Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The VGX Gag Reel

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
deathbydeath said:
I can't help but feel like Yahtzee just defended AAA publishers. Aren't we supposed to lynch people for that?
No. The boring King who hadn't earned its status or power for any other reason for its names are AAA publishers, and the quick witted Jester is the indie publisher (I'm pretty sure the line about "begging for every copper" from the crowd is a reference to indie developers having to turn to crowd funding ala Kick Starter, but that may just be me...)

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
TiberiusEsuriens said:
That's how I felt. I mean, just in the first minute of that video alone you can see Geoff Keighley cringing into the corner of the room, trying to get off screen. His averted gaze and sad eyes scream, "This guy is a massive douche bag and I don't want to be associated with him." Upon looking up he sees only Oblivion. His mouth opens as if to speak, to defend gaming's honor, but then recoils in fear, afraid to get that much stupid redirected at him.
Right, because Geoff Keighley, the Doritos Pope, is going to be defending gaming's honor. That man's more shill than IGN could ever hope to be.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Both great poems, as pretty much always, but as a white male I'm somewhat perturbed that I'm expected to find "transgender surgery" funny. We're not all cunts you know, even in a comedic setting.

FogBird said:
Maybe Yahtzee is trolling us?
King = publishers, jester = LPers. That's how I read it.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
GrinningCat said:
TiberiusEsuriens said:
That's how I felt. I mean, just in the first minute of that video alone you can see Geoff Keighley cringing into the corner of the room, trying to get off screen. His averted gaze and sad eyes scream, "This guy is a massive douche bag and I don't want to be associated with him." Upon looking up he sees only Oblivion. His mouth opens as if to speak, to defend gaming's honor, but then recoils in fear, afraid to get that much stupid redirected at him.
Right, because Geoff Keighley, the Doritos Pope, is going to be defending gaming's honor. That man's more shill than IGN could ever hope to be.
Every man has his limits. I think Geoff just found his. Based on what you said it still fits. He has looked into the void and seen his own mortality. He knows that in his present course he will become the evil he is seated with. He must change. He must evolve...

Ok, I got nothing. I'm going to try and do work now.

Oss182

Dec 12, 2013
The King is supposed to represent Geoff Keighley and the people that put together the VGX, and the Jester is Joel Mchale. One is a "game journalist", the other a "comedian".

The king in disguised trying to put together a show targeting an audience he doesn't know how to approach and entertain, and the Jester wearing the crown trying to host an award show for a medium that he doesn't understand or cares about.

vgmaster831

Jack of No Trades
Dec 15, 2010
Is it just me, or did Jim pretty scathingly criticize the gaming community at the end of his poem? "When really, it's the show this shithole deserves." That seems to be a pretty harsh criticism of the industry and even the community. I don't know how I feel about it, and this community definitely has its problems.

Xardas

Mar 28, 2012
Jolly good lads! I really enjoyed this weeks episode with a glass of cold tap water in hand, after all it's -10 C here in Bulgaria.