Jimquisition: Angry Birds Is Not Sh*t

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Angry Birds Is Not Sh*t

The angriest bird on the Internet brings righteous fury to the masses and rails against those who despise Angry Birds for no good reason at all. Bask in the truth, simpleton!

Watch Video

personion

Dec 6, 2010
I never liked Angry Birds, and I think its because I played crush the castle first, and when I saw it I just thought "been there, done that". Your review actually informed me that crush the castle wasn't completely original, which is cool. Still though, Angry Birds doesn't appeal to me, but I have to say that you are correct in many respects.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Soo, this is a news report? Hell, why should I bother, I WANT MINUTES OF MY LIFE BACK!
Damn me and wanting to give him a chance.

bobtail123

Sep 26, 2010
I totally agree. It may not be incredibly innovative but it is fun, easy to pick up and tremendous value. Another good point Jim.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
I can't afford a smart phone so... yeah. Most people can't, and those of us who could get a console can't have both. I'm sure the game is wonderful, but is it worth all the extra money monthly?

SvenBTB said:
Shesh. This isn't going to help anyone's opinion of Jim Sterling. Seriously? "Angry Birds it not shit?" as an episode? Well yea, no SHIT (no pun intended), everyone plays it, gamers and "non-gamers" alike. That's like saying "Cereal IS edible!" Way to contribute, Jim. Your show, unlike Angry Birds, IS still shit.

I don't even have to watch the damn thing to know how shit it is. I only had to watch the first one, and look at all the subsequent episodes titles ALONE to know it's utter shit.
Go make your own show if you think you can do better, bitching here isn't winning you any favors. In fact, you're only adding to his view count and revenue.

Aug 1, 2010
No , it's not shit, it has just been done before MANY times and done far better. Crush the Castle was better, and many games like it were better. Plus, MANY people think that it IS creative and new without giving the source material any due.

It's that simple Jim. And I have never seen any self respecting gamer actually think that it's the fall of gaming.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
This one pretty much fought the point of WHY Angry Birds is shit. It's unoriginal, unimpressive, and lacks any major changes from free Flash games (including level design), yet sold like hotcakes.

As Jim said himself, Rovio made a fine game, as in, average. Yet it has been sucked up into the vacuous void of mobile gaming, which didn't have much going for it at the time.

Aside from that, the main cause of animosity toward Angry Birds in my experience comes from the kind of people who buy into it. Not content with just owning and playing it, but buying the merchandise and parading it as if it's some phenomenal breakthrough in gaming, when it isn't. It's just a popular game in a (once shallow) game pool.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I should buy it one of these days. But all the free version demo like the one for the "Rio" movie more than sated my Angry Birds needs.

ManupBatman

Jun 23, 2011
SvenBTB said:
Shesh. This isn't going to help anyone's opinion of Jim Sterling. Seriously? "Angry Birds it not shit?" as an episode? Well yea, no SHIT (no pun intended), everyone plays it, gamers and "non-gamers" alike. That's like saying "Cereal IS edible!" Way to contribute, Jim. Your show, unlike Angry Birds, IS still shit.

I don't even have to watch the damn thing to know how shit it is. I only had to watch the first one, and look at all the subsequent episodes titles ALONE to know it's utter shit.
Did you even watch the episode? It's not a review, it's telling people to get over the stigma of something popular. Like CoD or WoW bashing. While all these are perfectly serviceable if not bland.

Which is the point.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
MrDeckard said:
It's that simple Jim. And I have never seen any self respecting gamer actually think that it's the fall of gaming.
I don't think anyone really believes it, I just think they say it to get attention. Personally I don't like the game as I liked Crush the Castle better but blatantly ripping off mechanics has been a game industry policy for years now so I'm not up in arms against it.

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Its good, i even got it on my shitty android phone(and it runs pretty nice when the background is turned off).
But as many people pointed out, its just a ripoff of a concept and gets the praise of being the inventor.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I still haven't played it myself. But that's mostly because I don't like physics puzzle games really.

bit_crusherrr

Jan 21, 2011
Angry Birds is a decent game.

The only thing that pissed me off is its £6ish on PC yet 99p on iPhone or free on Android. I feel the same way about Plants vs Zombies.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
I can only take Angry Birds in 5 minute increments before getting bored. Is it a fine 5 minute waste of time? Absolutely. But anything beyond that and I have to bid it Adieu, Au Revoir and Bon Voyage.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I believe the hatred of the game is based solely on the power of fluke. As gamers we are familiar with the countless flash games from newgrounds to armorgames that have games like this and we have played many of them and they all seem better or don't seem any worse than angry birds and yet this game is getting all the attention like it's genuinely something special.

I actually got to play the game before it really took off and I only played it for a minute and returned back to playing the usual games I play. It just wasn't interesting to me cause it's not doing anything for me. it's popularity is probably due to the market of gamers who own those devices that don't have the experience to know just how familiar that game and it's mechanics are in the general scheme of the Internet. And it's hard to support anything that becomes successful purely through the ignorance of it's consumers.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
My mother actually couldn't understand Angry Birds. That was the point at which I gave up trying to get her into games.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Where are all these people talking shit about Angry Birds? I've not seen anyone talking like this.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I've played and enjoyed games like Crush the Castle, Worms, etc. and can do so for free anytime I want on Armor Games or Kongregate.

Still, that doesn't make Angry Birds bad, it's just that I don't personally have a reason to play it. I'm pretty tired of all the Angry Birds whining as well.