Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Stanza Wars

RatherDashing89

Jan 11, 2013
Jabba wasn't lying. But to him, a thousand-year weight loss program *is* torture.

Also, was Fett in the stomach long enough to be bestowed immortality by the preservative acids? Could Fett be, in fact, immortal now?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Yahtzee pointing out a silly plot element in a poignant manner, and Jim singing the praises of the underdogs of the STAR WARS universe, means another great episode of poetry. BravO!
Father Time said:
I thought this would be Jim complaining that EA signed a deal to make Star Wars games, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Well done gents.
Just be glad we're getting new STAR WARS games at all. Jim will most likely save it for an upcoming Jimquisition.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Both great readings, but I have to say, Yahtzee really struck gold on the idea of being in the belly of saarlac not such a torturous situation after all.

Superbun

Sep 8, 2010
Is it just my computer or is Yahtzee's audio slightly out of sync with the video?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I don't know why but I get the feeling that Yahtzee could seriously pull a General Zod look (Terrence Stamp, not Michael Shannon).

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee.
Oh, this all the way. While I disagree that it would get stale with just them two, having even more people involved would just be excellent :D

This is, if they can write poetry of course =P

So yeah, definitely not complaining about current format, since I love it, but the odd cameo here and there might be a nice little thing to have.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
EHKOS said:
He has a point, it would dissolve your nerves so you wouldn't feel anything after a while. I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes after twenty years, with cool looking, battle damaged mandalorian armour. He would of course, be after Han Solo, while it wasn't entirely Han's fault, and Boba might forgive him, twenty years baking in the Tatooine dessert in a pouch of acid would prolly drive Boba crazy.

Any takers?
I wanna story about Boba escaping from the Sarlac only to realize he's now stranded alone in the middle of a hot dry barren wasteland with no food or resources and after several days of wandering around finally deciding to return to the Sarlac pit and jump back in.

Compared to the rest of Tattoine the Sarlac pit is an oasis AND a fountain of youth, there'd even be other people to keep you company.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
You know, I never noticed until now: Why isn't Yahtzee wearing his trilby? And why isn't he dressed in all white? And how come the walls to his apartment aren't completely yellow?

Oh well. At least we can still can him a fellow.

Yokta

Mar 23, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
Yahtzee's poem brings up a good point. The sarlacc must have a rather odd metabolism if it takes a thousand years to digest something, and also it probably doesn't eat very often, like probably once a millennium. Did it just so happen to be the sarlacc's once a millennium feeding time during Return of the Jedi?
Or, maybe Jabba lied to strike fear into the hearts of his captives without thinking too hard about what exactly he was saying. Just a thought.

Samudra

Sep 14, 2012
OlasDAlmighty said:
EHKOS said:
He has a point, it would dissolve your nerves so you wouldn't feel anything after a while. I was actually planing to write a fan fiction where Boba escapes after twenty years, with cool looking, battle damaged mandalorian armour. He would of course, be after Han Solo, while it wasn't entirely Han's fault, and Boba might forgive him, twenty years baking in the Tatooine dessert in a pouch of acid would prolly drive Boba crazy.

Any takers?
I wanna story about Boba escaping from the Sarlac only to realize he's now stranded alone in the middle of a hot dry barren wasteland with no food or resources and after several days of wandering around finally deciding to return to the Sarlac pit and jump back in.

Compared to the rest of Tattoine the Sarlac pit is an oasis AND a fountain of youth, there'd even be other people to keep you company.
There was a story about Boba Fett excaping from the Sarlac, he made a small bomb from the remains of his jet pack or something, then crawled his way out all burnt and angry. Also I believe he destroyed IG-88 in that story too, awesome short story book about all of the Bounty Hunters Jim mentioned. I think it was called "Tales of the bounty Hunters" or something similar...

Fatheadicus

Mar 16, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm thinking this should become an all-inclusive Escapist thing, rather than just Jim and Yahtzee. Don't get me wrong they're both great, but I see it getting stale in the long term if it's just them every week. I'd love to see Bob, Gavin and the LRR crew getting involved in this as well.
I would like to politely voice my approval of this suggestion. Especially considering the enjoyment got from the recent Escapist collaboration on blowing up the death star.

Regards,

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Plutar said:
"Spend your whole life just splashing about. Why do you think nobody's tried to get out?"

Mr. Fett would like to have a word with Yahtzee...
Zachary Amaranth said:
Nobody counts the EU.
Well some people do, we just employ selective canon with 99% of it.

For example: I consider the Dark forces/Jedi Knight games canon, just as i consider Boba Fett escaping the sarlacc by blowing it's guts up so the thing would throw him up canon. The first force unleashed is also canon in my head...but ONLY the first one.

I also acknowledge the descendants of Han Solo and Leia as well as Luke and Mara Jade Existed at some point..

Beyond that, Star wars Ended at Jedi Academy for me. Which is good because it means all the incredibly stupid shit didn't happen.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
One made me laugh and the other made me go 'hmmm' (in a thought provoking kinda way).
So lots of fun, thanks for the poetry.

Serinanth

Apr 29, 2009
For fucks sake Yahtzee get a mic screen, your inhalation is a distraction.

Props to both though on their prose.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
I honestly will give this week's win to Yahtzee although I am so freaking torn. THEY WERE BOTH AMAZING!