Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: PewDieBait

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
PewDieBait

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video
 

Under_your_bed

New member
Sep 15, 2012
103
0
0
Baiting PewDiePie's army of preteen manchild fans?



If anyone needs me, I'll be a safe distance away. With lots and lots of popcorn.
 

Micah Weil

New member
Mar 16, 2009
499
0
0
Eh...not so much baiting his army of societal refuse as pointing out the blatantly obvious.
Still, pass that popcorn.
 

Hiramas

New member
Aug 31, 2010
124
0
0
The loadingreadyrun live stream of Goat Simulator was hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. As long as you don't make a habit of "intentionally bad" i guess it can be ok.
 

SKBPinkie

New member
Oct 6, 2013
552
0
0
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
"Screaming at Tweens" was how i think it was said best. The new business model of the internet, backed by corporate sponsors and completely unassailable.
 

Goliath100

New member
Sep 29, 2009
437
0
0
Jimothy Sterling said:
Poem isn't about *him* at all.
Jimmy, are you conspiring with TotalBiscuit again? Because he released a video ( partly) about "PewDieBait" today too. Admit it Jimmy, you and TB are trying to get "PewDieBait" in the dictionary, you monsters.
 

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
3,258
0
0
Well that was a rather brutal take down of Slender. Which Slender game was it? The one that got the fame or the one they made after they got the game? Found the first one to be a good laugh if a bit panic inducing.

Yahtzee's poem reminds me of a roleplaying experience I had on WoW. As the priest I ended up telling the husband to go "kiss the bridge", he didn't speak to me after. Not long after I just completely stopped seeing his IC wife coming online. All was swell.
 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
Goliath100 said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
Poem isn't about *him* at all.
Jimmy, are you conspiring with TotalBiscuit again? Because he released a video ( partly) about "PewDieBait" today too. Admit it Jimmy, you and TB are trying to get "PewDieBait" in the dictionary, you monsters.
I somehow doubt it, since most of the video content here is filmed a week in advance.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
I.. get the criticism Jim..
but .. I find that you really pissed out of the bucket mentioning Unity as an engine of choice like a bad thing or a cheap thing, sure it can be, but so can most other engines today, since they are adopting the business model too. To be honest I was not a big believer of the Unity3d engine initially, It seemed like a stitched up B Grade engine. But nowadays, if you put some effort into it, you can make quality stuff with it (just like any game).

With our indie studio, we have been developing with it for a few years, and, sure it has some shortcomings, but it is not just a "lets make it cheap for ourselves" solution. In fact nowadays, using Unreal 4, UDK3 or CryEngine is arguably cheaper than using Unity Pro.

Even with Real cheap engines you can get fantastic results if your team is talented enough, I know you are not specifically calling out indies who try to do interesting things, but by painting it with such broad strokes you are putting them all in one bag. If someone makes a gamejam experiment and puts it out for people to play, they are not scheming how to fool all the audience, they are probably simply trying to get something mildly presentable out, and rarely do the devs seek to be published or even to get paid for them.
Particularly, if you are just a guy trying to get your feet wet doing some basic scripting or finding out how to make a game, it is actually a FANTASTIC idea. Sure it might be crap (most first projects are), but completing a project.. no matter how small or shitty it might seem to you, is nothing to scoff at, and it can be an excellent learning experience.
In these cases the teams working rarely have a lot of testing and don't have QA budget at all, it is a thing they made, and rarely do they try to show it off as more than that. It will obviously have bugs, it will likely Break, it will have shitty art , and faulty optimized code.. They never really even get out of alpha... SO?

Would you rather have a world where potentially good ideas die out because of impossible production costs? You yourself have rambled on and on about how risk averse the AAA industry is, well that's part of the issue, and I understand that some of these slender wannabees show the exact same staleness problems. But I'm actually thankful for the alternatives that indies are being offered today to develop even the silliest of concept into prototypes. Sure, many of them are generic derivative crappy less-than-games, but there is also unbridled potential, and occasionally some really fantastic and surprising ideas.

So if Pewdiepie or Patrick Klepek ( who sometimes picks borderline Broken games for his "worth Playing" section at Giantbomb) play them because they have some component that might appeal to them, well thanks internet, id rather them show it and allow people to like or dislike. Rather than preemptively censure because they use a "cheap engine" or have many bugs, as if the developer was willfully trying to fool us.
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
Delcast said:
First, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Second -
Particularly, if you are just a guy trying to get your feet wet doing some basic scripting or finding out how to make a game, it is actually a FANTASTIC idea. Sure it might be crap (most first projects are), but completing a project.. no matter how small or shitty it might seem to you, is nothing to scoff at, and it can be an excellent learning experience.
In these cases the teams working rarely have a lot of testing and don't have QA budget at all, it is a thing they made, and rarely do they try to show it off as more than that. It will obviously have bugs, it will likely Break, it will have shitty art , and faulty optimized code.. They never really even get out of alpha... SO?
The "SO?" comes in when these people shove their incomplete, buggy, broken, poorly-optimized projects on Steam for $19.99 and expect people to not complain about the state that it's in.

The problem isn't indie developers who don't know what they're doing - It's indie developers who don't know what they're doing and still expect to make big bucks anyway.

EDIT: And I imagine that any jab at Unity was simply because most of these really bad indie projects being sold on Steam are using the Unity engine, not because it's actually bad or anything. So again, taking it a bit too seriously and/or personally.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,694
0
0
I can honestly say I called that wrong. I thought Jim would be all over Outlast as a prime example that the horror genre is not only alive, but improving. Outlast is every bit as scary as Amnesia though maybe not with a better plot. It's atmospheric as all hell and controls well. I'm not sure why Jim didn't seem to like it(at least that's what I assumed his poem was about?)

Yatzhee, you managed to leave the Asari alone...surprising.
 

PMAvers

New member
May 27, 2009
69
0
0
Hiramas said:
The loadingreadyrun live stream of Goat Simulator was hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.
The bit with the science hole and the giant goat was worth it.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
shrekfan246 said:
Delcast said:
First, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Second -
The "SO?" comes in when these people shove their incomplete, buggy, broken, poorly-optimized projects on Steam for $19.99 and expect people to not complain about the state that it's in.

The problem isn't indie developers who don't know what they're doing - It's indie developers who don't know what they're doing and still expect to make big bucks anyway.

EDIT: And I imagine that any jab at Unity was simply because most of these really bad indie projects being sold on Steam are using the Unity engine, not because it's actually bad or anything. So again, taking it a bit too seriously and/or personally.
I know it is simply a silly song, but still, what unsettles me a bit about the underlying comment.
And I'm not terribly offended either, I just was making a comment about what I think in relation to this subject (hopefully a thoughtful one, and not a trolling one).

I find that the problem about Steam has more to do with The lack of effective quality control, and also the somewhat hot headed ignorant consumers that shell out 20 bucks without doing some research, rather than with the greedy developer trying to cheat the poor consumer. Of course this adds the discussion of pre-purchasing and early access, and when early is too early, but those are other topics altogether.
The point of early access is to have the community aid the development of unfinished games, so the criticism of how unfinished, broken or buggy the game is before release seems rather silly, unless it is never addressed or willfully ignored by the developer. Can the system be exploited? sure, and there are many examples, but there are as many examples of great community feedback aiding the creation of the game as well. Like many things , it is a fine line.

I personally NEVER pay for early access. However. I did get Goat simulator, although broken stupid and rather bad. However, I didn't expect it to be a marvelous game, I expected it to be pretty funny for a while, and that, it was.

Again, I get it its an exaggerated joke, and yes it's pretty funny, but it still casts an iffy judgement.
 

Jimothy Sterling

New member
Apr 18, 2011
5,976
0
0
I think great things can be done in Unity. Max and the Curse of Brotherhood was utterly gorgeous.

However, Unity IS the engine of choice for bad devs, and the assets it provides make for some cheap, pre-built crap.
 

Callate

New member
Dec 5, 2008
5,118
0
0
"I love you, chest-high wall. *Call back*..."

Yahtzee has made me laugh out loud twice today. It's a good Wednesday.

I'm playing through Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs right now, so I'm certainly appreciating Sterling's point in that regard. I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on better ways to induce feelings of dread that aren't so "audio jump-scare" related, though. It seems like a lot of the other tropes common to survival horror can as easily make for irritating busy work as genuine dread if done poorly. ("Used all your bullets on that boss? Grand! Here's a room full of zombies.")
 

[REDACTED]

New member
Apr 30, 2012
395
0
0
Under_your_bed said:
Baiting PewDiePie's army of preteen manchild fans?
How can you be be both a preteen and a manchild? O__o

I'm guessing it would require some Butterfly Effect-style time travel.
 

Under_your_bed

New member
Sep 15, 2012
103
0
0
[REDACTED said:
]
Under_your_bed said:
Baiting PewDiePie's army of preteen manchild fans?
How can you be be both a preteen and a manchild? O__o

I'm guessing it would require some Butterfly Effect-style time travel.
Just avoid becoming your own grandpa and you're probably OK....
 

Mossberg Shotty

New member
Jan 12, 2013
649
0
0
The timing is weird, I only started watching PewDiePie about a week ago. I think he's decent, I just wish he didn't play things up so much, he overreacts to pretty much everything.

Still, indie horror is one of my favorite genres, it's a stepping stone for new developers with original ideas.
 

K12

New member
Dec 28, 2012
943
0
0
Silentpony said:
I can honestly say I called that wrong. I thought Jim would be all over Outlast as a prime example that the horror genre is not only alive, but improving. Outlast is every bit as scary as Amnesia though maybe not with a better plot. It's atmospheric as all hell and controls well. I'm not sure why Jim didn't seem to like it(at least that's what I assumed his poem was about?)

Yatzhee, you managed to leave the Asari alone...surprising.
This definitely wasn't about Outlast because it was one of his games of the year for 2013. and I don't think that it was on the Unity engine either.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that this is about Slender: The Arrival since Pewdiepie did an extremely irritating set of videos about the game.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
SKBPinkie said:
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
Ironically, then we inevitably get a lot of people annoyed about people complaining about complaining about him. Now, here I am complaining about people complaining about people complaining about him and oh my god why does everything taste purple.
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
Ah, the story of a grizzled, brick-jawed, muscly man and his chest-high wall. A love story for the ages.
But I thought David Cage always wrote women in a creepy manner.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
The truth in Jim's poem was sickening.
SKBPinkie said:
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
Funny, I could say the same thing about Justin Beiber.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
4,903
6
13
Ok this is wierdly relevent to me as i knew fugger all about the guy until South Park Stick of Truth was released and i wanted to see some gameplay from the start to show me what sort of game to expect.
Youtube happily showed me a link by this pewdiepie about the game being played, to which i thought 'fair enough...just play the game..i dont care what you think just play the game and ill make my own fckin mind up!'
20 mins later (after me sliding forwards to skip his chat) hes STILL chatting shit about himself! I then see him (yes we must ALL see face) overreacting to EVERY scene in game! its all about him...not the game!
Now youtube remembers that one mistake and puts him on my front wall every time and hes got like 2 million views or shit...WHY?!?
Yahtzee and Gabriel have an infinitely better 'lets drown out' on youtube. Forfcks sake try that!!
 

Arrogancy

New member
Jun 9, 2009
1,277
0
0
Xsjadoblayde said:
Ok this is wierdly relevent to me as i knew fugger all about the guy until South Park Stick of Truth was released and i wanted to see some gameplay from the start to show me what sort of game to expect.
Youtube happily showed me a link by this pewdiepie about the game being played, to which i thought 'fair enough...just play the game..i dont care what you think just play the game and ill make my own fckin mind up!'
20 mins later (after me sliding forwards to skip his chat) hes STILL chatting shit about himself! I then see him (yes we must ALL see face) overreacting to EVERY scene in game! its all about him...not the game!
Now youtube remembers that one mistake and puts him on my front wall every time and hes got like 2 million views or shit...WHY?!?
Yahtzee and Gabriel have an infinitely better 'lets drown out' on youtube. Forfcks sake try that!!
Well, here's the thing, Game Theorists explained the seemingly inexplicable rise of PewDiePie on an episode of Game Theory. Essentially, he got ridiculously lucky and inadvertently took advantage of a series of tricks in the way Youtube is set up to extend his audience across Europe and the US. As to why people follow him exactly...That I can't explain. I suppose that at some level he's likable, he seems like a good person, it's just his internet persona is a total dullard and moron. I suppose that once you cast the net wide enough and make content that comes out very regularly that appeals to the lowest common denominator, eventually those numbers start accumulating, regardless of quality.
 

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
3,078
0
0
Based on the title, I thought it was going to be 4 minutes of high pitched screaming
 

Ninmecu

New member
May 31, 2011
262
0
0
Arrogancy said:
Honestly, the long and short of his popularity, ignoring the game theory theory, is that the common individual is an idiot. No two ways about it. If he's even mildly entertaining to any given video gaming audience, he'll gain enough followers on that basis alone. Factor in the fact that this generation of gamers is growing up with shallow experiences and has a much lower expectation of what they want in their entertainment, dudes got it made.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
K12 said:
Silentpony said:
I can honestly say I called that wrong. I thought Jim would be all over Outlast as a prime example that the horror genre is not only alive, but improving. Outlast is every bit as scary as Amnesia though maybe not with a better plot. It's atmospheric as all hell and controls well. I'm not sure why Jim didn't seem to like it(at least that's what I assumed his poem was about?)

Yatzhee, you managed to leave the Asari alone...surprising.
This definitely wasn't about Outlast because it was one of his games of the year for 2013. and I don't think that it was on the Unity engine either.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that this is about Slender: The Arrival since Pewdiepie did an extremely irritating set of videos about the game.
As someone who frequents his Youtube channel, it probably has more to do with a game like this:

And this:
 

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
2,122
0
0
The instant I heard "I met my spouse in WoW," I knew exactly where that one was going.

Anyway... can someone explain to me what this PewDiePie drama is about? I know he's an LPer who's apparently popular and apparently obnoxious, but why does anyone care?
 

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
4,607
0
0
Great Poem by both, but Jim's was slamming! I say Jim wins this one.

Loki_The_Good said:
SKBPinkie said:
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
Ironically, then we inevitably get a lot of people annoyed about people complaining about complaining about him. Now, here I am complaining about people complaining about people complaining about him and oh my god why does everything taste purple.
Wait purple is a color. How can things "taste" purple?
 

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
8,407
0
0
SKBPinkie said:
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
well i just blocking him from my view on youtube and left it at that. but people do keep bringing him up.

Jimothy Sterling said:
However, Unity IS the engine of choice for bad devs, and the assets it provides make for some cheap, pre-built crap.
Well, unity is the kind of engline thats pretty much prebuilt and easiet engine to get on market where a pertosn with no knowledge can go and make stuff, hence people with no knowledge tend to flock with it. as it happens, people with no knowledge usually end up not being knowledgable in how to make the game any good either.
 

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
520
0
0
I'd like to suggest that people PROBABLY ***** and moan about PewDiePie because there is no escaping him, ESPECIALLY if you use youtube. Doesn't matter even if you have a script (like me) to block certain users videos from showing up on the site at all, it'll still get through. And then you click on ONE video by mistake and BAM! All your recommended videos turn into PDP videos.

The guy is an incredibly idiotic when it comes to his 'humor', often just resorting to screaming buzz words and overreacting, your every day normal 'lolRANDUMB' humor you'd expect from 'tehpenguinofdoom'... Yet both himself and Youtube continue to push the content even after many politely say 'no' and click the X on the 'recommended channels' listing he pops up in.

Youtube literally is saying 'Well we don't care if you don't like it, we're still gonna shove it in your face because he's our cash cow and we want to bleed him dry'. Because that's what he is, a fucking tool. A tool for gaming companies and advertisers to sell their product and make money for himself, the companies and youtube, with the end goal of selling their product. And really, when people praise something as vapid and uninteresting as a tool being worthwhile content and constantly getting in your faces about it, wouldn't you get sick of him too? Because let's be real here, we can try and ignore him as much as we want, but his fans, youtube, the companies that use said tool and PDP himself will not allow that.

So in summation, I can kind of understand why they dislike the tool.
 

The Feast

New member
Apr 5, 2013
61
0
0
Kyogissun said:
I'd like to suggest that people PROBABLY ***** and moan about PewDiePie because there is no escaping him, ESPECIALLY if you use youtube. Doesn't matter even if you have a script (like me) to block certain users videos from showing up on the site at all, it'll still get through. And then you click on ONE video by mistake and BAM! All your recommended videos turn into PDP videos.

The guy is an incredibly idiotic when it comes to his 'humor', often just resorting to screaming buzz words and overreacting, your every day normal 'lolRANDUMB' humor you'd expect from 'tehpenguinofdoom'... Yet both himself and Youtube continue to push the content even after many politely say 'no' and click the X on the 'recommended channels' listing he pops up in.

Youtube literally is saying 'Well we don't care if you don't like it, we're still gonna shove it in your face because he's our cash cow and we want to bleed him dry'. Because that's what he is, a fucking tool. A tool for gaming companies and advertisers to sell their product and make money for himself, the companies and youtube, with the end goal of selling their product. And really, when people praise something as vapid and uninteresting as a tool being worthwhile content and constantly getting in your faces about it, wouldn't you get sick of him too? Because let's be real here, we can try and ignore him as much as we want, but his fans, youtube, the companies that use said tool and PDP himself will not allow that.

So in summation, I can kind of understand why they dislike the tool.
How come YouTube always make terrible features but never make a useful one, such as, block the dumb channels that I don't want to see? Seriously, all those annoying PewDiePie thumbnails is making me crazy (Even some disturbing thumbnails from other channel that I don't wanna see). I can't even watch YouTube properly anymore with this guy's face and his random choice of pictures and humor.

By the way, Robbaz is an entertaining Swedish Youtuber, but PewDiePie, no.
 

TheMadDoctorsCat

New member
Apr 2, 2008
1,163
0
0
I've watched one Pewdepie video, just to see what it was about. Wasn't for me.

I don't find them "inescapable". Don't think YouTube has ever made a big deal of him for me, and I watch a few gaming channels. Is he really pushed *that* much?

Anyway, great job both Jim and Yahtzee. This was a really good episode for you both I think.
 

Pr0

New member
Feb 20, 2008
373
0
0
I coined the term "pewdiepie bait" in a video review I did on Steam Greenlight titles that were basically just mashed together Unity engine shit "horror" games designed specifically to try to go "viral" cause some hyper-active super popular Youtuber would play it like Pewdiepie (or those guys trying to be Pewdiepie too, like Tobuscus and Markiplier to name a short list that is just a preview of a longer list of nobodies behind all them) a month ago....but since nobody watches my channel and I thought the videos were utter shit I decided to take them down though I still have the originals on my storage drive.

Heres the specific game that caused me to vomit the term out of my mouth.
Steam Greenlight - Paranoia [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187537719]...man it was crappy.

Here I was thinking I'm just bad at what I do...and it turns out I'm just ahead of my time. Thanks for making me feel like Da Vinci for about 0.5 milliseconds Jim!
 

Pyrokinesis

New member
Dec 3, 2007
185
0
0
Hey.... Jim wasent mocking goat simulator was he? I mean come on it was literally a game that only existed because we demanded it, its not like they were purposely making it bad to make a quick buck or anything. It realeased on april first of all things it is clearly a joke game for lets players.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
4,903
6
13
Arrogancy said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Ok this is wierdly relevent to me as i knew fugger all about the guy until South Park Stick of Truth was released and i wanted to see some gameplay from the start to show me what sort of game to expect.
Youtube happily showed me a link by this pewdiepie about the game being played, to which i thought 'fair enough...just play the game..i dont care what you think just play the game and ill make my own fckin mind up!'
20 mins later (after me sliding forwards to skip his chat) hes STILL chatting shit about himself! I then see him (yes we must ALL see face) overreacting to EVERY scene in game! its all about him...not the game!
Now youtube remembers that one mistake and puts him on my front wall every time and hes got like 2 million views or shit...WHY?!?
Yahtzee and Gabriel have an infinitely better 'lets drown out' on youtube. Forfcks sake try that!!
Well, here's the thing, Game Theorists explained the seemingly inexplicable rise of PewDiePie on an episode of Game Theory. Essentially, he got ridiculously lucky and inadvertently took advantage of a series of tricks in the way Youtube is set up to extend his audience across Europe and the US. As to why people follow him exactly...That I can't explain. I suppose that at some level he's likable, he seems like a good person, it's just his internet persona is a total dullard and moron. I suppose that once you cast the net wide enough and make content that comes out very regularly that appeals to the lowest common denominator, eventually those numbers start accumulating, regardless of quality.
That makes a lot of sense. Plus i can imagine he appeals a lot to the male kids that think stupid excitement is cool.
Seems i swore more than usual in that post. There must still be some bitterness in the memory...that and i may have had a drink.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
4,903
6
13
Drake the Dragonheart said:
Great Poem by both, but Jim's was slamming! I say Jim wins this one.

Loki_The_Good said:
SKBPinkie said:
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
Ironically, then we inevitably get a lot of people annoyed about people complaining about complaining about him. Now, here I am complaining about people complaining about people complaining about him and oh my god why does everything taste purple.
Wait purple is a color. How can things "taste" purple?
That whistle you heard was the sound of the joke flying straight over your head :)
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
Drake the Dragonheart said:
Great Poem by both, but Jim's was slamming! I say Jim wins this one.

Loki_The_Good said:
SKBPinkie said:
Can people just shut the fuck up about that guy already?

We get it, you don't like him. I swear I hear a lot more about him from people who claim to hate the guy.
Ironically, then we inevitably get a lot of people annoyed about people complaining about complaining about him. Now, here I am complaining about people complaining about people complaining about him and oh my god why does everything taste purple.
Wait purple is a color. How can things "taste" purple?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

That said it was a joke implying the spiraling silliness of the situation caused my brain malfunction.
 

Eve Charm

New member
Aug 10, 2011
760
0
0
The story of Pewdiepie rage :

Basically the thing is Pewdiepie was just the poster child of dumb youtuber. There wasn't anything really wrong with his content other then being basically a one trick pony and yelling at ever barrel and chair he came across in the beginning ;p but mostly you'd watch on series and be done with the guy.

The rage didn't come about him it came from the hordes of dumb fans. Back when youtube comments were show whoever posted last and best comments you'd have other people's videos filled with "OMG YOUR COPYING PEWDIE!! YOU SUCK!" comments from his "Bro army" Even to youtubers that were doing this, well before pewdiepie even started to do gaming, Like so you had all the fans of the other youtubers, completely hatting and massive backlash on Pewdie and the bro army ;p

Thankfully with new youtube comments no one really sees that crap anymore.
 

TheKrigeron

New member
Apr 4, 2013
28
0
0
I tought that Yahtzee's poem was going to be about Pewdipie, what with the "Keretic 2" poem and critisizing him in Let's Drown Out... (Phantasmagoria 2 if you're interested). Glad you keep it classy Yahtzee.
(Yes, Jim was talking about the studios taking advantage of these guys, but it is still a freaking easy target)
 

Vicioussama

New member
Jun 5, 2008
100
0
0
Man, I hate Pewdiepie's content. The actual dood seems like a nice guy, but his content. meh :\ but I think I hate his diehard fans more than anything.
 

Lazule

New member
Oct 11, 2013
131
0
0
Nice rhymedown by both, it was beautifully executed.

About PewDiePie his jokes are really lame but at least I'm glad a gamer holds the no. 1 position in YouTube also it was nice to see him take on Dark Souls... After that I unsubbed because I was no longer interested.