Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Quest Not Taken

zacharyk88

Oct 30, 2011
omg these were both amazing good work guys! I loved animal crossing but i did get slightly annoyed that Tom always forced you to get a bigger house when you've paid your debt.

RodSk8Dude

Nov 10, 2012
Very good videos. Although I prefered the first ones that were more about the game industry in general, probably because the ones more focused on specific games haven't talked about a game I really like/played.

Let me try doing one too:

Saints Row 2 was an awesome game
that really filled me with joy
But then.. came out Saints Row 3, and now 4
whose trailer, for a fan of the old one like me, was apparently made to annoy

With that statement
I guess you know my feelings for Saints Row 4
Looking at the trailer, full of lens flare and Dubstep
I can't wait for more!

Now you can fly and run pretty fast too
All they changed probably wasn't more than 1 KB of information
Who needs undershirts, overshirts and coats?
No one cares about such an in-depth customization

And don't they even care to change the setting a little
The city looks exactly the same to me
Oh but don't mind about that!
I'm pretty sure they'll release a new map in a DLC!

Now you are the president
who must deffend the planet from aliens invading
I don't really mind the sillyness
As long as they at least try to improve the car handling

MisterColeman

Mar 19, 2009
I've been re-watching this all day. I played so much Animal Crossing. The Th4if one was good too though.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Both were excellent. I like the stylistic difference there. Yahtzee plays with the format of the words and the syntax more, trying to tie different versus together using the ryhming. Jim's is more straightforward, but flows and builds in intensity very well. You guys need a better title card for this series though, I almost didn't click it because of how unimpressive it looked.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I had to stop the video right at the beginning just so I could stop laughing in order to hear the rest. Yahtzee's face and the cowl were just too much. These videos are simply a wonderful thing, keep them coming!

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
That voice actor/motion capture argument is such bullshit they must know it them selves. The Best character this year, arguably one of the best in this generation was Elizabeth from Bioshock. She has one voice actress, one motion performance actress and one model. The advantage of a digital medium is that you can pick and choose not just the actor, but the traits from the actors you want.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
I have to give this one to Yahtzee, sure on a technical level he's not as good, but something about his ramblings touch me to the core, last time Jim touched me to the core... well I'm still in therapy for that.

That said, does anyone else what to see a Jim and Yahtzee sitcom? I mean after Escapist Expo and now these, they play so well off of each other it'd be a shame if it never happened. D:

Hellfireboy

Mar 11, 2013
Brilliant, both of you. I had never played Animal Crossing so I was unaware that there was a game out there that accurately simulated the modern western credit system of cyclic debt and working entirely for the profit of someone else. Learned something

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
I am also quite depressed for the new Thief game that's in the works.
I've heard a lot of crap that's going on currently with it, and let me say this, when I saw the first screenshots, I knew somewhere that it'll never be the Thief game many others have played or will be wanting.

penthesilea180

Jul 25, 2010
Animal Crossing becomes a much darker game if you think of it as perpetual debt peonage. At least Tom Nook can't take your daughter as payment.

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
My gf adores Yahtzee slinking out of the frame the way he does.
Finds it hilarious : p

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Yahtzee's one was better for me so thus far is 2:1 in Jim's favor in my book.

Can't wait for the next one.