Jimquisition: Bullshit in Sheep's Clothing

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Jimothy Sterling said:
To answer the Naruto question:

Army of Two was in the other room and I was too lazy to get it. I realized the case would look lame empty. A review copy of Naruto was right next to my desk. I made the executive call.
And it was the right call. A man after my own lazy heart.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I got to say, I'm really surprised EA didn't call SimCity a MMO at the start of all this really.
Why is it that the bullcrap big companies try to pull seem very similar to the crap some politicians try to pull off?
Weird.

Anyway, well done Jim.
I kind of feel bad now that I liked the show from the start. Don't get the wrong idea, I still think it got WAY better as it went on. And may it continue to get even greater!

:) Thank God for you Jim.

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Just wanted to say thanks for the episodes and to keep going, so much better now than it was when you first started.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
First off, your show has turned into a very enjoyable one for me, so thanks for that.

Second, this whole Sim City debacle has given us a glimpse into what the future of gaming might become, and that's terrifying me. I hope this sort of crap will stop soon, but it doesn't seem likely.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
I enjoy the Jimquisition - its nice and intelligent criticism that isn't afraid of taking the piss on itself

As for this week's theme: Ya, the game pupblishers can call DRM whatever they want, its DRM

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I must say I was really confused by the original couple of episodes.

But like an aggressive metastatic testicular cancer, ya grew on me jim.

Ya grew on me.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Oh yes the early episodes of shame of the Jimquisition. I would not be surprised if they become the Star Wars Christmas Special of his oeuvre of 5 minute rants.

The 100th episode is proof that listening to the good thought out parts of the critique you get will pay off in the long run. Congratulations.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
To answer the Naruto question:

Army of Two was in the other room and I was too lazy to get it. I realized the case would look lame empty. A review copy of Naruto was right next to my desk. I made the executive call.
Why,why didn't you quote me, am I not good enough Jim AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
But in all seriousness that means you didn't but naruto and probably don't read the manga......I'm sad now :(
P.S. Have you played the game/do you like it? [if you say no I will find you and kil make you like/play it]

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Admittedly, I only started watching after he proclaimed Dynasty Warriors the "Citizen Kane" of gaming (being another rare western fan of the series), but congratulations on reaching 100 episodes. I may have to check out the early trainwrecks when I get tired of watching retspurraes and MST3K episodes.

I really can't get angry about companies engaging in anti-consumer behavior anymore. I just don't buy the games. I have enough stuff in my library and backlog that I'm not so desperate for a new experience that I would willing put up with such nonsense. And if millions of others are willing, well that's not really inside my ability to control, is it?

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
i only gave this a second chance because i had to figure out why you were still on the escapist after the first few terrible videos. i'm glad i gave it another shot, keep up the good work

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Gotta admit I was in the "hated early Jimquisition" camp.

Upon viewing the first episode I was like: "Who is this colossal idiot with a massive ego and a god complex? What value can he possibly add to our joyous and untainted hobby by constantly belittling games, gamers and the culture at large?"

I still think all of that of course, the only difference is that now I wouldn't be without any of it.

Thank god for you Jim, thank god indeed.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Congrats on 100 episodes keep up the good work.
I usually think such comments are just people dick riding, but I have to say I usually look forward to your episode because I feel you genuinely speak for gamers. You don't mind calling out bullshit when you see it and manage to put your discontent in a humorous yet insightful way.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Funny to think that at first I hated The Jimquisition, and loved Movie Bob. Amazing that now I love The Jimquisition, and hate Movie Bob.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Happy 100 Episodes, Jim! Happy we did decide to give you a second chance after those early episodes.

On a side note - the early work of anyone is guaranteed to be terrible. Your not alone there X3

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
Jimothy Sterling said:
Speaking out of character, I know full well the first few episodes were dreadful.

I thank everyone, sincerely, for giving it the extra chances it needed. :)
That kind of honesty is refreshing and it shows even when in character. Keep fighting the good fight and congrats!

Elyxard

Dec 12, 2010
I don't even remember why I started watching the Jimquisition. It was fairly new at the time and I think I just happened to try it out by chance. The self-absorbed schtick almost turned me away, but I stuck with it and I've enjoyed nearly every video since. Anyone who continues to call out EA (and others) for their continued BS is good in my books.

And on that note, nothing screams shareholder and marketer stranglehold more than the re-branding of a bad thing to make it sound good, rather than to rethink actually doing said bad thing. I'd like to believe that the CEO change could help, but the damage is already done and they're going to suffer for it for the next decade. They'd have to learn to be honest and actually admit that they've done wrong now and then (pffhah!) in order to have a hope of winning back some modest community support.

The fact that they still spin every "apology" into a spewage of self-gratification gives me little hope though (and that could be its own Jimquisition episode, if you needed to bag on EA some more).

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Congrats on the 100th episode!

I was one of those haters when I watched the very first episode and thought it was downright horrible. Comparing it Extra Credits at the time and you know what was funny? Both the Jimquistion and EC had completely opposite arcs when it came to quality.

The Jimquisition started off as shit and around the episode of online passes became decent, then with the skyrim video became great. While Extra credits started off REALLY strong in the first and second season, only to become barely watchable for me now. Jim really turned things around and his success is well deserved.

I was half expecting a bottle spraying victory scene at the end. Guess we will save that for 1000th episode