Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Press X

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Press X

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Gotta give it to Yahtzee this time. Poignant. And quite sad how it hits on the reality that gaming glosses over. Love to my friends who were in the war and managed to keep on, and love to their families that kept them going. And to all soldiers with that emptiness in your eyes that breaks my heart to see.

Jim's was funny in his normal disturbing way.

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
After last week's amazing podtoid, this was a wonderful treat thanks jim!

Jan 12, 2012
Damn good showing from Yahtzee.

Jim... You need to talk with someone. Open the blinds, go for a walk, maybe write something that isn't full of creepy sexual connotations.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee - That was poetry, filled with imagery, sadness and a decent poke at realism of war played out for entertainment.

Jim - oh Jim... That was Misery not poetry.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Jim, do you take pleasure in disturbing me? 'Cause you're very good at it. I think I'm going to have nightmares about your poem tonight.

spwatkins

Nov 11, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
I remember watching Lewis and Clark back in the nineties, the promos were the most amusing part.
So awesome when they both set eyes on the Pacific Ocean :)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Miyenne said:
Gotta give it to Yahtzee this time. Poignant. And quite sad how it hits on the reality that gaming glosses over. Love to my friends who were in the war and managed to keep on, and love to their families that kept them going. And to all soldiers with that emptiness in your eyes that breaks my heart to see.
Press X to ignore human decency and slash benefits for vets.

canadamus_prime said:
Jim, do you take pleasure in disturbing me? 'Cause you're very good at it. I think I'm going to have nightmares about your poem tonight.
He's like a vampire. Only he feeds on awkwardness.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Jim's poems have gone from weird to creepy and now to outright psychotic. I don't know, I guess I just draw the line when you start throwing mutilation fantasy into your poetry.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
He's like a vampire. Only he feeds on awkwardness.
I believe it. After this poem he's going to be very well fed.

Vicioussama

Jun 5, 2008
Really do enjoy Yahtzee's. It was pretty thought provoking with a good message to consider.

And Jim's, man, that was creepy, but entertaining :p

Tanneseph

May 2, 2011
Yahtzee's was absolutely brilliant - what an artful way to make the imagery of war and war-game clash.

I stopped watching by the time Jim mentioned slashing tendons. When Jim is good, he's great. I'm tired of the gross-out stuff, though.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Glad you're venting your displeasure of QTE's in a healthy manner, Yahtzee, rather than planning your "Press X to not die" murders.

As for you, Jim... Me thinks its time for you to take a trip to the "enchanted kingdom" for a well deserved rest.

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
Well, that's another weekly supplement of depression to go along with the one I already have. I'm sure this is going to end well.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Well those two poems were incredibly bleak. I predict that the "Press X to not die" murders will begin shortly.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Just when I thought Jim was going to do a "normal" poem about Superman actors, he pleasantly surprises me and reveals that he certainly hasn't gone soft on us.

Bravo to the both of you, as usual.

KR4U55

Mar 12, 2012
Yatzee's poem was a great satire. Very grim. Jim's part made me remember something he said in the last Jimquisition: "...I don't know why you think it's aproppiate to send this to Jimquisition's host..."

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
So first it was David Boreanaz and now Dean Cain? I wonder what 90s TV star will be next in Jim's creep-o-parade.