Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Dark Syde

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
The Dark Syde

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Oh Ben, you make it sound like a fairly dark story as always.
The ending only made it more enjoyable.

And Jim ... holy crap you almost made me spit out my soda, for it almost made me fall on the floor laughing, in a good way obviously. The accent was the best part of all, it sounded like a certain Youtuber, but I won't spoil it until we can all merrily chat about it in the comments ... and probably shit on him some more.

Another good week, and I shall enjoy the next one as well. :D

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
I enjoyed Yahtzee's bit, it certainly wouldn't be that great to have no criticism, then we wouldn't have the chance to listen to these two nuts.

And Jim......I liked the poem, I really did, the accent was good, but I have no idea what that was...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
A world without criticism. Wouldn't that be a beautiful place? ...until it burns to the ground?

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Yahtzee's part was great as usual, but I think I'm missing something about Jim's.

Was it about 95% of "review" videos on youtube, or aimed at anyone in particular? Either way, it was funny.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
Jimothy Sterling said:
This might help those who are stuck on the subject of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A
I keep going back and forth: is it more sad or hilarious?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Jim's poem really sounds like me when the enemy charge up their lovely wands of lag compensation death upon me in shooters. Except I speak in a more English manner, obviously. Though I know it's about MGS.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:

Ah, that was not what I thought it would be. I thought you were doing your David Cage voice (slightly off due to yelling) and the joke was that actual gameplay in videogames just confuses the hell out of him. The "like and subscribe" line does make a lot more sense now.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
HA! Not sure if ya planned it, but today's poems work very well together.

One about no criticism, and one about BAD criticism. xD

Did you guys plan this?
At any rate, well done! :D

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I like Yahtzee's poem. It's very clearly about the price of stamps.

Palademon said:
I'm so glad that shitting on DSP is now an industry wide pass time.
I think there are a few people still not in on it.

canadamus_prime said:
A world without criticism. Wouldn't that be a beautiful place? ...until it burns to the ground?
Honestly, it burning to the ground might be the pinnacle of beauty. I get the tenets of "don't be a dick," but the fact that constructive criticism or negative feedback is immediately considered caustic is a really big problem. Possisbly a bug in humanity, but I wouldn't want to be accused of playing it wrong.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I kinda thought Jim was talking about most reviewers in general, but I'm not surprised to hear it's specifically about DSP.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
Arslan Aladeen said:
I kinda thought Jim was talking about most reviewers in general, but I'm not surprised to hear it's specifically about DSP.
The title (The Dark Syde) is a pretty blatant giveaway. That being said, it took me a while to make the connection, but that's only because I've tried so hard to forget that DSP even exists. And now I have to crack open the emergency whiskey and start forgetting all over again....ugh.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
*applause* Nice job on the accent, Jim! The poem was nicely put together and all but the performance iced the cake.

ehsteve88

Sep 6, 2010
Jim Sterling speaking with an american accent my be the most horrifying thing I have ever heard.

Aug 1, 2010
Palademon said:
I'm so glad that shitting on DSP is now an industry wide pass time.
It's kind of astonishing to me how widespread it's gotten.

I mean, the dude still only has about 150K subscribers. Nothing to scoff at, but by no means popular in the grand scheme of Youtube. I guess if you're terrible enough, you can break the bonds of conventional popularity.

Still, it's quite hilarious and fun to see even the more... "respectable" people taking shots at him.

I also like when Yahtzee does social commentary. Very interesting stuff.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:

OK, thanks Jim, I'm now more informed on what this was about. I need to do more research into DSP to know whether he is genuinely really bad at a games, or just a really good troll. Either way, it seems to make money for him :/