Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Dark Syde

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
grimner said:
I wasn't in on it. And it's like discovering the El Dorado of trainwrecks.

I am currently watching him play Dark Souls and... wow.
Oh wow, I haven't seen the Dark Souls bit yet. Now I must go watch. Immediately.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
This might help those who are stuck on the subject of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A
Oh I see.

Yeah... gotta say... the old proverb still stands here. If you have to explain the joke... Sorry. :(
I did not explain the joke. There was context some people did not have, because that is how parody works.

If you're gonna sling proverbs around, make sure you understand 'em first. :)
Well if you have to show them a PICTURE of the damn aardvark...

(Ya see what I did there? Nope? Context, people! Context!)

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Or to put it another way, the guy in the youtube video is clearly taking the p-ss, surely?

It's like trying to parody the "I speak Jive" scene from "Airplane". It's already supposed to be dumb!

EDIT - or am I giving the guy (not Jim, the guy in the youtube video) way too much credit here? People here apparently think he's serious... I dunno, it seems like a "Nostalgia Critic"-esque performance to me.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
This might help those who are stuck on the subject of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A
Jesus...I watched all of it, and god dammit that was painful. I think the highlight was how proud he was when he essentially cheated the sorrow. I was actually wondering all the way up to that point why he was using tranq, didn't really fit. Thank you so much for showing this to us Jim. Was a great laugh for me.

krythia

Jul 31, 2013
Best one yet. You both (each?) get funnier and sharper the more you do. Voltaire and Twain of the game review world? Or maybe Swift and Voltaire? Whatever it is, you've got it.