Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Ready for Battle

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Ready for Battle

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

No Jim this week, he's sick with the flu.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
How unprofessional of Jim, letting a little thing like nauseating illness stop him from his important duty of making dirty rhymes on the internet about how he'd like to have sex with Princess Peach.

Also, does anyone else find it weird that a lot of games with facial customization never actually have you look at your own face? I'd prefer an in-depth back-of-the-head customizer, because that's what is going to fill about 20% of the screen for the entire game.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
You forgot to describe the bit where you finally start the game only to realise that your character that looked fine on the creation screen looks terrible when animated from multiple angles and you have to begin all over again.

Bonus points if there's some lengthly bullshit between starting the game and seeing your character. Extra-mega-bonus points if there's unskippable cutscenes in there.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Jasper van Heycop said:
That was also the point I gave up on trying to get into D&D-based CRPG's entirely, they've all aged about as well as sour milk.
*chant* Planescape: Torment! Planescape: Torment!

Steve2911

May 3, 2010
This has happened more times than I can remember. I find myself loading up an RPG I've been meaning to play on a whim and by the time I've gotten to any actual gameplay I'm not in the mood anymore.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Sorry to hear Jim came down with the flu. Hope he gets better soon.

Middle_Index

Stoner/Metaller
Mar 6, 2014
Never thought i would like... poetry (thats right isnt it?)

Jim you lazy bastard.

Get well soon.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Jasper van Heycop said:
That was already bad gameplay-wise when it was released, and age has certainly not sweetened it, so I couldn't be arsed to complete it. Got further into it than I usually do though, and I read the synopsis, does that count?
Eh, just the combat and inventory are poor, and luckily PST has much less combat than most RPGs. Liked the story nevertheless, and probably that's the most that matters.

But I'd recommend to check the Planescape Campaing tabletop-RPG rulebooks (easy to find as PDF). Some stuff in there is much more compelling than in PST, and Tony DiTerlizzi's artwork is superb when compared to many more generic fantasy pictures.

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
I wonder how many people will have that experience with that Black Desert game when it comes out.

Get well soon, Jim.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Gosh that poem certainly reminded me of my first four attempts at getting into Skyrim.

Jim, how dare you consider illness a barrier to shouting poetry, you could have always shown us your Alien toys from bed.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh no! Jim!
Well I like to think he's playing some new beta release indie first person horror game. Maybe sipping a good old stout or something...

Drunken_step_dad

Feb 19, 2014
Poor Jim, I hope he feels better soon. I get the feeling he doesn't think his poetry is very good but it's really speaks to me. Sometimes his metaphors and whatnot may seem simple but as much as I like Yahtzee (and I REAAAALLLLLYY like my Yahtzee) sometimes his poems can miss me (not this one tho), even after a second or third try. But with Jim I can always understand his point and with these I think that's what's most important, since explaining a metaphor or whatever can really break the meaning with poems. And Jim also has a kind of gonzo-esk way with some of his poems that gets me too, big Hunter Thompson fan.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Also, does anyone else find it weird that a lot of games with facial customization never actually have you look at your own face? I'd prefer an in-depth back-of-the-head customizer, because that's what is going to fill about 20% of the screen for the entire game.
Even the games that let you look at your face end up just covering it up with a helmet. Being able to customize my back and shoulders would certainly be more interesting than most.

How much back hair would you like? "All of it."