Jimquisition: Bonus Jimquisition: Among the Sleep Preview

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Bonus Jimquisition: Among the Sleep Preview

Among the Sleep is an upcoming horror game, all about being a two-year-old child. Yeah, it's spooky!

Watch Video

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Best commentary ever?

Although trying to get us excited for a horror game while making us laugh may not be the best tactic... I am not sure I will be able to play this game without remembering what you said.

It does look quite interesting though, I like it when developers come up with new ways of making a genre work. It also allows for quite a bit of freedom considering it's based upon dreams, as they don't have to explain anything if they don't want to.

22 days to go and $20 for a pre-order. Hmmm, I think I will consider it.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
As a kid who grew up in a haunted house in the Philippines, you might say you've had dreams about moving things, etc, but a dream is different from experiencing your bed shake violently when there's no earthquake and it almost seems like it's deliberate since you're under a blanket and you can't see(and are afraid) of what's making the bed shake, because that's what I went through throughout my childhood(amongst numerous other things)

It used to happen at exactly 3am, since I'd peek once the bed violently stopped shaking and it would always be 3:01am, It's been a few years since I experienced such a thing, and I'm glad to report that ever since being here in the US, I've only experienced one paranormal experience and that was my laptop light(it's was a Dell Inspiron that was released back from the 90s) turning on on it's own at exactly 3am as well, it's not as malicious and malevolent as what it was back in the old house I used to live in.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
I like the concept very much and the infant perspective is done rather nicely. The atmosphere looks quite cool too, but the game itself looks a little boring so far. Nothing exactly happened during the demo. I'll wait until there's some reviews post-release.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Jim Sterling quick looks are a thing I could get behind.

I'd like to support this on kickstarter but I don't have the cash at the moment, maybe I will before the it is over in a few weeks, because so far this actually looks pretty creepy.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
God Damnit Jim, i'm excited to see a 12 minute video of Among the Sleep and you make it unbearable by feeling the need to add a lame, grating joke every minute.

Thanks for nothing. (Is there another long Video of AtS without commentary?...Youtube only seems to give me the old trailer/2 Minute Gameplay)

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
That reminds me a point - Jim, weren't you to be a Miniature for the Zpocalypse Aftermath [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greenbriergames/zpocalypse-aftermath-this-time-the-living-are-risi?ref=category] game? What happened there?

OT - I would pledge, but I'm already pledging on a few things that look very much like they are going to fund soon. Sorry.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
I actually really enjoy these Jimquisitions where something just kinda gets previewed, in fact it would be nice if it was like a regular installment kind of thing. Anyways, looks creepy enough, I might give it a try when it comes out.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
A horror game where you play as a two year old? Genius. The game would allow the developers to play to the player's most basest of fears, and manipulate the environment in manner that seems logical to a toddler that has only just begun to discover the world.

I'm in. Let's do this game!

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
I thought you said that after A:CM you were done with previews? sorry if I'm mistaken...

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Seeing kid in the game crawl reminded me of alien from classic Alien versus Predator. I have a weird mind XD
Commentary was ... charming, like an Enya video. Thanks for showing this Jim, haven't heard of it before

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Why don't wee see these sorts of games within mainstream gaming any more? I'm glad the indie teams are doing so well with the horror genre but it's a sad state of affairs when these games only continue through them.

Might keep an eye on this one.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I liked this a lot! I'd love to see Jim play through more stuff.
Even if it's just on youtube if it's too long for the escapist.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gotta say this looks like the creepiest game I've seen in a very long time. I've always thought that the best scary games are ones that instill a deep sense of helplessness...and there's not much more helpless you can get than being a 2 year old waddling around in the dark. I'm looking forward to seeing the full, finished product.