Jimquisition: Bullshit in Sheep's Clothing

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
While I think the show has only improved I didn't think the first few episodes were that bad. However, The Jimquisition was around long before I joined the escpist.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Limited? Are they going to stop selling them at some point?

Do what I do and assume everything publishers do is a sinister business tactic and you will be right nine times out of ten until they finally scrabble their way up to their former glory. Although personally I think EA has so much business cancer it will never try putting quality before profit ever again and should burn.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Atmos Duality said:
Crono1973 said:
So, corporations exploit consumers and consumers still buy their shit. Therefore consumers are to blame, alone.

Tell me again why the corporation isn't ALSO to blame for exploiting consumers?
I didn't say consumers were alone in holding that blame, nor did I imply it.
(reading through the original post I defended again, I see that I misread it)
Of course both parties are at fault by simple cause and effect.

But that does not subtract from the fact that these exploitative business practices only work because enough consumers keep buying into it.

Companies like EA are going to keep pushing the envelope, and keep asking for more and more while offering less and less until the market slams the door in their face.
Oh well I guess I misunderstood you then. Sorry.

LoLife

Dec 7, 2012
Any chance of having a shiny badge for watch all 100 =) innovative submarine ROFL

dedem1315

Sep 25, 2010
I actually enjoyed the early episodes. Then again, I enjoy most things you put out. Like talking about bumming Jonathan Holmes. Congratulations for making it to 100 episodes Jim!

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
To answer the Naruto question:

Army of Two was in the other room and I was too lazy to get it. I realized the case would look lame empty. A review copy of Naruto was right next to my desk. I made the executive call.

Try not to be too offended, you twat

I think I'm one of the extreme minority that liked you from the beginning. Still don't like moviebob at all.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
You could make tens of thounsands on your own, why be ruled by an employer like escapist magazine?

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
You could make tens of thousands on your own, why be ruled by an employer like escapist magazine?

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Yeah, I didn't like those earlier episodes at all. It seemed you were going for a Yahtzee-style parody of a smug, selfsatisfied bastards, but the smug bastard part was so far to the forefront that it eclipsed the parody part. So three videos in I decided to give this show a miss. I only watched an occasional episode if the topic really interested me.

I only started watching more episodes about a month or two ago. I'm gradually warming up. Your style isn't as grating as it was, and I approve of most of your points (The point of the inovation video, not so much, but otherwise it's good). It isn't ZP, but I consider it worth the bother of watching now. Not exactly a glowing reivew, I know, but there you go.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
ViciousTide said:
You could make tens of thousands on your own, why be ruled by an employer like escapist magazine?
Without an employer like The Escapist, I couldn't justify the time and expense of making any, let alone tens of thousands.

Mr.Wizard

Apr 22, 2010
I am glad I gave Jimquisition a second chance. Although I'm still not a fan of the "character" I am genuinely interested in the content each week and the reasoned arguments you put forward more than make up for the intro I have to sit through to get to it.

It doesn't hurt that I almost always agree with the things you are saying (who doesn't like being told their right all the time?)

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
Speaking out of character, I know full well the first few episodes were dreadful.

I thank everyone, sincerely, for giving it the extra chances it needed. :)
I actually quite liked the first few episodes. Pretty sure others did too.

Of course the show has gotten better and better as time goes on but I don't think I'll ever get the severe dislike people had for the earlier ones.

Jan 27, 2011
I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't deliver the entire episode backwards. XD

Also, "the titanic was an innovative submarine"...That gave me a hell of a laugh. :p

franksands

Dec 6, 2010
Congrats on the 100 episodes! I'm a newcomer, only started watching last year, but find it all kinds of awesome. In other news, you should be glad to hear tha Lisa Foiles is coming back on tuesdays.