Jimquisition: Bullshit in Sheep's Clothing

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
EA: we're fools all year round :p
EA: (continued) and we take you all for fools, too!

It's nice to have Jim around. Someone whose opinions conveniently dovetail mine, with enough name value to be taken seriously.

Or more so than me.

labbu

Nov 18, 2009
So, EA is calling their DRM ridden games MMO's now. I'm gonna give it 6 months before, on top of the 60$ price tag and microtransactions they're also gonna charge a subscription fee.

Also, congratulaions on the 100 episodes, Jim. I honestly had never thought I'd actually like your show, but ever since the 4th episode I've been really drawn to it. Here's to another 100!

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I really hated the early episodes, the persona was just too off putting, to the point where I'd stopped watching for a while. I can't exactly explain what changed, but there's been a vast improvement. Congratulations on #100.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
Bullshit in Sheep's Clothing

Join Jim as he celebrates the 100th episode of Jimquisition ... and complains about EA. Again.

Watch Video
OMG OMG was that Naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 :D
Wait.........why do you have it in an Army of two case O_e
Anyway doesn't matter jim's an anime fan yay ^_^ {at least I hope you are}
P.S.While I disagree with you on some of the video's/topics you have covered I also agree with you on many of them as well,so while our relationship is not perfect {none-of them are} I still love you [glomps Jim].

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I'm another one of those that couldn't stand the first few episodes. I tend to give web shows a fair amount of episodes to find their footing...usually around 10. With this show, it didn't take that long and I look forward to seeing it every Monday.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Well Jim, if people didn't like you back then, then you're a good example that things get better. I can't imagine a world without you now. Thank "religion of your choice" for you!

Edit: I'm curious of your opinion on Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm 3 now...

Lord Hosk

Dec 2, 2011
Congratulations and thank you for all the awesome content.

Also whats this about out of character? I thought you were really a depraved egotistical Jack A.. I dont know if I want to watch the show anymore if you are not truly a lunatic.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Yeah Jim, I wasn't so fond of you at the beginning, but then something changed and you earned a special little place in a corner of my heart. I think initially what got me was that I couldn't tell if what you were doing was a put-on persona or if you were actually just that mean. That, and the little pictures you drew with surprisingly well-rendered penises were a rather unwelcome sight since I often watch these videos in school computer labs.

But after a while you got rid of the little dicks and your persona as a dick became clearly a persona, and you've become one of the reasons I drag myself out of bed on Mondays :)

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Jim why did you change the music? Old one was just fine and memorable. It is like changing ZP background from yellow to blue. I was one of the people who enjoyed your earlier episode too. I am disapoint

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Grats on 100!

I thought the first few episodes were train wrecky in that I couldn't stop watching in horror. But Jim has grown into a legitimate demagogue (the good, roman definition not the modern one) making the peoples' case.

As for the "EA problem" all I can say is don't buy games from "evil" corporate publishers. Discipline yourself so you are blind to marketing and you no longer want all of the shiny things that are advertised.

Don't sign petitions, don't rage on the internet, just don't buy it. Or if you absolutely can't resist then don't buy it the first month, which is the crucial month for "big" game sales.

But better yet show your financial support for dedicated, sincere, independent developers who are trying to support themselves by bringing the world joy. And don't support corporate games whose owners only see you as dollar signs, and only care about their games as numbers on a spreadsheet.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
bafrali said:
Jim why did you changr the music? Old one was just frine and memorable. It is like changing ZP background from blue to yellow. I was one of the people who enjoyed your earlier episode too. I am disapoint
A) It made sense to use something not copyrighted.
B) I love Danny B.
C) Danny B!

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Well Jim, as a matter of fact I'm one of the people who watched you (once, I think) in the beginning--the very first episode--and only came back a couple of months ago. I've enjoyed watching you regularly since. Maybe I've matured since your first episode? Sure, it's your 100th so we'll say put it all on me. :p

Congrats on your 100th episode!

OT: I was wondering why no one called SimCity a MMO from the start. I don't play MMO's, though, so I figured it was ignorance on my part. Glad to know it wasn't.

[small]Entirely.[/small]

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
To answer the Naruto question:

Army of Two was in the other room and I was too lazy to get it. I realized the case would look lame empty. A review copy of Naruto was right next to my desk. I made the executive call.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Lilani said:
Yeah Jim, I wasn't so fond of you at the beginning, but then something changed and you earned a special little place in a corner of my heart.
You must have a REALLY big heart.

OT, I find the Jimquisition occasionally fun and watchable, but prefer Jim's written word much more.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
Bullshit in Sheep's Clothing

Join Jim as he celebrates the 100th episode of Jimquisition ... and complains about EA. Again.

Watch Video
I'll be honest, I wasn't exactly a huge fan of the early episodes (didn't want you kicked out though) but you've vastly improved since then and I'm glad to see you reach 100 episodes. Glad to see you got rid of the little dicks on screen and damn man, you're really rocking that outfit and glasses, very sharp looking.

So again, congrats on 100 episodes and of course thank God(Emperor) for you.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Carnagath said:
Lilani said:
Yeah Jim, I wasn't so fond of you at the beginning, but then something changed and you earned a special little place in a corner of my heart.
You must have a REALLY big heart.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It doesn't matter that this video pointed out the bullshit that publishers try to get away with. I've seen people on The Escapist defending the bullshit rhetoric you were just talking about. They actually believe that video games are services if the publishers decide to call them services. And they don't give a shit. They gladly buy it. And they don't see that they are the problem. A company can't get away with anything if consumers stop buying their products. Solution: STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS!
Literally all it takes is to boycott one game until they remove the feature that caused the boycott in the first place. They will have to remove it if they want to make money off of it, and they won't dare to implement that bullshit in their next game. Capitalism is that simple. People have the power. All they have to do is use their brain.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
Don't thank us for giving you another chance Jim, for it is we who thank god for you.