Jimquisition: Bullshit in Sheep's Clothing

mightlife

Jan 23, 2013
I always enjoy tuning in for your brand of well-versed vitriol; keep it coming.

gridsleep said:
Congratulations, Jim. The opening by Drill Queen always reminds me of that scary singer from Mad Max (Robina Chaffey, I just looked it up) whose only purpose in the film seemed to serve as an excuse for people to say "Well, at least the Goose Man got laid before all his skin got burned off."
'on the liquorice riiieeeiiide!'

8o

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Thank you, Jim.

I'm 3 days late because I still watch Jimquisition on Thursdays, not Mondays. Monday is LRR-day (with Checkpoint on PATV), Tuesday has Big Picture, Wednesday has ZP, FeedDump and Extra Credits on PATV. Fridays has Escape to the Movies. Thursdays are just right for Jimquisition. Can't have Escapist overload on Mondays. What else do I have to watch on Thursdays with my tea in the morning.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
I haven't been around the Escapist long enough to see the earlier episodes, but if hearsay is anything to go by, that's a good thing.

Regardless, this has become a fantastic show, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we hope to see more of you in the future.

Nymi

Nov 26, 2011
I'll be honest and say I prefer MovieBob when he's reviewing movies. When talking on games, I generally see a flaming pile of shit from him and angelic farts from Jim Sterling. That's probably a weird compliment, but it -is- a complain-y show, so.. Stuff.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Well done Jim thanks for not giving up when the initial response was negative and another great video yet again :) keeping us informed on how we are being used, abused and tricked by the companies we keep afloat.... warms my heart <3

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
When I first saw his episodes I dismissed Jim as a fat loud mouthed arrogant arse.
Now I realise that's a good thing. Here's to another 100 brilliant shows :D

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Dear Jim, your show is quite entertaining. Although truthfully, I'm not sure you really need video because the audio is really the only important part.

I honestly think that people originally preferred Lisa Foiles to you because she's a lot better looking. Once you dig down into the content you're a lot more interesting.

Please don't take this as being against Lisa Foiles, I'm fairly neutral on her show. If you like it, watch it.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
Hurray for 100 episodes.
But what's this, no mention of how Steam is DRM under a different name.

I started watching Jimquisition episodes several months ago and love it.
One of these days I need to go watch the early Jimquisition episodes because I cannot imagine them being that bad.

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Glad you made it to 100 Jim and so on.

Will say ya I was one that hated it in the beginning but it was mostly because the usual trap of wanting to cut to yourself to do something "funny" every minute and then go back to trying to make a point. similar fates happen to a lot of shows that don't realize they shouldn't do that ;p

Jewpacabra

Dec 25, 2008
You need a cane. Fantastic as always, and congratulations on the success, but all I could think the whole time was that with that cap, you need some sort of cane.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Congrats on the milestone. I wish there was a badge for having so many 500+ comment posts on the site. You managed to snag me as a weekly watcher after only about 4 or 5 episodes, and dragged me back to Destructoid again as well.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
duchaked said:
I've always loved co-op gaming, so all of this is especially painful to see happening
esp when local co-op gets cut

Titanic...innovative submarine indeed loll
Thankfully, you can still splitscreen Ao2 TDC.

If you want to.

Which you shouldn't.

No, seriously.

As a fan of both co-op gaming and of the prior Army of Two games (Yes, we exist. There are 7 of us), this game is pretty dreadful.

But you can splitscreen it if you want.

If you want to.

Which...You get the point.

I'm legitimately curious now, though. Jim brings this up regarding Ao2: The Devil's Cardigan, but this argument is one I would think applied to Saints Row the Third as well. Did Jim ever address this? Saints Row 3 may not have had boost jumps and vague homosexual camaraderie (unless you play as a chick, because the Boss always hits on Shaundi), but it was heavily built around co-op and advertised as a co-op experience. Why only bring it up now?
haha my old roommate and I played the first two Army of Two games, and we're planning play through the third for old time's sake lol