Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Quest Not Taken

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
The Quest Not Taken

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Daft Time

Apr 15, 2013
Well, you just summed up my entire emotional experience with the information with the new Thief so far. Nice work Yahtzee!

Edit: Derped spelling.

Serious Business

Feb 11, 2013
Wow. Just Wow. If I had to pick a winner... I'd call it a draw this time.

(yeah yeah, I know it's not a competition, but let's be honest... it is.)

2 spectacular poems as always!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Jim wins. No ifs ands or buts. Yahtzee's limerick was good, describing the tortured development of thief(4???). but jim's poem reminded me of this [http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update%201/] and i have to give it to him.

yahtzee - 2
Jim - 3.5

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Can you guys have guests on the series? It's getting kinda stale...

I mean, I still enjoy it but it's getting predictable.

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
Oh yes, Animal Crossing's insane logic.
Tom Nook isn't trust worthy.
A raccoon dealing in lies and deceit.
He is nothing but a loan shark.
For a crook is certainly he.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Thief 2 also had tons of cut scenes.
Hasn?t basically everybody made the tom nook is evil joke already?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
The upcoming Thief sequel/reboot/cash-in might just be the one game that breaks Yahtzee's spirit completely. Was feeling positive that Thief was coming back... until the details started leaking out and that's when my positivity went down faster than a Kardashian being promised a film career in exchange for sexual favors.

Great job, boys! Nice 5 O'clock shadow, Jim.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Ah not dealing with Nook's BS is a major reason I'm so looking forward to new leaf since the tables have turned, I'm the mayor and own the town this time. To Nook I say, "Who's the Boss NOW?!"

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
rayen020 said:
Jim wins. No ifs ands or buts. Yahtzee's limerick was good, describing the tortured development of thief(4???). but jim's poem reminded me of this [http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update%201/] and i have to give it to him.

yahtzee - 2
Jim - 3.5
I'm going to have to disagree. "Small" and "fool" don't rhyme, and there were a couple others that were kind of a stretch but sounded similar because of the way he pronounced them. Some of the verses were a little long and clunky too. I realize Yahtzee's had a part that didn't rhyme either, but it was intentional, made a point, and was funny. It could also be that Jim's just didn't hold anything personal for me because I've never played Animal Crossing. It doesn't really sound like that much fun. I couldn't get into Harvest Moon either.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Okay, after Yahtzee's one I thought he'd "won" this one for sure, and then Jim matches it superbly.

Fantastic work this week, gents.

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
I think I preferred Yahtzee's better this week. Although, is it just me, or is the lip syncing a bit off for his?

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
Jim's poem, whether he realises it or not, is actually a witty commentary on the set-up of real life society.