Jimquisition: Angry Birds Is Not Sh*t

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
Mid-Boss said:
I refer you to my newest post: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.311573-Fox-News-Attacks-Environmentally-Conscious-Games?page=10#12616262

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
UltraHammer said:
Mid-Boss said:
I refer you to my newest post: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.311573-Fox-News-Attacks-Environmentally-Conscious-Games?page=10#12616262
Wow, you must be the one person on this website that actually willing watches that channel. No thanks. I get my daily dose of ignorance and racism from my conservative co workers. Couldn't possibly stomach any more.

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
Mid-Boss said:
Wow, you must be the one person on this website that actually willing watches that channel. No thanks. I get my daily dose of ignorance and racism from my conservative co workers. Couldn't possibly stomach any more.
"I am going to automatically dismiss your argument without reading it all. Or at least, without actually arguing against it." Smooth.

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
UltraHammer said:
Mid-Boss said:
"I am going to automatically dismiss your argument without reading it all. Or at least, without actually arguing against it." Smooth.
I'm sorry. I guess only Fox can get away with doing that.

Superabound

Jan 13, 2010
The problem i have with the whole Angry Birds thing isnt that its popular per se, but that the time effort and money spent on the incessant and mind-numbingly blatant, beat-you-over-the-head-with-it marketing campaign for this shit far FAR outstrips that put into the development of the game itself. They have spent millions and millions on Superbowl ads, movie tie-ins, t-shirts and merchandise, and even paid mentions in scripted television shows all for a goddamn flash browser game. Its insane. Triple-A titles dont get this much hype.

Although that is pretty much the Apple M.O. for every product they sell--5% product, 95% convincing people theyre not cool unless they buy it. And Angry Birds probably does have the distinction of being the only game predominately available on an Apple platform since, i dont know, Escape Velocity Override?

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
I took it for granted that Angry Birds was good/great/fun, at least until I played it.

Now I think it's shit, based entirely on its own merits.

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
Furrama said:
Go make your own show if you think you can do better, bitching here isn't winning you any favors. In fact, you're only adding to his view count and revenue.

Ees good thing, no?:3

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I'm a PC gamer because I like the mouse & keyboard combo (& because I'm cheap & will often pause a video game to browse websites). I imagine console gamers play consoles because they like gamepads & can actually focus on something for more than 2 seconds.