Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Stanza Wars

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Stanza Wars

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
Really good ones this week. Too bad about the struggle on both accounts...at least that's what I assume Jim's edits were supposed to be for.

Daygall65

Onward!
Dec 11, 2011
Jim my god thank you for you! That music in the background of yours is bringing back my childhood, Dark Forces!! *cries manly tears of happier times*

Bravo both bravo both, but Jim wins this one for me just because of the background music!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee. Don't get me wrong they're both great, but I see it getting stale in the long term if it's just them every week. I'd love to see Bob, Gavin and the LRR crew getting involved in this as well.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Yathzee wins this one, for two reasons. First i had to laugh a bit, second i could actually follow his. With jim half the time i didnt know what he was going on about.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlak must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlak's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
jim i 100% agree with you, i always loved the bounty hunters more than any other group in star wars. bossk especially looked badass to me as a kid

Plutar

Mar 17, 2011
"Spend your whole life just splashing about. Why do you think nobody's tried to get out?"

Mr. Fett would like to have a word with Yahtzee...

rayen020

May 20, 2009
ooh. It's really close this week. Yahtzee Touched on a plot hole i've always wondered about. But Jim's Hauntingly beautiful The Bounty Hunters wins this week.

Score:
Yahtzee - 2
Jim - 2.5

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlak must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlak's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?
I always thought it just lay around waiting for animals to fall into it's pit. Jabba using it as an execution device is just a bonus to it.

I feel that Jim's poem is better this week. I never really noticed or cared about the bounty hunters before now.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
kailus13 said:
canadamus_prime said:
I always thought it just lay around waiting for animals to fall into it's pit. Jabba using it as an execution device is just a bonus to it.

I feel that Jim's poem is better this week. I never really noticed or cared about the bounty hunters before now.
Well now that I think about it being in the middle of the desert probably means that food probably doesn't wander by very often so it must stretch out the digestion of each meal so that it doesn't starve.

Never the less the poem was very funny.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I was going to do my usual "Jim and Yahtzee should be doing joint video reviews of games instead of poetry slamming" (and indeed I just did), I actually quite liked this one.

I have to ask you, Jim: Did you ever read the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy? If so what did you think of it?

EDIT: And seeing that it's been brought up, yes there is a EU explanation of the whole "Digested for a thousand years" line. And yes, it's as bloody stupid as everything** else in the EU.

**'Everything' being limited to the vast majority of material, not including the parts that are good because I say they are good, so there.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee. Don't get me wrong they're both great, but I see it getting stale in the long term if it's just them every week. I'd love to see Bob, Gavin and the LRR crew getting involved in this as well.
If Graham and Paul are involved in one more show, I think they might form a singularity.

Plutar said:
"Spend your whole life just splashing about. Why do you think nobody's tried to get out?"

Mr. Fett would like to have a word with Yahtzee...
Nobody counts the EU.

canadamus_prime said:
Well now that I think about it being in the middle of the desert probably means that food probably doesn't wander by very often so it must stretch out the digestion of each meal so that it doesn't starve.

Never the less the poem was very funny.
In fact, Jawas fall in quite often. The only problem is, they're not very nutrtitious.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
He has a point, it would dissolve your nerves so you wouldn't feel anything after a while. I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes after twenty years, with cool looking, battle damaged mandalorian armour. He would of course, be after Han Solo, while it wasn't entirely Han's fault, and Boba might forgive him, twenty years baking in the Tatooine dessert in a pouch of acid would prolly drive Boba crazy.

Any takers?

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
Not that I'm biased towards Star Wars or anything, but I think this may be my favorite one yet. Bravo to you both. I have to give the slight edge to Yahtzee this week, though.

EHKOS said:
.....I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes.....
The Dark Empire comic series from Dark Horse beat you to it. They had a run in '91-'92 that talks about his escape from the Sarlac.