Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Storyteller's Curse

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
The Storyteller's Curse

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Steve2911

May 3, 2010
I thought Jim was specifically talking about The Order at first (the devs have apparently been working on the lore and world since 2006, but the gameplay seems to be little more than a TPS with QTEs). The modern war and multiplayer stuff seems to contradict that though.

Good stuff!

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Yahtzee's poem had me in stitches; especially the sock puppet he used as a backup singer. XD

I enjoyed yours as well, Jim. The ending almost made me want to track down a pack of fuckwits from marketing and castrate them with a rusty olive fork... until your dog popped into the video. Then I suddenly felt much better. ^_^ Nothing like a shot of a cute pet to take the edge off.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Oh look at the widdle doggie, pat his head and call him Chips.

Anyway, decent poems, and I loved Yahtzee's poetry companion.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Steve2911 said:
I thought Jim was specifically talking about The Order at first
I thought he was talking about Final Fantasy until he turned it around into bringing up shooters.

Sounded very much like it could have gone into a diatribe about the saga of Lightning, or Final Fantasy XV.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
Yahtzee's was good, but I'm left wondering if the sock puppet will be a regular thing.

And Mr. Sterling's poem was... tragic. I mean, it's a great poem, but the subject is a tragic tale. people wonder if games really are an art form, and it sure doesn't feel like it when we hear stories of great games dropping their creative spark in favor of guns guns guns, or when people are told outright that a main character cannot under any circumstance be a female.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Even Resident Evil 5 had punching rocks in it.

Also, I'm liking that Bartleby is getting more screen time!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Evonisia said:
Oh look at the widdle doggie, pat his head and call him Chips.

Anyway, decent poems, and I loved Yahtzee's poetry companion.
[https://imageshack.com/i/ngiseewhatyoudidtherealsoj]

Loved the poems today. The side kicks in them were welcomed treats. :)

Pandering be damned! MORE PETS, AND PUPPETS!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Yay, you guys introduced sidekicks! More of Bartleby and the Sock please! Also, which of the last two games did Yahtzee refer to? I want to say one of them was Day Z, or one of those he reviewed in his Early Access video.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Darth_Payn said:
Yay, you guys introduced sidekicks! More of Bartleby and the Sock please!
I would watch the shit out of a new feature entitled The Adventures of Bartleby and Sock.

Just sayin'