markers, press X to use [insert object here], keep pressing shoulder buttons to do something repetitive, and even BioWare-style conversation menus.

BunnyKillBot

Fragged by Bunny
Oct 23, 2010
Jim. That was bad and you should feel bad.

Regards,
Disgruntled, alienated and entitled viewer