Jimquisition: Dynasty Warriors Is The Citizen Kane Of Gaming

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Dynasty Warriors Is The Citizen Kane Of Gaming

Drunk with power, Jim Sterling abuses his position to start sneaking out some of his more ruinous opinions. In this episode, he divulges his love for Dynasty Warriors and somehow thinks he'll get away with it. Will he inspire others to confess their secret shame, or will he bring pitchforks and torches to his door?

Watch Video

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I was unaware of this impression that DW sucked...

I too have enjoyed the DW series since the DW3, and have purchased every one since release... (gods 6 sucked...)

Edit:

I really wanted to find a clip to add to the greatest voice acting ever... but I am left with only quotes...

Who can forget, "We shall stop them dead"?

Also... Zhang He is one of my favorite characters, 2nd only to Cao Cao himself.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I haven't played a DW game since the first of the Gundam offshoots. It might be time to get reacquainted with the series.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
I tried out a demo for a DW game. I didn't like it.

But I may try out another one now, just to see if it's really as fun as you say it is.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
good points as usual. I must say, after yahtzee, I think that this has become my favourite show on the escapist. Thank bhuddah for Jim

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Yes Dynasty Warriors is therapeutic, but its still shallow shovelware.

Im definately one of the haters but its not because I dont like the game its because I hate what Koei have done with the series, released the same game year in year out with an everincreasing number of minor but often ridiculous changes.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
You went a little insane during this episode Jim. I don't know if I should be calling you a psychiatrist or a priest.

But good episode none-the-less.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
He kinda went insane in this episode but I agree. I wouldn't call it the citizen Kane of gaming but I love Dynasty warriors although I haven't bought any of the recent titles sadly.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
GeneralFungi said:
You went a little insane during this episode Jim. I don't know if I should be calling you a psychiatrist or a priest.

But good episode none-the-less.
Why not both? Just to be safe.

lol

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
EverythingIncredible said:
My beef with Dynasty Warriors is just that it is repetitive.
It's no more repetitive than most sports and shooter titles, though. and that was part of Jim's point, really. not to mention, the button-mashing elements of a LOT of action games these days. Prototype or God of War could have the same attribution with the same amount of honesty to the claims.

I wouldn't call it the Citizen Kane, but certainly it's the equivalent of your standard Kung Fu flick. I unabashedly enjoy myself a good beat-em-up in the same way I enjoy a solid martial arts flick, even if the movie is otherwise...Lacking. Do people get kicked and punched a lot? Yes? Good.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I've loved the DW series since 3 as well. The zen like state you can enter while mowing down the 300 soldier just can't be described. I prefer the Gundam versions myself but they're all good... except DW6. That sucked! I prefered the PS One original over DW6.

People say it's repetitive... yes it is but it's never really boring unless you play for hours on end. People say it's a button masher... all games that aren't shooter or puzzle games are button mashers, live with it! People say it's just the same game with new box art... It's not unlike Call Of Duty and Battlefield and EVERY SPORTS GAME!

I admit it's not for everyone but it's not as bad as it's accused of being. I find it hard to agree that it's the Citizen Kane of gaming.

Aug 1, 2010
Nice troll title there Jim...

OT: I would love to give it a try, but from what I have seen, I really can't stand the art design. Not sure if that will ruin THESE games for me, but it has in the past.