Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Stanza Wars

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
Stanza Wars

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video
 

MichaelMaverick

New member
Jan 28, 2009
65
0
0
Really good ones this week. Too bad about the struggle on both accounts...at least that's what I assume Jim's edits were supposed to be for.
 

Daygall65

Onward!
Dec 11, 2011
81
0
0
Jim my god thank you for you! That music in the background of yours is bringing back my childhood, Dark Forces!! *cries manly tears of happier times*

Bravo both bravo both, but Jim wins this one for me just because of the background music!
 

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
4,474
0
0
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee. Don't get me wrong they're both great, but I see it getting stale in the long term if it's just them every week. I'd love to see Bob, Gavin and the LRR crew getting involved in this as well.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
Glad Jim and Yahtzee kept this week's episode rather subdued. We all know what happen when...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Unleashed, the force of 2 is
 

Longstreet

New member
Jun 16, 2012
705
0
0
Yathzee wins this one, for two reasons. First i had to laugh a bit, second i could actually follow his. With jim half the time i didnt know what he was going on about.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlak must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlak's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?
 

mrm5561

New member
Apr 27, 2010
361
0
0
jim i 100% agree with you, i always loved the bounty hunters more than any other group in star wars. bossk especially looked badass to me as a kid
 

Plutar

New member
Mar 17, 2011
4
0
0
"Spend your whole life just splashing about. Why do you think nobody's tried to get out?"

Mr. Fett would like to have a word with Yahtzee...
 

rayen020

New member
May 20, 2009
1,138
0
0
ooh. It's really close this week. Yahtzee Touched on a plot hole i've always wondered about. But Jim's Hauntingly beautiful The Bounty Hunters wins this week.

Score:
Yahtzee - 2
Jim - 2.5
 

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
4,568
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlak must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlak's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?
I always thought it just lay around waiting for animals to fall into it's pit. Jabba using it as an execution device is just a bonus to it.

I feel that Jim's poem is better this week. I never really noticed or cared about the bounty hunters before now.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
kailus13 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlak must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlak's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?
I always thought it just lay around waiting for animals to fall into it's pit. Jabba using it as an execution device is just a bonus to it.

I feel that Jim's poem is better this week. I never really noticed or cared about the bounty hunters before now.
Well now that I think about it being in the middle of the desert probably means that food probably doesn't wander by very often so it must stretch out the digestion of each meal so that it doesn't starve.

Never the less the poem was very funny.
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
I thought this would be Jim complaining that EA signed a deal to make Star Wars games, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Well done gents.
 

Mahoshonen

New member
Jul 28, 2008
358
0
0
I was going to do my usual "Jim and Yahtzee should be doing joint video reviews of games instead of poetry slamming" (and indeed I just did), I actually quite liked this one.

I have to ask you, Jim: Did you ever read the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy? If so what did you think of it?

EDIT: And seeing that it's been brought up, yes there is a EU explanation of the whole "Digested for a thousand years" line. And yes, it's as bloody stupid as everything** else in the EU.


**'Everything' being limited to the vast majority of material, not including the parts that are good because I say they are good, so there.
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,760
0
0
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee. Don't get me wrong they're both great, but I see it getting stale in the long term if it's just them every week. I'd love to see Bob, Gavin and the LRR crew getting involved in this as well.
If Graham and Paul are involved in one more show, I think they might form a singularity.

Plutar said:
"Spend your whole life just splashing about. Why do you think nobody's tried to get out?"

Mr. Fett would like to have a word with Yahtzee...
Nobody counts the EU.

canadamus_prime said:
Well now that I think about it being in the middle of the desert probably means that food probably doesn't wander by very often so it must stretch out the digestion of each meal so that it doesn't starve.

Never the less the poem was very funny.
In fact, Jawas fall in quite often. The only problem is, they're not very nutrtitious.
 

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
4,815
0
0
He has a point, it would dissolve your nerves so you wouldn't feel anything after a while. I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes after twenty years, with cool looking, battle damaged mandalorian armour. He would of course, be after Han Solo, while it wasn't entirely Han's fault, and Boba might forgive him, twenty years baking in the Tatooine dessert in a pouch of acid would prolly drive Boba crazy.

Any takers?
 

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
280
0
0
Not that I'm biased towards Star Wars or anything, but I think this may be my favorite one yet. Bravo to you both. I have to give the slight edge to Yahtzee this week, though.

EHKOS said:
.....I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes.....
The Dark Empire comic series from Dark Horse beat you to it. They had a run in '91-'92 that talks about his escape from the Sarlac.
 

RatherDashing89

New member
Jan 11, 2013
62
0
0
Jabba wasn't lying. But to him, a thousand-year weight loss program *is* torture.

Also, was Fett in the stomach long enough to be bestowed immortality by the preservative acids? Could Fett be, in fact, immortal now?
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
Yahtzee pointing out a silly plot element in a poignant manner, and Jim singing the praises of the underdogs of the STAR WARS universe, means another great episode of poetry. BravO!
Father Time said:
I thought this would be Jim complaining that EA signed a deal to make Star Wars games, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Well done gents.
Just be glad we're getting new STAR WARS games at all. Jim will most likely save it for an upcoming Jimquisition.
 

geldonyetich

New member
Aug 2, 2006
3,715
0
0
Both great readings, but I have to say, Yahtzee really struck gold on the idea of being in the belly of saarlac not such a torturous situation after all.
 

Superbun

New member
Sep 8, 2010
14
0
0
Is it just my computer or is Yahtzee's audio slightly out of sync with the video?
 

RTR

New member
Mar 22, 2008
1,351
0
0
I don't know why but I get the feeling that Yahtzee could seriously pull a General Zod look (Terrence Stamp, not Michael Shannon).
 

Jim And Yahtzee

New member
Apr 16, 2013
252
0
0
Darth_Payn said:
Yahtzee pointing out a silly plot element in a poignant manner, and Jim singing the praises of the underdogs of the STAR WARS universe, means another great episode of poetry. BravO!
Father Time said:
I thought this would be Jim complaining that EA signed a deal to make Star Wars games, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Well done gents.
Just be glad we're getting new STAR WARS games at all. Jim will most likely save it for an upcoming Jimquisition.
What's he going to say though?

He's on record as saying he's a fan of Dead Space, so he can't make the argument that the games are guaranteed to be crap.

Besides IIRC they are only going to be published by EA right?
 

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
4,797
0
0
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee.
Oh, this all the way. While I disagree that it would get stale with just them two, having even more people involved would just be excellent :D

This is, if they can write poetry of course =P

So yeah, definitely not complaining about current format, since I love it, but the odd cameo here and there might be a nice little thing to have.
 

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
3,226
0
0
EHKOS said:
He has a point, it would dissolve your nerves so you wouldn't feel anything after a while. I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes after twenty years, with cool looking, battle damaged mandalorian armour. He would of course, be after Han Solo, while it wasn't entirely Han's fault, and Boba might forgive him, twenty years baking in the Tatooine dessert in a pouch of acid would prolly drive Boba crazy.

Any takers?
I wanna story about Boba escaping from the Sarlac only to realize he's now stranded alone in the middle of a hot dry barren wasteland with no food or resources and after several days of wandering around finally deciding to return to the Sarlac pit and jump back in.

Compared to the rest of Tattoine the Sarlac pit is an oasis AND a fountain of youth, there'd even be other people to keep you company.
 

1nfinite_Cros5

New member
Mar 31, 2010
249
0
0
You know, I never noticed until now: Why isn't Yahtzee wearing his trilby? And why isn't he dressed in all white? And how come the walls to his apartment aren't completely yellow?

Oh well. At least we can still can him a fellow.
 

Yokta

New member
Mar 23, 2013
55
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlacc must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlacc's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?
Or, maybe Jabba lied to strike fear into the hearts of his captives without thinking too hard about what exactly he was saying. Just a thought.
 

Samudra

New member
Sep 14, 2012
11
0
0
OlasDAlmighty said:
EHKOS said:
He has a point, it would dissolve your nerves so you wouldn't feel anything after a while. I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes after twenty years, with cool looking, battle damaged mandalorian armour. He would of course, be after Han Solo, while it wasn't entirely Han's fault, and Boba might forgive him, twenty years baking in the Tatooine dessert in a pouch of acid would prolly drive Boba crazy.

Any takers?
I wanna story about Boba escaping from the Sarlac only to realize he's now stranded alone in the middle of a hot dry barren wasteland with no food or resources and after several days of wandering around finally deciding to return to the Sarlac pit and jump back in.

Compared to the rest of Tattoine the Sarlac pit is an oasis AND a fountain of youth, there'd even be other people to keep you company.
There was a story about Boba Fett excaping from the Sarlac, he made a small bomb from the remains of his jet pack or something, then crawled his way out all burnt and angry. Also I believe he destroyed IG-88 in that story too, awesome short story book about all of the Bounty Hunters Jim mentioned. I think it was called "Tales of the bounty Hunters" or something similar...
 

Fatheadicus

New member
Mar 16, 2009
9
0
0
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee. Don't get me wrong they're both great, but I see it getting stale in the long term if it's just them every week. I'd love to see Bob, Gavin and the LRR crew getting involved in this as well.
I would like to politely voice my approval of this suggestion. Especially considering the enjoyment got from the recent Escapist collaboration on blowing up the death star.

Regards,
 

Infernai

New member
Apr 14, 2009
2,605
0
0
Plutar said:
"Spend your whole life just splashing about. Why do you think nobody's tried to get out?"

Mr. Fett would like to have a word with Yahtzee...
Zachary Amaranth said:
Nobody counts the EU.
Well some people do, we just employ selective canon with 99% of it.

For example: I consider the Dark forces/Jedi Knight games canon, just as i consider Boba Fett escaping the sarlacc by blowing it's guts up so the thing would throw him up canon. The first force unleashed is also canon in my head...but ONLY the first one.

I also acknowledge the descendants of Han Solo and Leia as well as Luke and Mara Jade Existed at some point..

Beyond that, Star wars Ended at Jedi Academy for me. Which is good because it means all the incredibly stupid shit didn't happen.
 

zvate

New member
Aug 12, 2010
140
0
0
One made me laugh and the other made me go 'hmmm' (in a thought provoking kinda way).
So lots of fun, thanks for the poetry.
 

Serinanth

New member
Apr 29, 2009
135
0
0
For fucks sake Yahtzee get a mic screen, your inhalation is a distraction.

Props to both though on their prose.
 

Mayamellissa

New member
Dec 3, 2011
169
0
0
I honestly will give this week's win to Yahtzee although I am so freaking torn. THEY WERE BOTH AMAZING!
 

KaZuYa

New member
Mar 23, 2013
191
0
0
Jim missed off Ragerty Andy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QJYZ2b0i4M
 

themilo504

New member
May 9, 2010
731
0
0
They finally managed to actually have them both rhyme.

I?m just being mean I really like the serie so far and im normally not a fan of poetry.
 

rembrandtqeinstein

New member
Sep 4, 2009
2,173
0
0
the line
rhyming sarlac and bollox
made me spit my coffee

great job to both, I think yahtzee has the presentation and he does good crazy eyes
 

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
1,786
0
0
I'm now imagining a Python-esque scene where there's two guys about to be fed to the Sarlacc, and after Jabba mentions the specs of this desert creature they call him on his bull shit by using the exact same evidence Yahtzee did here.
 

proghead

New member
Apr 17, 2010
118
0
0
Longstreet said:
Yathzee wins this one, for two reasons. First i had to laugh a bit, second i could actually follow his. With jim half the time i didnt know what he was going on about.
Same here. Guess we're not as big Star Wars nerds as Jim?
 

penthesilea180

New member
Jul 25, 2010
74
0
0
This is a great video series. I love the "Tales From..." books. Now I want to reread all of them along with the X-wing series. Too bad Lucas Arts is going away. I guess I'll go play KoTOR again.