Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Salty Sorrow

Blanq

Nov 18, 2009
Final thought for me on this thread, if you think the roll call doesn't constitute prose, then that means you are logically against the pok-e-rap as well (generation 1 of course); and if that's the case, thems be fightin' words!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Am I strange to find Yahtzee's poem actually having some sort of meaning? I interpreted the list of enemies as a comment about how a game built around vampire hunting has little to do with vampires and their subsequent hunting.

And as for Jim; I'm assuming you got into Salty Bets?

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Really are we going to say the guy that read the wiki page did a better job then the guy that made an actual poem? Really if yahtzee does another one of these I won't be watching many more.

fractal_butterfly

Sep 4, 2010
I really liked Yahtzee's poem. Although it was "just a list of Castlevania monsters", it was clearly an ode to the diversity in those games. The sheer amount of the named monsters as well as their range is staggering (didn't play Castlevania myself, so I didn't know what to expect).
With Jim's poem, I didn't get it ;-) If it was about Dragon Ball Z, I didn't watch that either...

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
Why is everyone so fucking miserable in this thread? o_O I enjoyed both poems. Thanks for doing them guys!

Pepsik

Aug 30, 2011
nodlimax said:
Kyrdra said:
nodlimax said:
Kyrdra said:
Wait Germany is in that one with Poland. Either that is older than it looks like or they used a very old map.
I don't get it....

Of course Germany is next to Poland. Why wouldn't it be there? It's not like we've invaded (or lost) something recently.....
I thought that Germany had still territory from Poland in that map because it didnt match with the memorized layout
The shape in general is alright in the video but not perfect. It's a cartoon version - so don't take it to seriously...
Wait, you guys argue about Poland's shape and no one has problem with Czechoslovakia still being there? :-D

btw. Yahtzee where is a spoiler alert? Just started playing Castlevania and now I know all my enemies. :)

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
arg i lost all my saltybucks on that Vulture vs. Kanna fight... your poem hit home hard for me jim T.T

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
Pepsik said:
nodlimax said:
Kyrdra said:
nodlimax said:
Kyrdra said:
Wait Germany is in that one with Poland. Either that is older than it looks like or they used a very old map.
I don't get it....

Of course Germany is next to Poland. Why wouldn't it be there? It's not like we've invaded (or lost) something recently.....
I thought that Germany had still territory from Poland in that map because it didnt match with the memorized layout
The shape in general is alright in the video but not perfect. It's a cartoon version - so don't take it to seriously...
Wait, you guys argue about Poland's shape and no one has problem with Czechoslovakia still being there? :-D

btw. Yahtzee where is a spoiler alert? Just started playing Castlevania and now I know all my enemies. :)
It was the 90s. Of course it's still there ;)

Pepsik

Aug 30, 2011
nodlimax said:
Pepsik said:
nodlimax said:
Kyrdra said:
nodlimax said:
Kyrdra said:
I don't get it....

It was the 90s. Of course it's still there ;)
Animaniacs on air since Sept 1993, split of Czechoslovakia end of 1992. That's not exactly a small time window :)

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
Pepsik said:
Animaniacs on air since Sept 1993, split of Czechoslovakia end of 1992. That's not exactly a small time window :)
Oh well, you get me there. In this case let's just say shit happens...

The show was still awesome. :)

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Lost my collective shit at "Skeleton-every-damn-thing-pretty-much" and then again at "Bloody stupid, if you ask me".

Yahtzee, you wonderful bastard you.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
LOL WHO BETS AGAINST MSPAINT? Kappa ALWAYS NEVER BET DBZ!!!

Ahh, Saltybet is a game of memory, Jim... Remembering the individual competence of Chibi Goku, Goku SSJ1-6, Salty Goku, Kid Goku, Goku, Goku and the other Goku who's sprite flashes slowly is both difficult and necessary.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Best Yahtzee poem since the clever metaphor, Jim's was also pretty good, I didn't really understand what it was about.